• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

In GOG we trust

dibo

Private Member
Reaction score
What a signing this guy has been , the work rate is unbelievable , just what we needed. The defence looks solid too .
A couple more signings and scotty back to the player we know . Game on

Looking forward to the test next week

With no Murphy I wonder if we'll go 3-5-2

Just for a nanosecond there I was reading this and thinking of Tony Mowbrays early days in 2004 or thereabouts....:unsure::read:

4-5-1 I reckon.

4-5-1 I reckon.

Me too, big day for Wright unless we see Nisbet used out wide?

Me too, big day for Wright unless we see Nisbet used out wide?

Was thinking Nisbet will go left but no sure how JR wants to tackle the game.

4-5-1 I reckon.
I hope not... we're useless with 1 up top. It's been proven time and time again. Doidgey needs a partner.

I hope not... we're useless with 1 up top. It's been proven time and time again. Doidgey needs a partner.

I'd agree with that. 3-5-2 would be my preferred option.

Jack Ross seems to favour 442, but he’s shown that he’s more than capable of being flexible with formations and personnel.

Against Rangers we’ll need 3 in the midfield, as a straight 442 would leave us too open. Murphy being ineligible means we’ll see at least one change.

What a signing this guy has been , the work rate is unbelievable , just what we needed. The defence looks solid too .
A couple more signings and scotty back to the player we know . Game on
I'm concerned that if gogic is injured or suspended we dont seem to have anyone to fill that role.

I'm concerned that if gogic is injured or suspended we dont seem to have anyone to fill that role.
Thought that at the time we signed him. Ross brought him to Hibs for a specific role in his team, so the problem is as you say that when he is unavailable (which will be quite a few times this season) we need someone else who can step in and do the same job. There should be no need to change he shape and disrupt the whole team just because one key player is unavailable. We saw how badly that affected us against Aberdeen.

I think there are at least 2 to come in before he window closes, probably on loan. I also think we will see about two go.

Anyone think Lewis could step back into midfield if needed?
He's such a strong hard working wee guy, we all know he's not a world beater but he's tactically sound and understands his positions.

Not the solution to any one problem, but I think he could do it.

Anyone think Lewis could step back into midfield if needed?
He's such a strong hard working wee guy, we all know he's not a world beater but he's tactically sound and understands his positions.

Not the solution to any one problem, but I think he could do it.

Hmm dunno. Wouldn't be gambling on that versus Rangers but maybe in league cup games to gauge his performance.

Hmm dunno. Wouldn't be gambling on that versus Rangers but maybe in league cup games to gauge his performance.

Obviously not thrown in against Hunco, but the discussion is if Gogic is out.
If we were missing him against a smaller club I'd definitely see how it played out.

Doubt its a consideration, think most folk forget how many positions he's actually played. He played in midfield for years before finally getting to settle at left back.

Obviously not thrown in against Hunco, but the discussion is if Gogic is out.
If we were missing him against a smaller club I'd definitely see how it played out.

Doubt its a consideration, think most folk forget how many positions he's actually played. He played in midfield for years before finally getting to settle at left back.

Was it cup final v Killie he played midfield?

Aye, got Man of the Match im sure.

Aye, got Man of the Match im sure.
He certainly did.

Was going to post something similar. I wonder if Porto could understudy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Lewis Stevenson not do a job in centre midfield some time ago at the Guntyville Bus Shelter. I'm probably tripping again on my fruit pastilles?

Aye, but im sure that was on the left instead of central.

Was going to post something similar. I wonder if Porto could understudy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure Porteous has the right attributes... he’s not a great passer or particularly dynamic, but Hanlon could do a job in midfield as a one off.

This thread has been viewed 2556 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50