Jack Ross must stay....

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Hibs were rotten on Sat,no one would disagree.
Years ago in the Retard Stuart Cosgrove hit the nail on the head.Hibs win 3 games in a row and the treble is in the bag,lose a game and the manager,board and players need sacked.
Over the course of this season the same few posters disappear when the goings good then are out demanding half the club need put on the dole after a loss.
Like a poster said above I logged out just after half time and considered just blocking the Bounce,pissed off the some of the posts.
Hibs and this place ain't good for your mental health.
Do you not think Hibs should be aiming high? It's about setting a big club mentality which Lennon attempted before his team fell apart. I don't think it's acceptable for Hibs to lose to St Johnstone but thrice in a season is ridiculous. Our best chance in years to win silverware and we blew it big time. Not just the result but the performances as well which were awful. If we'd gone down fighting most fans wouldn't be as annoyed.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I'll not be surprised to see him leave for a gig down south this summer.

I find his football pretty boring and too cautious but I'll accept it if it's winning football. And 4 games against St Johnstone with no wins and no goals suggests he's some way to go to be a winning manager.

Recruitment this summer is going to be crucial to how long he will still be in the post. We need to recruit proven quality that are men and promising youngsters. And he needs to mould them to produce winning football. Aberdeen will be better. Gunts will spend heavily. And St Johnstone might be better still....
Aberdeen will be better?The Jambos have just gone through about 5 years of shite.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The Jambos run was about 5 years in the making. We've been relegated, Dundee and Dundee United have been relegated. What's to say Aberdeen will improve? It's not a given.

Steve20

Donator
Third plus decent runs in both cup competitions.
Didn’t end well, but a reasonable target for Hibs is 3rd plus decent cup runs.

Aiming high is exactly what we need to do. But achieving reasonable targets means sacking the manager?

OK then.
Why is a ‘cup run’ a target? Why would anyone set out to target losing? A CUP WIN should be a target and Jack Ross messed up three good chances of that.

The football is awful, the home form shocking, he can’t beat either Huns or Celtic, Hampden turns him into a shivering wreck, he still hasn’t managed to find balance in our side after all this time and he’s so scared to lose a game at Hampden that we don’t go out and win them.(yes yes Dundee Utd but who couldn’t have beat them that day)

St Johnstone 4 wins out of 4 at Hampden
Hibs 1 win out of 4 at Hampden.
That’s absolutely appalling.

Hopefully he does turn it round, but there’s is nothing to suggest he will win a trophy at Hibs. He’s just not got it in him to do it.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Do you not think Hibs should be aiming high? It's about setting a big club mentality which Lennon attempted before his team fell apart. I don't think it's acceptable for Hibs to lose to St Johnstone but thrice in a season is ridiculous. Our best chance in years to win silverware and we blew it big time. Not just the result but the performances as well which were awful. If we'd gone down fighting most fans wouldn't be as annoyed.
Of course they should aim to be a successful as possible,every team should,its the bipolar reaction of the fans that's the issue.
Ignore Saturday and look at some of the threads/posts after some games and you'd think posters actually hated Hibs.

HenryLB

Donator
Why is a ‘cup run’ a target? Why would anyone set out to target losing? A CUP WIN should be a target and Jack Ross messed up three good chances of that.

The football is awful, the home form shocking, he can’t beat either Huns or Celtic, Hampden turns him into a shivering wreck, he still hasn’t managed to find balance in our side after all this time and he’s so scared to lose a game at Hampden that we don’t go out and win them.(yes yes Dundee Utd but who couldn’t have beat them that day)

Hopefully he does turn it round, but there’s is nothing to suggest he will win a trophy at Hibs. He’s just not got it in him to do it.
Would you take third in the league and a guaranteed appearance in the cup final next season? Result not guaranteed but we definitely get there? I would.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge

So telling the manager we expect to be at Hampden at least twice every season is targeting failure.
OK then.

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
Different or maybe stronger criteria seems to be applied to Jack Ross than any other Hibs manager than I can recall and it's very hard to work out why that might be.🤔.

League position is usually the number 1 pre-requisite and in this respect Jack Ross has 100% achieved this target with a margin to spare and for the 1st time in 16 years Hibs are 3rd in the SPFL and the best of the rest.✅.

The 2nd pre-requisute is to go deep in cup competitions and one Scottish Cup Final and one League Cup semi final would indicate that this target has also been 100% achieved.✅.

The 3rd pre requisite is attractive, exciting football which is always the mythical millstone hung around every Hibs manager that none of them achieve in modern times apart from 6 months here and there.

In that respect its a very close fail as Hibs are a very functional practical team who are a bit on the dour side but who can certainly grind out the away wins unlike many of the previous teams.🤔

Avoiding catastrophic one off results or series of results is the 4th pre requisite as for example Fenlon had two games that will haunt him and all of us forever and Butcher had a two month script of a disaster movie.😥

In that respect Jack Ross has undoubtededly failed as losing to the lower league puddledrinkers and the shocking cup final performance devoid of guile, passion or attitude is for many supporters unforgivable.😥😥.

It all depends on your expectation's and looking at the total overall picture Jack Ross has done more than enough for me and I am more than satisfied with him as Hibs manager.✅

Ultimately he will be sacked as that's the inevitable fate of all managers but now is nowhere near the time and I look forward to next season and live football again.✅

Last edited:

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
We are a support starved of success and this season we've looked upon it as a huge opportunity to do well. Celtc have imploded. Aberdeen been so awful they couldn't score and sacked their manager. Motherwell much poorer. And of course the sorry Gunts out the picture....

And I think that's the elephant in the room. We blew it in that semi-final v them. Had we beaten them as we should have we would have faced a shambolic Celtc in the final. And we know the Gunts are back next season. I have no doubt that their aim will be to replace us in third and the Gunt way is to spend heavily. At some point they might get their recruitment right. Celtc will be better. And so will Aberdeen. All will spend. And obviously so will we.

So I think the frustration is just the missed opportunity and knowing such opportunities don't come round too often.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I reckon the majority of the Bounce members are suffering from manic depression and should be banging on their GP's door to up their meds.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
We want out team to do well, we wanted them to win the cup. We should accept that they did better than most years and got to a cup final. Before 2016 we hadn't won the cup for 114 years. We hadn't come 3rd for 16 years. We should come to the realisation that given that someone has to win the cup then it wasn't necessarily us that was going to win it. We fucked up badly. But moaping on it for what is it? 4 days? Isn't doing us any good. We lost, get over it. How is throwing our toys out of the pram doing us any good? Ross is staying. Sook it up.

For all the fine words.....can someone explain to me why St. Johnstone, financially minnows compared to Hibs, with their squad and a so called lesser manager, considering both teams positions in the League, that they fucking totally fucking own us. Replays on the back of a sick note.

BIG G

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here