• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

HOME PROGRAMMES

fieryjack

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'
Private Member
Reaction score
Are there any plans to start selling programmes before the game again rather than the utterly nonsense approach of having to buy them online after the game?

Are there any plans to start selling programmes before the game again rather than the utterly nonsense approach of having to buy them online after the game?
I’d guess no. Free to download though?

Can you not still order the hard copy online these days?

Can you not still order the hard copy online these days?
Yes from here

Yes from here
Not too bad if you're getting a few I guess.

The end of match day programmes announced today in favour of a quarterly magazine.

The end of match day programmes announced today in favour of a quarterly magazine.
Struggling to understand this.

a 100 page magazine? That’s a massive undertaking and a lot of quality content to produce. Who is going to buy and and at what cost? My first instinct is that it would need to be £10 a copy and circulation will be less than a typical programme. Well we will see.

a lot of time and effort going into podcasts and TikTok’s. Maybe I’m wrong on this but that’s not the demographic that buys full price season tickets.

I hope I’m wrong, and I understand the fiscal reasons regarding programmes but it’s not really reading the room I fear.

And we’re not really going to stop producing programmes mid season?

And we’re not really going to stop producing programmes mid season?

They'll still be online I'm guessing? 🤷‍♂️

Struggling to understand this.

a 100 page magazine? That’s a massive undertaking and a lot of quality content to produce. Who is going to buy and and at what cost? My first instinct is that it would need to be £10 a copy and circulation will be less than a typical programme. Well we will see.

a lot of time and effort going into podcasts and TikTok’s. Maybe I’m wrong on this but that’s not the demographic that buys full price season tickets.

I hope I’m wrong, and I understand the fiscal reasons regarding programmes but it’s not really reading the room I fear.
Matchday programmes are a dying breed, as as stated - content is all online now. No doubt its a financial decision and we can't make much money from them. I think online is the way, as it is with most things.

That being said.....

There is something intrinsically football about buying a programme, especially for milestones, winning a big game, first match with your kid etc etc and it's sad that's being taken away.

Also, I love tech, the newest stuff, gimme it (I have a smart fridge ffs) - but when it comes to reading it's different. I like having an actual book to read in proper form. Got a kindle and hated it..... nothing beats having the words on paper in front of you.

I wish they would do an extremely pared down limited run of matchday programmes at the game. For the ones who want to mark the occasion.

I think it is a crazy thing to do. I wonder if Ron has considered upping the price of a ST by £50 -£60 a and include a 'free' programme at the turnstile?
It would be a money spinner in my eyes.....

I think it is a crazy thing to do. I wonder if Ron has considered upping the price of a ST by £50 -£60 a and include a 'free' programme at the turnstile?
It would be a money spinner in my eyes.....
I guess the problem with that would be that there would be some people who don't buy programmes and wouldn't be happy about the rise. Maybe if i was an option when buying a ST, and you have your card scanned to pick one up?

I guess the problem with that would be that there would be some people who don't buy programmes and wouldn't be happy about the rise. Maybe if i was an option when buying a ST, and you have your card scanned to pick one up?

I never read them when I bought them. If they dinnae make money and are of novelty value only, I get where the club are coming from.

I never read them when I bought them. If they dinnae make money and are of novelty value only, I get where the club are coming from.
This is worth a read imho:

A bit consultation would be nice now and again. The Americans are making Farmer and Petrie look like consultation experts.

Used to collect them. I've got like 2 or 3 full seasons and some other random ones in the Attic.

Now I couldnt care less about buying one. Its 3 quid for stories I could read on my phone for free.

So I went to download the podcast….

but it’s not available on apple podcasts, just Spotify and YouTube. That means listening to it when I’ve got a WiFi connection for me. The club is deciding what content I can consume, and how I can consume it. Not convinced that’s a great idea.

ergo I probably won’t bother.

but we’ve ditched the programme because it wasn’t financially viable, and replaced it with free podcasts and TikTok videos, that presumably have a cost implication and zero revenue. What is the rationale behind that one?

I just don't understand it Bobby. I think a bit of consultation and feedback from the fans is the least we should have expected here IMO.
I look at my phone for loads of things but never looked online at any of the digital programmes.
Still buying books and CDs by the bucket load and never digitally.....I like to touch things for my money.....DON'T EVEN GO THERE, SHRINK!

This thread has been viewed 1615 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50