• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup Final

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
It is, come on Hibs let’s get revenge for the last semi final and get fucking into them!!

Hard game but I'd take a shot at St Johnstone to win the Scottish Cup any fuckin day of the week keeeeeman

Nothing to fear imo. We are better, we need to mentally be.

Just play well Hibs

Please remember it's St Johnstone we are playing not Manchester City.😉

Past form and results mean nothing.

GGTTH.

I believe. GGTTH

Never had any doubt at any time this season that Hibs will win the Scottish Cup.

2pm ko

Zero fear from me. The players will be well up for it and if we can play the way we know we can, put in a performance I fancy us to get it right.

Great chance and looking forward to it already. GGTTH!

Hibs are by far a better team especially in attack, if we play as good as we can we will win, stay switched on in defence, no silly mistakes. My concern is keeping everyone fit and healthy, big game on Wednesday, if we come through it unscathed and hopefully secure 3rd, I would rotate a bit for the Celtic match.

Hibs are by far a better team especially in attack, if we play as good as we can we will win, stay switched on in defence, no silly mistakes. My concern is keeping everyone fit and healthy, big game on Wednesday, if we come through it unscathed and hopefully secure 3rd, I would rotate a bit for the Celtic match.

Beat the sheep then play the younger ones against Celtic.

Get the mentality right we should do it.

The build up to this game is going to revolve around St. Johnstone and the potential cup double, I’m already sick of hearing about it and that was before today. That could work to our advantage, go about things quietly and probably neutrals hoping they win.
If JR can get the tactics right and the players perform as they can we will win. Surely we must learn from where we have went wrong against them so far this season. We are due them one, what a time to do it.

Must admit I fear Spoonie. Will be looking to get one over on us. Especially the boo boys.

It’s St J v Hibs, so our away record will see us through.

I hope we're practising defending set pieces. St Johnstone will think they have this in the bag already based on previous performances. We need to go out there on May 22nd and show we want this more.

Must admit I fear Spoonie. Will be looking to get one over on us. Especially the boo boys.

More worried about Middleton.

Agree.Almost every player got rid off by Hibs has shone at St. Johnstone and come back to haunt us!
However It can't continue and can they really complete a cup double?

He is a wee fat hun, fuck him.

Played well today when he came on. Scored one and assisted another.

Agree.Almost every player got rid off by Hibs has shone at St. Johnstone and come back to haunt us!
However It can't continue and can they really complete a cup double?

Can't see why not. One off game anyone can win.

Can't see why not. One off game anyone can win.
I know that.I was trying to look for some positivity!

Played well today when he came on. Scored one and assisted another.

Hopefully, Porto won’t give him an assist

Please remember it's St Johnstone we are playing not Manchester City.😉

Past form and results mean nothing.

GGTTH.

Could you not jst have cliche'd it a bit more and said "The form book goes out the window"

Beat the sheep then play the younger ones against Celtic.
My concern is that concentration levels against the sheep might ot be what they should be. Players with one eye on the final wouldnt be a real surprise.

It’s St J v Hibs, so our away record will see us through.
It's Hibs V St Johnstone. We're doomed.

Wish folk would see more positives than worry about the opposition and what they offer ffs. Our front 3 are bang at it this season as stats show with the goals/assists. For me the LC SF we had enough chances to be 2/3 up before StJ scored.

The media are building Saints up with their double quest and neutrals would love to see it happen. I know JR and the boys will go about their business as normal with a determination to go and prove any doubters wrong. We are 3rd for a reason aye? 3 games remaining of the season cup final included. They have my backing to go and do the business we are after.

For all the pessimistic half pinters, sceptical, worrying, doubting, shit feart of their own fucking shadows folk, a song for you all......hum it every time you feel your bottle is about to crash regarding the Final and remember that poor bastards who first did so 100 years ago were going to certain carnage, untold slaughter and highly probable death.
We are not, it's a fitba match that we are certainly going win in my opinion. If we don't.....get over it, there are worse things that will happen in all our lifes.

BIG G

Could you not jst have cliche'd it a bit more and said "The form book goes out the window"
It’s a game of two halves.
Keep a clean sheet and we only need a goal
No easy games at this level
It’s a funny old game
Anything can happen

If we get the first goal, we'll win. I'm catiously optimistic.

Wish folk would see more positives than worry about the opposition and what they offer ffs. Our front 3 are bang at it this season as stats show with the goals/assists. For me the LC SF we had enough chances to be 2/3 up before StJ scored.

The media are building Saints up with their double quest and neutrals would love to see it happen. I know JR and the boys will go about their business as normal with a determination to go and prove any doubters wrong. We are 3rd for a reason aye? 3 games remaining of the season cup final included. They have my backing to go and do the business we are after.
In fact, I’m glad the press are focussing on their attempt to win two cups. Takes the pressure off us and less of the microscope

Just play well Hibs
Don't care how they play just win!

That's the positivity I was looking for.Cheers!

In fact, I’m glad the press are focussing on their attempt to win two cups. Takes the pressure off us and less of the microscope
My thoughts exactly mate. Suits us to a tee 😀

It's Hibs V St Johnstone. We're doomed.
:9:
It feckin isnae!

I'm glad we are playing St Johnstone.

In five attempts this season we have managed only one win against them, and that courtesy of a dodgy last minute penalty. They have beaten us the other three times and we have drawn once. This means we know how tough the final is going to be and we are well overdue a win against them. If it had been St Mirren we would have been strong favourites and I always think that works against us in these sort of games.

There really is not much if anything between the two teams, and it is a very difficult game to predict. Hope we are as near to full strength as we can be, because IMO we will need to be. They will fancy their chances as much as we will, but as others have said it will be interesting to see how they cope with the pressure and the hype of being one game away from a double cup winning season.

We have a real chance, and I would be delighted if we won. I will get over it fairly quickly though if we don't.

Huge game on Wednesday night at Aberdeen, and my worry is we are going to be so focussed on the cup we are going to allow Aberdeen to pip us for third . Really hope we can get at least a draw up there.

Last edited:
Fuck being worried by Spoony or any other players. I think Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge should put the fear in to them.

Fuck being worried by Spoony or any other players. I think Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge should put the fear in to them.
Agreed. Because of our poor recent record against them, easy to fall into the trap of worrying about their players but we have strengths of our own. Still think it’s in our hands. We turn up for this and we can win. Simple as that. But, I’m glad like someone mentioned above, that a lot of the focus is on them winning two cups. It puts some pressure on them and alleviates all the focus being on us

Spoony left us eight years ago and in 16 transfer windows since then I haven't seen a single post saying "we should be signing the lad Wotherspoon from St Johnstone". Liam Craig still makes me feel really quite ill at the very sight of him. Drey Wright gets pelters on here and elsewhere and the lad Danny whose second name I've forgotten never really made much of an impact. There's not a chance St Johnstone are better than us. Freak sequences of results happen in fitba but the difference in quality will always show through in the end. Just need to turn up and play as a team and we'll give them a hounding.

This thread has been viewed 10462 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back