• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

I'm hearing

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Adam Rooney.
My usual source :rascal:

Adam Rooney.
My usual source :rascal:
Agent Scotland? :giggle:

Agent Scotland? :giggle:

Barry I think his name was

Strange things can happen in football. Maybe Aberdeen have a player they want to bring in (Moult?) and need to sell Rooney to raise the cash and free up the wage.If Hibs can get Rooney for a small fee and a decent wage then I would be happy. Even happier if we can also secure Stokes as well.With Handling leaving then there certainly space in the squad for both.Murray, Big Dave, Stokes and Rooney would be some strike force to select from. Might need to move Graham on to cover costs but Shaw can provide cover.

Hours after the .net thread appeared.
1/10 :red:

Strange things can happen in football. Maybe Aberdeen have a player they want to bring in (Moult?) and need to sell Rooney to raise the cash and free up the wage.If Hibs can get Rooney for a small fee and a decent wage then I would be happy. Even happier if we can also secure Stokes as well.With Handling leaving then there certainly space in the squad for both.Murray, Big Dave, Stokes and Rooney would be some strike force to select from. Might need to move Graham on to cover costs but Shaw can provide cover.

Yeah seems a strange and random one to me for them to be willing to sell what's been their main striker to a realistic rival in the league unless I've missed something going on at Aberdeen! Can see graham moving on either way he just can't cut it and I think Lennon knows this and regrets signing him

Hours after the .net thread appeared.
1/10 :red:

.nets for fannys. 1/20:bye

Yeah seems a strange and random one to me for them to be willing to sell what's been their main striker to a realistic rival in the league unless I've missed something going on at Aberdeen! Can see graham moving on either way he just can't cut it and I think Lennon knows this and regrets signing him

McInnes, for whatever reason, hasn't trusty believed in Rooney as his first choice striker. Very strange in my eyes as Rooney is an excellent striker. But given he's signed the likes of Goodwillie, Stockley, Storey & Maynard - all of which have started ahead of Rooney in big games - tells me something is up. Their interest in Moult only adds to that.

I think he'd be great for Hibs.

Wouldn't want Rooney ahead of Stokes....

Heard this from a Dons fan earlier in the week, but I thought there's no way they'll flog him!

Me neither, but....if Stokes decides no tae sign, i`ll happily take him. :dali:

I would! I hoped we would sign him when he went to Aberdeen. I also think it's unlikely, but love in hope.

I would! I hoped we would sign him when he went to Aberdeen. I also think it's unlikely, but love in hope.

Unrequited love is hard :giggle:

What, in your mind, would Rooney bring that is superior to Stokes?

Och, I don't know, two words, John McGinn.

Och, I don't know, two words, Super John McGinn.

Point of order that's 3 words :rascal:

Don't say that's unrequited 1875. He loved you enough to deliver the Scottish Cup.

What, in your mind, would Rooney bring that is superior to Stokes?
Goals...and already match fit. Like everyone else, for me, Stokes will always be a Hibs' legend, but it took him a while to get going. I also worry that he has taken so long to make up his mind ( no doubt partly down to his agent, but he does have a mind of his own).

Goals...and already match fit. Like everyone else, for me, Stokes will always be a Hibs' legend, but it took him a while to get going. I also worry that he has taken so long to make up his mind ( no doubt partly down to his agent, but he does have a mind of his own).

Did it worry you that Roger took even longer to "make up his mind?"

Point of order that's 3 words :rascal:

Don't say that's unrequited 1875. He loved you enough to deliver the Scottish Cup.

Got me there! I just don't think I understand?

You are right about Stokes fitness. He has hardly played any competitive football since last years cup final. Assuming he signs he is going to take several matches for him to get up to full fitness and sharpness. Really hope the fans will give allowances for that.

Last edited:
You are right about Stokes fitness. He has hardly played any competitive football since last years cup final. Assuming he signs he is going to take sveral matches for him to get up to full fitness and sharpness. Really hope the fans will give allowances for that.

I think being on fire on a certain day will buy him more time than most anyone else in the squad.

Spot on I agree with all of the above
Stokes is quite rightly a true hibs legend but loads of papers are covering loads of cracks concerning this alleged transfer
Stokes was rather average in more games than he was good during his loan spell and we got a very very special performance from him on may 21 20016 which I will be forever grateful but he isn't half hoorin this latest move back to the hibs and he will take weeks to get up to speed
It's starting to feel like his agent is doing his job and using us a last resort or at least a starting point for other negotiations

This thread has been viewed 1911 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back