If it wasn't for Hibs....

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

ILHTD

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I would never watch any football match. In fact football and footballers just annoy me. Overpaid cheats most of them. Diving encouraged by pundits, the slightest wee touch and they're throwing themselves to the ground, embarrassing.
Is football still important to you?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Not like it used to be.

Since Covid I've maybe only watched a handful of games that aren't Hibs or Scotland.

Used to watch everything that was on, didn't matter who or where.

Reactions: Zab

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
I still love the game of football, so if Hibs were not around I would still be watching it. Just would never support any other team.
At it's best it is still an exhilirating experience to watch. I love watching great players doing their stuff and even if that's for a team I don't care for I can still appreciate it.

I do agree in general though with the opening post. Footballers annoy me, especially at the top end of the game. The English Premiership in particular is quite a revolting circus act. A club like Man City...a fairly average local club for over a century with strong local connections, is now just a play thing for a middle east mega rich nation. They are the richest club in the world and yet we are supposed to fawn over them when they win the league every year. Through nothing more than a massive stroke of financial good fortune they have became incredibly successful.

It's the rules of the game now though which are turning me off big time. Penalties are given for nothing now, players diving all over the shop, referees are scrutinised endlessly on the media for mistakes. VAR is seen as some sort of advance when in reality it is a sop to the armchair Sky Sports watching "experts" and has caused just as many problems as it has apparently solved. Money dished out like water to players and agents whilst so many in this country and abroad are still living in poverty.

Social media, the Bosman ruling, and Sky Sports have done much to damage the game in my opinion.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
The EPL gives me the boak especially.
That pic doing the rounds last week of the home fans taking photos of the away players after scoring says it all.

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
The last time I changed my plans and watched a game right through was a tea time kick off Portsmouth v Arsenal cup game. Arsenal were brilliant that night.
World Cup and Euros i'll watch but so called Champions League is very boring, last memorable final was Gerrard.

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I still love the game of football, so if Hibs were not around I would still be watching it. Just would never support any other team.
At it's best it is still an exhilirating experience to watch. I love watching great players doing their stuff and even if that's for a team I don't care for I can still appreciate it.

I do agree in general though with the opening post. Footballers annoy me, especially at the top end of the game. The English Premiership in particular is quite a revolting circus act. A club like Man City...a fairly average local club for over a century with strong local connections, is now just a play thing for a middle east mega rich nation. They are the richest club in the world and yet we are supposed to fawn over them when they win the league every year. Through nothing more than a massive stroke of financial good fortune they have became incredibly successful.

It's the rules of the game now though which are turning me off big time. Penalties are given for nothing now, players diving all over the shop, referees are scrutinised endlessly on the media for mistakes. VAR is seen as some sort of advance when in reality it is a sop to the armchair Sky Sports watching "experts" and has caused just as many problems as it has apparently solved. Money dished out like water to players and agents whilst so many in this country and abroad are still living in poverty.

Social media, the Bosman ruling, and Sky Sports have done much to damage the game in my opinion.
👏 👏👏👏👏👏

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here