Is Jack Ross The Manager To Lead Hibs Forward?

Is Jack Ross The Manager To Lead Hibs Forward?

• Yes

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters
SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
It depends

5 league losses in a row

We desperately need a result on Saturday

If that turns into 6…7..8 losses in a row which is entirely possible then no manager is surviving that

We’ve been here before

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Looking at the poll it's quite surprising to see the level of faith fans still have in Jack Ross. Comparing form with other teams in the league, we are the only team to have lost 5 on the bounce which is grim reading.

As well as the poor results the performances have been just as bad for a while even when key players were fit. Usually when a manager loses several league games in succession they very seldom recover. I can't see many positive signs. The cup win isn't a measure of that IMO.

Happy to eat my words if he starts getting results but he isn't getting the best out of players.

mentalhibbyjohn

Just A Radge
Abstaining on this one. For the moment. Let's see what new year brings us and how we did during this mental run of games. We all know we can't afford another Terry Butcher scenario where we sat thinking he'd turn things around.

If you read the following you can't help but take notice at the similarities.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Looking at the poll it's quite surprising to see the level of faith fans still have in Jack Ross. Comparing form with other teams in the league, we are the only team to have lost 5 on the bounce which is grim reading.

As well as the poor results the performances have been just as bad for a while even when key players were fit. Usually when a manager loses several league games in succession they very seldom recover. I can't see many positive signs. The cup win isn't a measure of that IMO.

Happy to eat my words if he starts getting results but he isn't getting the best out of players.
Cup semi cup semi cup final cup final

That’s a great record, and third in the league on top of that. It would be daft to rip it on the basis of the last month, but there are alarm bells sounding.

The club was careful to put in place a set up in the past that gave departments autonomy, and continuity if one individual changed. We’ve ripped that up and gone for a different approach, and I can only see it ending one way, badly. There’s an awful lot being built up around an individual, I think that’s naive from the Americans.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
One of my questions about JR , is his continuation with macey who is still questionable IMO , and I’m not alone in this . Dabrowski signed an extension to the summer of 2023 , was that to have him sitting on the bench regardless of the form of Macey 🤷‍♂️ There are a few others in a similar position who he seems to stick with regardless 🤔
I realise the squad is weak but nevertheless ?

wills

New radge
I m a tad confused. Surely it’s the manager who final say on transfers. Is Mathie being made scapegoa?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
One of my questions about JR , is his continuation with macey who is still questionable IMO , and I’m not alone in this . Dabrowski signed an extension to the summer of 2023 , was that to have him sitting on the bench regardless of the form of Macey 🤷‍♂️ There are a few others in a similar position who he seems to stick with regardless 🤔
I realise the squad is weak but nevertheless ?
The squad is weak but

Dabrowski never gets a game
Campbell never got a game until all was lost against Celtic
Gullan gets so little time, he’d have been as well giving Josh O Connor the first team experience

There’s a narrative being pushed around recruitment, the academy, and I just don’t buy it.

Zab

Admin
It’s not as simple as saying should the manager be sacked. That might be the first part of the question, but the second part is who would replace him.

On the first part of the question, no I don’t think he should go. The time to assess will be after the derby: by then we’ll have played half a season and know where we’re sitting in the table, and may or may not have a trophy in the cabinet. That should determine any decision on the future of the manager, as should what he’s already achieved at the club and the disaster our transfer window in the summer.

The next part is also very important: who’s out there that could do a better a job. A usual suspect like Derek McInnes? Another Hecky style random English league manager? An ex Hibs player? Or just give it to Eddie May for the rest of the season? We cannot afford to get a mid-season appointment wrong, we got relegated the last time that happened.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
I m a tad confused. Surely it’s the manager who final say on transfers. Is Mathie being made scapegoa?
He may get the ‘final say’ but if he’s presented with shit options then that doesn’t mean much really.
He made it quite clear where he wanted to strengthen the team and it simply didn’t happen. He clearly wasn’t happy about that.
Hope that helps.
😉

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
He may get the ‘final say’ but if he’s presented with shit options then that doesn’t mean much really.
He made it quite clear where he wanted to strengthen the team and it simply didn’t happen. He clearly wasn’t happy about that.
Hope that helps.
😉
Did he submit a list of names to recruitment, that’s how it’s worked in the past?

If he gave them a a list that wasn’t achievable, then recruitment work their best to come up with alternatives. It’s worked well up until this window.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Speaking of yogi , 2 from 2 from a team who were bottom when he took over
Far better coach than he gets credit for in my opinion. I still maintain he would have turned it around here... certainly he'd have done a better job than that tit Calderwood did when he replaced him.

Getting aggressive to journalists and telling the fans their expectations were too high sealed it for him though.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Far better coach than he gets credit for in my opinion. I still maintain he would have turned it around here... certainly he'd have done a better job than that tit Calderwood did when he replaced him.

Getting aggressive to journalists and telling the fans their expectations were too high sealed it for him though.
Certain people just didny like his manner of speaking , ok by me though 🤪

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
me 3

* crap last window
* small squad now decimated by injuries and suspensions
* severe lack of attacking cover = only Nissie for a match or two
* Nissie blown a gasket :doh1: :

If we see a decent Jan window and a net increase in squad numbers, I might then give unqualified backing to JR.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Did he submit a list of names to recruitment, that’s how it’s worked in the past?

If he gave them a a list that wasn’t achievable, then recruitment work their best to come up with alternatives. It’s worked well up until this window.
No idea to be honest.
Whatever the methodology it hasn’t worked.
Jack’s obvious anger and Mathie’s removal points to where the problem may have been.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here