It’s Sir Keir

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
#Ridge - Should Matt Hancock resign after being found to have acted unlawfully over not publishing covid-19 contracts?
Keir Starmer - No.... that's not what the public want to see.

Starmer facing outrage from Labour supporters, another failure already

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I saw a thing on Facebook, I know, I know, during the week.

Richard Leonard when he was leader of the Scottish Labour Party regularly went on telling NS to set up a National Care Service run similar to the NHS.

There was a debate in the Scottish Parliament were it was discussed and for some reason Labour voted with the torys against it!

I know nothing more and a wee search didn't come up with more detail.

Does anyone know the story?

#Ridge - Should Matt Hancock resign after being found to have acted unlawfully over not publishing covid-19 contracts?
Keir Starmer - No.... that's not what the public want to see.

Starmer facing outrage from Labour supporters, another failure already
If you have followed The Sirs Blairite and Stalinist actions on here, this should not come as a surprise mate.
Watch him here. Utterly disgraceful.

BIG G

Last edited:
I saw a thing on Facebook, I know, I know, during the week.

Richard Leonard when he was leader of the Scottish Labour Party regularly went on telling NS to set up a National Care Service run similar to the NHS.

There was a debate in the Scottish Parliament were it was discussed and for some reason Labour voted with the torys against it!

I know nothing more and a wee search didn't come up with more detail.

Does anyone know the story?
Last week the SNP adopted Labour's longstanding demand for a National Care Service, after a summer campaign It’s Time to Care About Care. Been clear that a National Care Service should be underpinned by key principles of national standards, local delivery, good work and people before profit – though in Parliament last week were disappointed that the SNP Government rejected the call for a £15 an hour minimum wage in the sector championed by the GMB Union . While there was much to be welcomed in the Government commissioned report on the future of care, there are shared concerns with local government that it could lead to centralisation and lack of local control and accountability.

As much as I know Jack

BIG G

Jack

Last week the SNP adopted Labour's longstanding demand for a National Care Service, after a summer campaign It’s Time to Care About Care. Been clear that a National Care Service should be underpinned by key principles of national standards, local delivery, good work and people before profit – though in Parliament last week were disappointed that the SNP Government rejected the call for a £15 an hour minimum wage in the sector championed by the GMB Union . While there was much to be welcomed in the Government commissioned report on the future of care, there are shared concerns with local government that it could lead to centralisation and lack of local control and accountability.

As much as I know Jack

BIG G
Cheers Big G.

Its a pity about GMBs demand for £15 an hour being an issue at this time given it will likely be years before a NCS becomes a reality.

When I was working with the NHS there were already discussions around a NCS, probably 15 or so years ago and probably before that under another guise! One of the big issues then was that there was local authority concern around lack of local control and accountability. To be honest my thoughts were why have local authorities involved? I didn't see much for the NHS either and would have preferred something quite independent from both starting with a clean slate. No vested interests.

Greenmachine

Starmer has made no impact whatsoever since taking over as Labour leader.

His problem first and foremost is that so many Labour supporters particularly in the north of England who voted for Brexit do not not trust him as he was such a staunch remainer. They think he tried to stop Brexit happening and therefor was trying to undermine the democratic process.

He needs to define himself first and foremost as a credible alternative to Johnson and try and win back the traditional Labour support lost over Brexit. He also has to make inroads in Scotland, however that idea looks fanciful at the moment.

Jack

His problem first and foremost is that so many Labour supporters particularly in the north of England who voted for Brexit do not not trust him as he was such a staunch remainer. They think he tried to stop Brexit happening and therefor was trying to undermine the democratic process.

He needs to define himself first and foremost as a credible alternative to Johnson and try and win back the traditional Labour support lost over Brexit. He also has to make inroads in Scotland, however that idea looks fanciful at the moment.
With the full impact of Brexit still to hit and the possibility of NI going pear shaped that might be enough to persuade the people of Northern England that between Brexit and the torys, with Boris Johnson Prince of Thieves at the helm they made a serious error of judgement.

If not that then as they make it back to their pubs, football grounds and clubs they look around and members of their family and mates are no longer with them because they died of covid or are at home still suffering from its long term affects and they'll realise the torys don't give a fuck about them after all.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca

Labour are as lost as they were under Corbyn. Fundamentally flawed for years, they've been destroyed north and south of the border on constitutional matters. Meanwhile, internally they squabble between left and centre left in a way which is unlikely to find a resolution any time soon. Solidarity, eh? 😉

14 points behind the most inept, corrupt government in my lifetime, its difficult to imagine Sir Starmer staying in place for too long. But what then? Does the Labour Party just become like the Scottish branch, where anyone who wants it gets a go at leader?

I've mixed emotions about it. We need a strong Labour(or similar) party. But its increasingly clear we'll never have that again until we have independence. A vote for Labour is effectively voting to be governed by the tories, in my opinion.

It did not take Anas Sarwar long to ape the Stalinist tactics of Starmer and the Blairites.
The crime is that she thinks that Scots should have the right to have a second Referendum. That won't do will it. Pathetic.

BIG G

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Sarwar's big idea this week was vaccinate the polis. After last weekends debacle it's not vaccinating the polis that needs done, it's a look into the makeup of the polis that needs investigated.

Never mind comrade Starmer, whilst you have been carrying out a witchunt, parachuting in Blairite candidates into Constituencies and overturning the democratically chosen Mayoral candidates in solid Labour Liverpool, instead of providing effective opposition to the Government, it seems it is not going entirely unnoticed.

BIG G

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Thanks to my friends at Jewish Voice for Labour for highlighting Sir Keirs Forensic Gaslighting.

BIG G
not a peep from labour supporters on the bounce big G.

Also, unless ive missed it, there seems to have been nothing on the bounce re Scottish Railways being nationalised.

Labour supporters in Scotland seem to be as full of shit as Tory supporters in Scotland :lookaround:

Jack

Also, unless ive missed it, there seems to have been nothing on the bounce re Scottish Railways being nationalised.

Labour supporters in Scotland seem to be as full of shit as Tory supporters in Scotland :lookaround:
You missed it!

It's almost as if stuff like this is only worth commenting on if it's a stick to beat the SNP/Scottish Government with. I think they're running out of sticks!

Jack

It's also worth mentioning this is around the first anniversary of this thread.

After what I thought was a fair start it's almost as if Sir Keir and Labour have disappeared from UK politics.

And whilst Anas Sarwar also made a reasonable start it's not (yet) been enough to overhaul the tory bastards in the polls into a position that would make them become the official opposition in Scotland.

moathibby

Legendary Radge

The way I heard it.Corbyn's plans to renationlise the railways had to be put on hold, because it was deemed illegal under EU legislation.Maybe Scotland nationalising the railways has been one benefit of getting out of Europe?

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00