• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

If No Stokes.....

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
Then Lennon wants another forward and winger.

If Stokes then it's just Stokes.

I reckon we've set aside a bloody good wedge for him.

If we don't get him then there's a decent amount for a couple of decent players, probably up to speed who can make an immediate impact, of a better standard than the Leithuanians.

Between Stokes and Commons if they were both to join us I'd wager Commons will do the business first.

Long term I'd like us to go for Moult. Pay £300,000 or whatever the fee is and save one the wage that Stokes would command. A player like Moult could potentially be sold for a million plus a few years down the line. With Stokes your never getting that fee if he moves on again. If not Moult then Rooney.

I'd take 2 players over stokes

Sounds like hibs putting the onus back on Stokes. As much would like to see stokes sign, does sound like money is there for another quality player. Make your mind up time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Make a move for Moult or Rooney. League starts on Sat and the ginja ninja + young Shaw are our only fit through-the-middle strikers. Davy not quite there yet. Stokes if he comes may take ages to get back to peak form. This is questionable pre-season preparation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Make a move for Moult or Rooney. League starts on Sat and the ginja ninja + young Shaw are our only fit through-the-middle strikers. Davy not quite there yet. Stokes if he comes may take ages to get back to peak form. This is questionable pre-season preparation.

It's poor preparation indeed. Rest of the team looks ready and while we've scored lots against lower league opposition, the one game against a Premier side we didn't score. We've known for ages that we've needed strikers, so to go into the league campaign with only what we have at the moment is not giving ourselves the best chance. Especially, as I say, the rest of the squad looks in place.

We can't afford Moult and no chance Aberdeen let their best forward come here.

It's poor preparation indeed. Rest of the team looks ready and while we've scored lots against lower league opposition, the one game against a Premier side we didn't score. We've known for ages that we've needed strikers, so to go into the league campaign with only what we have at the moment is not giving ourselves the best chance. Especially, as I say, the rest of the squad looks in place.

We can't afford Moult and no chance Aberdeen let their best forward come here.

Lennon wants Stokes and I still think there is a strong possibility we will sign him. At the Working Together meeting last night Dempster made it clear that the manager is very happy with the squad he has, but he has prioritised Stokes as our main striker signing and was still hopefull of getting him. If this does not materialise there are other quality striker options which we will pursue. Still 4 weeks left of the transfer window and no club of our size will have completed all of it's transfer business before the start of the season. I still think there will be a couple more coming in even if Stokes does sign, with possibly one or two going out before close of play. IMO Hibs have done exceptionally well in the summer transfer window so far as we are a very well run and highly professional outfit. The players who have been brought in have been tracked and assessed for a long time. The only player we have missed out on this summer was Luke Berry. Sometimes it takes a while to get in the quality players in that you want.

Last edited:
How do you know the only player we have missed out on is Luke berry? Did we not want Lafferty?
Agree we have build a v good squad and had a good window so far

How do you know the only player we have missed out on is Luke berry? Did we not want Lafferty?

We only invited Lafferty for a chat.

Then Lennon wants another forward and winger.

If Stokes then it's just Stokes.

Make a move for Moult or Stephen Dobbie.

Dempster said this at the Working Together meeting last night.
As I said at the time Lafferty was not a long term target....if he was a target at all. Lennon just wanted to speak to him when he was up here talking with Hearts whom he had been in negotiations with for several weeks. It might have happened, but it didn't as Lafferty had already committed himself to Hearts. He didn't have the courtesy to contact the Hibs manager or his agent to cancel the meeting, he just didn't turn up.

The down side of this is that the fixture list - Huns away MAYBE excepted - gave us a decent chance of racking up lots of 3 points before we play the other Top 5 contenders. We'll need quality finishing to do that though.

Murray is still scoring goals though.
He's proven that if given the chance he'll make a serious attempt or score.

I don't think we should be super worried up top. As long as the rest of the team do their job, he looks likely to do his.

We obviously need more, but in the short term we're okay.

Murray is still scoring goals though.
He's proven that if given the chance he'll make a serious attempt or score.

I don't think we should be super worried up top. As long as the rest of the team do their job, he looks likely to do his.

We obviously need more, but in the short term we're okay.

I agree mate Murray is scoring goals but he hasn't at SPL level, although I really hope he does. He still will need somebody up with him and if Stokes doesn't give us his answer ASAP then I would move for Stephen Dobbie if Moult is out of our price range.

I agree mate Murray is scoring goals but he hasn't at SPL level, although I really hope he does. He still will need somebody up with him and if Stokes doesn't give us his answer ASAP then I would move for Stephen Dobbie if Moult is out of our price range.

THE Stephen Dobbie?

How old is he?

THE Stephen Dobbie?

How old is he?

And commuting from Lytham St Anne's to Dumfries. He has no intention of relocating to Scotland and is playing for QoS as his swansong...

THE Stephen Dobbie?

How old is he?

And when did he score loads at spl level ?

And when did he score loads at spl level ?

Fair point Daz, still looks in great shape and knows us.

Fair point Daz, still looks in great shape and knows us.

Reckon we should be looking for someone younger

Reckon we should be looking for someone younger

I would go for Moult, but who is a winger?

I would go for Moult, but who is a winger?

No sure to be honest but Simon Murray was a player i rated at Utd , i think he'll surprise some people this season

If no stokes then I reckon it will be someone we don't know, don't think it will be a current premiership player it'll be another player from somewhere in Europe, similar to the two Leithuanians

No sure to be honest but Simon Murray was a player i rated at Utd , i think he'll surprise some people this season

Hope so mate.

- - - Updated - - -

NL said the deadline was yesterday so what has changed?

Hope so mate.

- - - Updated - - -

He never said that.

He said he wanted or hope to have it done before the board meeting.

Hope so mate.

- - - Updated - - -

He never said that?

Hope so mate.

- - - Updated - - -

The word "deadline" was not used.

I know a few would love us to splash the cash on Louis Moult (myself included), but Liam Boyce should be a cautionary tale - £500K spent but Burton and he's picked up a season ending injury before a competitive ball has been kicked. That can happen to any player, but after such an investment it would be a disaster for us (same goes for throwing too much money st Stokes).

Thats Sky Sports just saying Stokes has signed for us.

Thats Sky Sports just saying Stokes has signed for us.

Like, wow, it finally seems to have gone through! K Millar 'confirming' on twister! #Wowitactuallyhappened

Dempster said this at the Working Together meeting last night.
As I said at the time Lafferty was not a long term target....if he was a target at all. Lennon just wanted to speak to him when he was up here talking with Hearts whom he had been in negotiations with for several weeks. It might have happened, but it didn't as Lafferty had already committed himself to Hearts. He didn't have the courtesy to contact the Hibs manager or his agent to cancel the meeting, he just didn't turn up.

Thanks for that. If stokes does sign it's been a fantastic window. Triple glazed

Lennon confirms Stokes on the radio

Hendo Hendo Hendo

We are getting the band back together

Thanks for that. If stokes does sign it's been a fantastic window. Triple glazed

Actually, thinking back again to the meeting on Monday night I'm not sure now that she did actually say that Berry was the only target we had missed out on. She is so quiet spoken I sometimes have a job making out what she is saying. I think it could have been something like Berry was the one deal we thought was in the bag but it all fell through late on. To be honest I would tend to agree with you, I would be surprised if Berry was the only target we had missed out on.

Lewis Morgan would be a great signing as a winger.

Have St M not already turned down bids from down south? Guess it depends how much is left of the budget. Wages and signing on fees will
Likely be fairly chunky

Have St M not already turned down bids from down south? Guess it depends how much is left of the budget. Wages and signing on fees will
Likely be fairly chunky

Definitely rejected bids in January, 200k.
No idea about this window though.

Didn't he start out as a central midfielder for Hunco though, has he been playing as a winger? I've always thought he was through the middle... Not that I pay too much attention.

What about Alan Forrest at Ayr?

I know he's not a name or Premiership proven, but he's a good wee player who already has 150 odd appearances for them. Still young enough to get better and stronger, can play both wings.

I think maybe we've stretched our budget now this season, but I still feel like we're short a winger or 2.

Likely be fairly chunky

Suppose it will depend on SJM being sold, just remember him tearing us apart at ER.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Alan Forrest at Ayr?

I know he's not a name or Premiership proven, but he's a good wee player who already has 150 odd appearances for them. Still young enough to get better and stronger, can play both wings.

I think maybe we've stretched our budget now this season, but I still feel like we're short a winger or 2.

Great shout mate.

No further business in the transfer market expected in this window. On the Stokes announcement.

Commons still to come ? Would think it would be pay as you play deal .
Stokes likes to drift out the left wing I wonder that's where lennon sees him

This thread has been viewed 2547 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50