• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Is Jack Ross The Manager To Lead Hibs Forward?

Is Jack Ross The Manager To Lead Hibs Forward?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 47.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters
I'd rather keep Jack - when we get to see glimpses of what he wants for Hibs, it's very very good. If the players on the field had buried just one of their chances in the first half last night then the whole game would have taken on a different complexion. Plus the ref allowed The Staggies to foul at will last night. It was a horrendous soft goal for them though which should never ever have happened but again Jack Ross wasn't playing in defence was he?

Nathan Wood has left the building?

Another damning incictment of recent recruitment a la Darnell Johnson, James Scott and others. Really poor use of budget.

No even being kept despite a tough run of fixtures is a pretty damning indictment of what Jack Ross thought about him and his ability to play at this level.

He won’t even be able to play for Middlesbrough until January.

No even being kept despite a tough run of fixtures is a pretty damning indictment of what Jack Ross thought about him and his ability to play at this level.

He won’t even be able to play for Middlesbrough until January.
James Scott should have left too following JR's comments.

The summer window really was one epic fuck up. And it could prove hugely costly in so many different ways.

The summer window really was one epic fuck up. And it could prove hugely costly in so many different ways.
As bad as he seems to be he still may have a part to play. Wood had no chance.

We've a lot of fixtures coming up next month, and not a lot of centre backs. Unless he's injured, it seems bizarre.

We've a lot of fixtures coming up next month, and not a lot of centre backs. Unless he's injured, it seems bizarre.

Better playing Lewis at CB. Did he not play there at the Hunnery and get a result?
Wood is just a raw laddie who is way off the level required in the SPFL

I've heard it was more attitude related than ability.

The squad is weak but

Dabrowski never gets a game
Campbell never got a game until all was lost against Celtic
Gullan gets so little time, he’d have been as well giving Josh O Connor the first team experience

There’s a narrative being pushed around recruitment, the academy, and I just don’t buy it.
The fact dabro doesn’t get a game means macey thinks the gloves are his no matter what 🤷‍♂️

Macey was probably the least of our problems last night imo

The obvious thing to state here is the next manager will probably be worse.

I also think the Americans will make a complete arse of their first managerial appointment.

Have you got a disliking to our new owners?

Was Wood? Scott?
Surely JR didn’t identify two players from England on loan? He stated early that we needed a striker. Those two looked like panic loans to cover our threadbare defence and attack. Wood has just been sent back to Middlesborough and Scott was unfit when he joined. Two shocking signings.

Macey was probably the least of our problems last night imo
What about the season as a whole so far ?

Again, many more culpable than he.

A part of some problems, but certainly hasn't been our biggest problem this season.

The one game he played he didn't impress me and nearly set the opposition player clean through on goal. We don't need another liability at the back.

The one game he played he didn't impress me and nearly set the opposition player clean through on goal. We don't need another liability at the back.

Another?

me 3

* crap last window
* small squad now decimated by injuries and suspensions
* severe lack of attacking cover = only Nissie for a match or two
* Nissie blown a gasket :doh1: :

If we see a decent Jan window and a net increase in squad numbers, I might then give unqualified backing to JR.
That isn't it though. We seem to have a manager who is unable to motivate his players. That team put out last night should be good enough to beat RC and Livi etc.

Look at when Hecky came to Hibs in his first few months he had the team winning games again and pushing up the table after Lennons departure. We need that kind of reaction out of these players.

I am undecided too, Ross can pull of a master stroke like Sunday and has done in other games too, but there has to be consistent and not just in these games. He won’t be sacked nor am I asking for him to be sacked, although if this bad run continues it is only going to go one way.

A part of some problems, but certainly hasn't been our biggest problem this season.
Fair enough , whatI’m saying is some players places appear to be SAFE as long as they are fit , irrespective of current form whereas others find it difficult to get a game 🤔

Fair enough , whatI’m saying is some players places appear to be SAFE as long as they are fit , irrespective of current form whereas others find it difficult to get a game 🤔

Because Macey hasn't had an actual howler, I'm one of his critics, but in truth, he's not made any major errors.
Imo he's a back up keeper who's landed in a first team spot.
Dabrowski not getting game time isn't a surprise, hardly any managers have the confidence to give the gloves to a young goalkeeper.

Out of interest, who do you think is completely safe regardless of form and has actual competition for their spot?

The keeper last night was calamitous.

The keeper last night was calamitous.

Brutal kicking and a goal that should never have gotten near him. I wouldn't say calamitous over the full 90 despite the outrageously poor kick that should've put County 2 up.

Other than that he saved when he had to and stood up when he had to. Came and claimed corners which he never used to do.

Agreed, if he’s no fit enough to even make the bench he’s a waste of a wage/training gear/parking space and whatever else they get. Send him back.

Brutal kicking and a goal that should never have gotten near him. I wouldn't say calamitous over the full 90 despite the outrageously poor kick that should've put County 2 up.

Other than that he saved when he had to and stood up when he had to. Came and claimed corners which he never used to do.
Brutal kicking most fixtures. He makes Jim Leighton look like Maldini.

Marciano wasn’t great either, but not as bad as Macey. I sometimes wonder what they actually do at East Mains… How hard is it to practise kicking a ball in a specific direction?

Because Macey hasn't had an actual howler, I'm one of his critics, but in truth, he's not made any major errors.
Imo he's a back up keeper who's landed in a first team spot.
Dabrowski not getting game time isn't a surprise, hardly any managers have the confidence to give the gloves to a young goalkeeper.

Out of interest, who do you think is completely safe regardless of form and has actual competition for their spot?
Was thinking Newell , who has one good game in five mibby . We dont need 2 JDH types . I’d give SA more starts tbh

True, but he hasn't thrown any into his net, he's no great by any means, but he's not a liability imo.
Just have next to no confidence in him.

Have you got a disliking to our new owners?
Have I? Good question!

Yes, I probably have.

But, I also think there’s some good stuff going on, along with the not so good stuff and I hope that the not so good stuff is just a learning curve.

The point is he’s not that great that he cant be dropped . Dabro might be brilliant , we’ll never know . Give him a few games to find out is what I’m saying .🤔

True, but he hasn't thrown any into his net, he's no great by any means, but he's not a liability imo.
Just have next to no confidence in him.

Confidence is everything when it comes to goalkeeping, so if defenders have no confidence in one that makes them a liability to me.

Confidence is everything when it comes to goalkeeping, so if defenders have no confidence in one that makes them a liability to me.

I dunno how much confidence Paul and Ryan have in him?
I know how much I've got, but I don't play with him.

The point is he’s not that great that he cant be dropped . Dabro might be brilliant , we’ll never know . Give him a few games to find out is what I’m saying .🤔

Nobody in our team is too good to be dropped.
Doesn't mean the replacements are good enough either though.

I'd like to see Dabrowski as well, I actually think he'd relish the chance and make something of it. Like he did in pre-season.

But Jack's clearly no got the confidence to do so, as Zab said, confidence is everything.

Nobody in our team is too good to be dropped.
Doesn't mean the replacements are good enough either though.

I'd like to see Dabrowski as well, I actually think he'd relish the chance and make something of it. Like he did in pre-season.

But Jack's clearly no got the confidence to do so, as Zab said, confidence is everything.
And that may be the problem . The way we’re going mibby time to take some chances . Obviously no working , in the league anyway 🤷‍♂️

And that may be the problem . The way we’re going mibby time to take some chances . Obviously no working , in the league anyway 🤷‍♂️

Could also backfire spectacularly and he gets hung for throwing a young keeper into the firing line.

It's maybe the one position you can't fuck around with and get away with if it goes wrong.

Have I? Good question!

Yes, I probably have.

But, I also think there’s some good stuff going on, along with the not so good stuff and I hope that the not so good stuff is just a learning curve.

Just seem very negative towards them with hardly any reason if any at all.

Could also backfire spectacularly and he gets hung for throwing a young keeper into the firing line.

It's maybe the one position you can't fuck around with and get away with if it goes wrong.
That could be the case if the present keeper was reliable 🤣

That could be the case if the present keeper was reliable 🤣

Hes not unreliable either though, he's just a bog standard average keeper.

Hes not unreliable either though, he's just a bog standard average keeper.
Stretching it a bit 🤣🤣

This thread has been viewed 9125 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50