It gets worse...

Kenny

Legendary Radge
Dylan is starting to irk me....sublime player everywhere except the final 3rd...so much talent but has a pop a goal once every three months...doesn't run the channels even when he has the protection of bartley covering for him.

mentally something isn't there with him....he can do it, he did against aberdeen in the 3-2 semi?

Greenpower

Well-Known Radge
Just when I thought things could not get any worse....Dylan to the Dons?
They tried to sign him last January. He was told to find a new club in the summer. I really hope Dylan signs a new deal. He makes us tick.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
This rumour has been doing the rounds up here for the last 5-6 weeks.

Probably something in it, with McLean off down the road.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Should have been dealt with in the summer.
Should have been handled better last week when Lennon spoke publicly about it.

Tbh, don't blame him if he wants to go.

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
Could be wrong but can't think I have ever read an article or interview with DMG where he said he is happy at Hibs. He's had a fair wage from the club while being out through multiple injuries, if that is not enough reason for a player to commit for a bit longer then he should move on. No player is bigger than the club as good as he is.

ZemmamasBarnet

Legendary Radge
I like McGeouch and I like McGinn.

I seem to recall under Stubbs that we had difficulty in playing them in the same team; Hibs looked and felt disjointed with McGinn often playing out left. The injuries to McGeouch meant that McGinn playing in what was seen to be his more natural role gave Hibs more fluency.

There have been a few solid displays from Hibs midfield in big games this season and I wonder if that has potentially overshadowed the previous 'problem' we had since McGeouch has found himself fit and featuring regularly again.

In my mind one big problem at Hibs is that our midfielders do not contribute enough in the way of goals. McGeouch, someone said, has scored once in 93 games (94 now). McGinn has contributed a few, Boyle maybe as many slightly more (appreciate his position is sometimes more advanced), Bartley none, Barker none.

Do we need to lose McGinn or McGeouch in an attempt to regain some fluency in the side and also get someone else in that will contribute goals? With the exception of Barker and Boyle, our midfield seems content to want and receive the ball but offer little going forward.

Kenny

Legendary Radge
I like McGeouch and I like McGinn.

I seem to recall under Stubbs that we had difficulty in playing them in the same team; Hibs looked and felt disjointed with McGinn often playing out left. The injuries to McGeouch meant that McGinn playing in what was seen to be his more natural role gave Hibs more fluency.

There have been a few solid displays from Hibs midfield in big games this season and I wonder if that has potentially overshadowed the previous 'problem' we had since McGeouch has found himself fit and featuring regularly again.

In my mind one big problem at Hibs is that our midfielders do not contribute enough in the way of goals. McGeouch, someone said, has scored once in 93 games (94 now). McGinn has contributed a few, Boyle maybe as many slightly more (appreciate his position is sometimes more advanced), Bartley none, Barker none.

Do we need to lose McGinn or McGeouch in an attempt to regain some fluency in the side and also get someone else in that will contribute goals? With the exception of Barker and Boyle, our midfield seems content to want and receive the ball but offer little going forward.
possibly the solution is staring us in the face? - swanson scores at this level? pretty much proven

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
possibly the solution is staring us in the face? - swanson scores at this level? pretty much proven

Sign midfielders that don't score goals and folk are surprised when they don't.

McGinn is an engine, box to box with some digs.
McGeouch is a middle third player, plays fron deep, naturally not his game to get forward.
Bartley.. Used to play further forward surprisingly.

Our set up is reliant on the wingers and forwards scoring.
Not the midfield, evident by the fact nobody goes beyond the ball.

We've not peaked, they've not peaked, we just don't have enough variation to our players.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno why that quoted you Kenny, sorry dude

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
Paper talk, granted. I'm an appreciator or McGeough and want to see him stay but if he starts playing hardball over a new contract and Aberdeen keep sniffing around then I'd give serious consideration to a swap deal to wrest Rooney away to Hibs.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
McLean sold to Norwich and immediately loaned back to the sheep. Hopefully means they keep their paws of mcgeoch now

It'll mean he's on a free in the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Paper talk, granted. I'm an appreciator or McGeough and want to see him stay but if he starts playing hardball over a new contract and Aberdeen keep sniffing around then I'd give serious consideration to a swap deal to wrest Rooney away to Hibs.

Hibs haven't even had the decency to put the contract on paper.
It's not him being a prick, we tried to move him on in the summer, the only player with an expiring contract not to be offered one.

He's came back and shown Hibs it was a mistake
It's not the other way about at all.

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
It'll mean he's on a free in the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Hibs haven't even had the decency to put the contract on paper.
It's not him being a prick, we tried to move him on in the summer, the only player with an expiring contract not to be offered one.

He's came back and shown Hibs it was a mistake
It's not the other way about at all.

No, I've not assumed otherwise, Hammi. Nor did I think it was very smart the manager coming out with the 'owing Hibs something' stuff, a bit ill-advised. He's a talented player and I hope he stays. If however he has other ideas I would try to broker such a deal.

Mags

Just A Radge
Could be wrong but can't think I have ever read an article or interview with DMG where he said he is happy at Hibs. He's had a fair wage from the club while being out through multiple injuries, if that is not enough reason for a player to commit for a bit longer then he should move on. No player is bigger than the club as good as he is.

Thro'out the years', I have heard several Hibs' players say how happy they are at the club,before leaving a few weeks' later. It means nothing. I would expect Hibs to stand by an injured player. Apart from anything else, they've no option! Dylan, like our other midfielders, does not score goals, but he is creative. He would be one of the first names on the team sheet if I was NL. As stated elsewhere, under Stubbs, he could not play with McGinn, but that seems to be resolved. I would hate to lose him, especially to a Scottish team. It will be bad enough if JC scores against us. The prospect of Dylan setting up an Aberdeen striker is painful.

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
Thro'out the years', I have heard several Hibs' players say how happy they are at the club,before leaving a few weeks' later. It means nothing. I would expect Hibs to stand by an injured player. Apart from anything else, they've no option! Dylan, like our other midfielders, does not score goals, but he is creative. He would be one of the first names on the team sheet if I was NL. As stated elsewhere, under Stubbs, he could not play with McGinn, but that seems to be resolved. I would hate to lose him, especially to a Scottish team. It will be bad enough if JC scores against us. The prospect of Dylan setting up an Aberdeen striker is painful.
Someone said on another thread about Lennon saying at AGM he thought that some of the injuries were in his head. I don't think he would say this without reason, so makes me think he doesn't want to be here and therefore if a club comes in for him he wants then he will be off. So no point worrying about loosing him if he doesn't want to be here.

Ideally not too a Scottish club but what can you do, the ball is in his court as Lennon stated.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Zab

Admin

Totally agree, it doesn’t matter whether he declares his love for the club. As you say, plenty have before and it doesn’t stop them leaving.

What I would question is how often does Dylan really set up a striker for a chance? We hardly play any forward passes from midfield, especially a pass that leads to a chance. He’s a very good player, tidy in possession and can run a game, but I don’t think he’s a creator of chances.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Totally agree, it doesn’t matter whether he declares his love for the club. As you say, plenty have before and it doesn’t stop them leaving.

What I would question is how often does Dylan really set up a striker for a chance? We hardly play any forward passes from midfield, especially a pass that leads to a chance. He’s a very good player, tidy in possession and can run a game, but I don’t think he’s a creator of chances.

He creates the passes that open up space for the final assist.
Balls for Boyle to run into etc.

When he's gone, we'll miss what he brings, definitely.

Zab

Admin
He creates the passes that open up space for the final assist.
Balls for Boyle to run into etc.

When he's gone, we'll miss what he brings, definitely.

That’s exactly what he brings and there’s no doubt he’ll be a loss the day he leaves Hibernian.

I’ve always thought he was best deployed in the centre of a three, slightly deeper than the other two where he can play those kind of passes. Slivka has shown he has a willingness to get forward, so I’d like to see him to the right of McGeouch with McGinn to the left in a midfield three.