• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Highest Score.

x113

New radge
Reaction score
Hibs 15 Peebles Rover 1. Was there as a kid. 11/2/1961. Big pool of water at the bottom of the famous slope. Game was in doubt but went ahead with water draining away. Joe Baker scoring 9 goals that day.

1960-61-Scottish-CupHibernian-v-Peebles-Rovers-1.jpg

Baker_1-1.png

BIG G

Highest scoring game I have ever been to was 9-2 in a League Cup tie against St Johnstone when I was 11 in 1976 which was Pat Stanton's final appearance in a Hibs jersey.

Saw Hibs score 9 against Rosenburg as well a couple of years before that.

Unfortunately I missed the Montrose League Cup game around 2005 which we won 9-1.

Last edited:
I recall an 8-1 game at ER V Killie im sure. Early 80’s?

I recall an 8-1 game at ER V Killie im sure. Early 80’s?
Yep. 1983 it was.
Even Jackie Mac scored that day.

Highest I've been at was a 7-0 home win v Livi early 15 ish tears ago

I think the highest score in our favour I've seen at ER was when we beat Malmo 6-0 in 1970 and the highest score against us I've seen at ER was against Malmo when they beat us 0-7

I was at the Rosenberg and St Johnstone games mentioned above. And much more recently, 8-1 v Bonnyrigg Rose.

I think the highest score in our favour I've seen at ER was when we beat Malmo 6-0 in 1970 and the highest score against us I've seen at ER was against Malmo when they beat us 0-7
There isn't a like icon for a sad, ironic, wistful, ain't-that-just-the -truth kind of half-grimace, but if there was...

I was at Rosenburg, St Johnstone and Bonnyrigg Rose. Glad I wasn't at 'that' 6-6 game! Bad enough hearing it on the radio.

A long forgotten fact about that 6:6 game is that Motherwell missed a penalty at 5:6

It was actually well saved which is ironic given all the mayhem and blunders in that last 25 minutes.

It didn't feel like it at the time but it was historically quite a significant game to attend that night.

A long forgotten fact about that 6:6 game is that Motherwell missed a penalty at 5:6

It was actually well saved which is ironic given all the mayhem and blunders in that last 25 minutes.

It didn't feel like it at the time but it was historically quite a significant game to attend that night.
On the subject of “highest score” Sammy and as someone who certainly knows his way around the fandango, what’s the most amount of different birds you’ve rattled in one day whether that be from Swingers events or Shagaluf back in your prime.

Highest scoring game I have ever been to was 9-2 in a League Cup tie against St Johnstone when I was 11 in 1976 which was Pat Stanton's final appearance in a Hibs jersey.

Saw Hibs score 9 against Rosenburg as well as couple year before that.

Unfortunately I missed the Montrose League Cup game around 2005 which we won 9-1.

Was at the Saints game, but not Rosenberg or Montrose. I do know the date of the Montrose game though, September 23rd, as its my wifes brithday and the reason I missed the game.

On the subject of “highest score” Sammy and as someone who certainly knows his way around the fandango, what’s the most amount of different birds you’ve rattled in one day whether that be from Swingers events or Shagaluf back in your prime.

"Back".? "Back" ? " Fkn Back" ?.

The reigning holder of the Shagaluf "Yellow Jersey" I will have you know.?.

"Back".? "Back" ? " Fkn Back" ?.

The reigning holder of the Shagaluf "Yellow Jersey" I will have you know.?.

Is that an STD clinic thing?

I've been to Hibs games that have ended 1:1, 2:2, 4:4, 5:5 and 6:6. I can't recall a 3:3 though. Can anyone put me right as I want the full house. ,?

I've been to Hibs games that have ended 1:1, 2:2, 4:4, 5:5 and 6:6. I can't recall a 3:3 though. Can anyone put me right as I want the full house. ,?
Were you not at this John.

BIG G

Dundee Utd in league cup at ER around 2014 lost on penalties, also a 3-3 at Tannadice early 80s

My brother missed all 5 Hibs goals in the 5-5 draw with rangers although was at the game

There' not been many and I am struggling a bit myself to bring any to mind.

Going back into the mists of time I can recall the following;

We drew 3-3 with Dundee United at Tannadice in 1983.

Also, 3-3 draw with Dundee in 1974 in a Scottish cup tie at Easter Road with an Alan Gordon hat-trick....we lost the replay 3-0 at Dens Park.

ive aseen some abject hibs teams and performances in the last 40years.... and that game is filed under "disgusted".

I was furious that night. They shamed our famous greenjersey.

Were you not at this John.

BIG G
Might have been, don't recall it. Mind you, those were the turbo shandy years. ?

The very first game I saw was Hibs v Celtic in 1958 and it ended 3-3.

Just checked and it was 1959!

ive aseen some abject hibs teams and performances in the last 40years.... and that game is filed under "disgusted".

I was furious that night. They shamed our famous greenjersey.
The rousing rendition of Sunshine on Leith at the start was better than the traffic cone performance.

I recall a three all draw with the Pars at East End. Late 80’s, possibly first game of the season?

I recall a three all draw with the Pars at East End. Late 80’s, possibly first game of the season?
Good shout.
A cracking game on a nice warm, sunny afternoon.

can remember listening to the Rosenberg game while in hospital. a nurse let me listen to her radio. Was children's ward in leith hospital. biggest I've been to so far as I remember was airdrie 8 Montrose 2, last game of season before they won promotion the next year with sandy Clark captaining them.

there was the season with the cup games against celtic..4-3 and 4-4 games, was only at the latter.

8-1 pumping of Ayr was one of my first few games I attended back in the 70s. Probably thought this footy larks a piece of piss, Hibs will conquer all before them.

8-1 pumping of Ayr was one of my first few games I attended back in the 70s. Probably thought this footy larks a piece of piss, Hibs will conquer all before them.
Ally McLeod, who was Ayr United's manager at that time, compared Hibs to Real Madrid after the match.

I remember this game for several reasons.
First and foremost it was my five year old son Shauns first every game.
Secondly while walking across the park with said child at hand, being stopped by two arsehole policemen asking if I was a Hibs Casual.
Thirdly it sticks in my mind that this was young Ian Murrays (not that one) first Hibs game too.
Sunny, entertaining, first day of the season.

BIG G

I was at the game. I was always to the big east terracing but that day I mind watching on from the north enclosure under the main stand.

I was at the game. I was always to the big east terracing but that day I mind watching on from the north enclosure under the main stand.
That's where I watched the Tornadoes from.

There' not been many and I am struggling a bit myself to bring any to mind.

Going back into the mists of time I can recall the following;

We drew 3-3 with Dundee United at Tannadice in 1983.

Also, 3-3 draw with Dundee in 1974 in a Scottish cup tie at Easter Road with an Alan Gordon hat-trick....we lost the replay 3-0 at Dens Park.
We beat Kilmarnock 8-1 the week after the Dundee United away 3-3. IIRC Pat Stanton in his programme notes (v Celtic lost 0-3) attributed our Kilmarnock scoreline to the confidence from scoring 3 away to a then very good Dundee United.

Sartorially dressed Weehibbydrew and 1875 taking in the game.

150187946_4025763344101212_3779486059913913134_n.jpg

BIG G

View attachment 4453

BIG G
And where are the "OLDS" then?

View attachment 4453

BIG G
Loved how all the gadgies wore ties all the time, only weddings funerals these days.

Loved how all the gadgies wore ties all the time, only weddings funerals these days.
screw that billy..... the 3rd reich liked a tie tae itsel tae!... and can ye imagine @Jamie romping up wi a shirt and tie tae fix yer pipes? We are talking +15% on all services rendered.....:deal:

screw that billy..... the 3rd reich liked a tie tae itsel tae!... and can ye imagine @Jamie romping up wi a shirt and tie tae fix yer pipes? We are talking +15% on all services rendered.....:deal:
I’d tell him dinnae gi me any o yer pish and tae get knotted ?

Hibs 9 - 0 Montrose Cis League Cup game 2003/04

View attachment 4453

BIG G
Nothing to do with high scores but I was doing a close up of that photo and if you zoom in just after NEWS it looks like a big badgers ? heid draped over the side. There also seems to be a chap in robes and a wee white hat walking up the stairs heading away from the pitch.
I’ ve no been drinking honest I just gave alcohol up yesterday for Lent (unless I’m having withdrawal symptoms already)??????????

This thread has been viewed 4157 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back