• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup Final

Can anyone confirm the game will be on BBC? Can’t find confirmation anywhere
It is mate. 100%.

It is mate. 100%.

Aye for sponsorship I think we're all advertising it as a premier game, but its definitely on BBC

281F192E-A953-4021-B559-1E0D68426F70.png

Let’s hope the bookies are right

The Pittodrie thing is a complete non-starter IMO.

Surely the bigger stadia the better, get as many in as possible..... mind you this is the SFA so they will probably look at cappielow
Don't understand the logic in having the game at Pittodrie. So let's have thousands of fans from both Edinburgh and Perth travel all the way up to Aberdeen. If it's not played at Hampden then surely Murrayfield has to be the sensible option? I know we'll be able to travel more freely soon but having thousands of people, many of whom won't have been vaccinated doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A bigger stadium would mean all the Hibs and Saintees season ticket holders should be able to make use of the space in the ground. We won't be able to have sellout grounds for a while.

Don't understand the logic in having the game at Pittodrie. So let's have thousands of fans from both Edinburgh and Perth travel all the way up to Aberdeen. If it's not played at Hampden then surely Murrayfield has to be the sensible option? I know we'll be able to travel more freely soon but having thousands of people, many of whom won't have been vaccinated doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A bigger stadium would mean all the Hibs and Saintees season ticket holders should be able to make use of the space in the ground. We won't be able to have sellout grounds for a while.
I agree that Murrayfield seems the sensible option. However, we are dealing with the West of Scotland FA here, who were desperate to keep Hampden through narrow minded parochialism as national stadium and if they'd let slip a final going out of Glasgow they'd also have to start looking at why most refs come from the west of Scotland too, and all the bias that entails.

They're still working out which end of Murrayfield is the Celtic end and which is the Rangers end, going 'does not compute, does not compute'.

Scottish Cup Finals are played at Hampden Park. If it isn't safe for the supporters to go there, I can't see how it can be safe for them to go to Pittodrie. Furthermore, I don't see what it has to do with Aberdeen and they shouldn't be sticking their noses into it.

What would be fair would be using a stadium that can safely accommodate all this season's ST holders from Hibs and St Johnstone with adequate safe distancing between them. The only such stadium in Scotland is Murrayfield.

It's Hampden for tradition (which actually means Glasgow FA bias) or Murrayfield for logic and common sense (neither of which concepts find any place in the mindset of any member of the SFA). Actually, I'd rather have it at Hampden; it just feels wrong for the game to be played elsewhere.

(Actually in some ways it would make more sense to hold it at Livingston than Pittodrie - it's roughly mid-way between Perth and Edinburgh.)

I agree that Murrayfield seems the sensible option. However, we are dealing with the West of Scotland FA here, who were desperate to keep Hampden through narrow minded parochialism as national stadium and if they'd let slip a final going out of Glasgow they'd also have to start looking at why most refs come from the west of Scotland too, and all the bias that entails.

They're still working out which end of Murrayfield is the Celtic end and which is the Huns end, going 'does not compute, does not compute'.
SFA short sighted narrow minded plum duffs

It is mate. 100%.
Thanks pal.

SFA short sighted narrow minded plum duffs
Piss up and brewery spring to mind

The Scottish Cup final shouldnae be played at Aberdeens' ground.

Its a shit hole. If its got to the stage where Aberdeen is the only place it can be staged - thats a ridder for scottish fitba. Players dinnae get the chance tae win the cup at the national stadium, so that a few hundred fans can get in? nah

We'd all go anywhere tae see the Hibs lift the old lady.... but that wasnae my point

The Scottish Cup final shouldnae be played at Aberdeens' ground.

Its a shit hole. If its got to the stage where Aberdeen is the only place it can be staged - thats a ridder for scottish fitba. Players dinnae get the chance tae win the cup at the national stadium, so that a few hundred fans can get in? nah

We'd all go anywhere tae see the Hibs lift the old lady.... but that wasnae my point
It's not up to us though so if it's staged in Aberdeen and I get a ticket I'm all for it

It's not up to us though so if it's staged in Aberdeen and I get a ticket I'm all for it
I understand that you and along with 30,000 others would jump at the chance to attend a Scottish Cup Final to see the Hibs.

That doesnae change anything. It shouldnae be staged at Aberdeens ground. Its the Scottish Cup final. The second oldest football final, and the oldest fitba trophy in the world.

I understand that you and along with 30,000 others would jump at the chance to attend a Scottish Cup Final to see the Hibs.

That doesnae change anything. It shouldnae be staged at Aberdeens ground. Its the Scottish Cup final. The second oldest football final, and the oldest fitba trophy in the world.

I agree.

While making the journey and getting to see it sounds great.
It should be played in the big ground on the big pitch.
Nicer pitch too.

Only 8 working days to organise the venue, amount of supporters allowed, who would be eligible to get a ticket, getting the tickets printed and dispersed etc. Looks a bit tight to me but hopefully doable.

Only the headings are similar. The content is very different. I reckon I just give up my pre and post match threads, written every game to stimulate discussion on an often dead website and let you and others do it.
Please don't I think they are fantastic.

The pre match is always considered and thoughtful and most certainly gets us thinking and discussing the the game.

The post match report is always balanced and informative.

for someone who lives in the south of England this is the only place i can really get to discuss Hibs with people who are knowledgeable and care about Hibs

Please don't stop.

Should it be played at Pittodrie, no!! Would I go if I could get a ticket, absolutely and credit to Aberdeen for making the offer.

I would bet my house that if either of the Arse Cheeks were in the Final fans would be in attendance.

It should not come down to whether it is cost effective to move it somewhere else. It is the showpiece to the season and supporters of both clubs should be allowed to attend (socially distant).

Wembley is free on the 22nd!!

Please don't I think they are fantastic.

The pre match is always considered and thoughtful and most certainly gets us thinking and discussing the the game.

The post match report is always balanced and informative.

for someone who lives in the south of England this is the only place i can really get to discuss Hibs with people who are knowledgeable and care about Hibs

Please don't stop.
I’m ina similar position, great to have this to discuss Hibs. Down here, the only football that exists is the premier league which is fair enough but their arrogant view of anything else means not many to chat with about hibs

If I was St J, I'd want it played at Easter Road!

I’m ina similar position, great to have this to discuss Hibs. Down here, the only football that exists is the premier league which is fair enough but their arrogant view of anything else means not many to chat with about hibs
I've got absolutely no interest in the EPL. Never watch it, very rarely watch MOTD. I'd rather watch the national league games on the tellybox.
My local team's Torquay United which I've been to a few times but there's only one team for me so if I go and watch anybody else I never feel the same attachment that I do when I come up the road

I read that the Chief Clinical Officer bloke has said that the Cup Final can have spectators as long as it isn't at Hampden? I've seen a discussion already about having it moved, but why would he say that? Hampden is cavernous! Unless he's worried about the public transport or summat?

EDIT: Is it to do with the Euros?

I read that the Chief Clinical Officer bloke has said that the Cup Final can have spectators as long as it isn't at Hampden? I've seen a discussion already about having it moved, but why would he say that? Hampden is cavernous! Unless he's worried about the public transport or summat?

EDIT: Is it to do with the Euros?

Yeah it was because of the Euros.

At least the SFA have asked the question now:

I've got absolutely no interest in the EPL. Never watch it, very rarely watch MOTD. I'd rather watch the national league games on the tellybox.
My local team's Torquay United which I've been to a few times but there's only one team for me so if I go and watch anybody else I never feel the same attachment that I do when I come up the road
Exactly my thought mate. It’s overpriced and overhyped. Yeah, we all know any premier league team would give us a spanking and the standard is higher but it’s soulless. Give me Scottish fitba any day

Yeah it was because of the Euros.

At least the SFA have asked the question now:

And why didn’t the SFA ask the question much earlier than 10 days before the Cup Final!

And why didn’t the SFA ask the question much earlier than 10 days before the Cup Final!
Probably shellshocked and in mourning that the gruesome twosome didn’t even make the semis

Maybe they needed the announcement of dropping down to Level 2 first? As it stands right now, if the SFA are as serious as they say they are - when they say that they want fans back in stadiums asap - then they've got to pull out the stops to get Murrayfield, Celtic Park, or Pittodrie. Or any other suitable venue.

I'll know I won't get to go, but I want as many of you lot as much as possible.

Because they don't really care if it's not the bigot brothers and it's taken this long for the pressure to build to the point where they have to act. Handy for them it's probably too late now to organise ticketing etc and they'll just be hoping UEFA say no and can be painted as the bad guys.

Bring on the ballot!

Fans allowed

Bring on the ballot!

Fans allowed
interesting www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57073714

"Hundreds rather than thousands" whats the point of that ???

Great that at least some will get in. They should restrict it to HSL members to make it fair.

:coffee1:

Praying I get a ticket.

Theres gonna be some belting spare ticket threads on here lol

Good luck to all on here, hope you all get a ticket for the final. I didn’t get a season ticket for this season, got one for next season but genuinely hope as many of those who invested this season have a ticket for the final, they deserve it

Reactions: JFP
Praying I get a ticket.

Theres gonna be some belting spare ticket threads on here lol
Will take a pm if any spares 😂

I’m not going to get too excited about this news... yeah it’s great that UEFA have given the green light for fans to attend but I’m highly skeptical that the Scottish Government, SFA, Hibernian, St. Johnstone, Police Scotland and any other stake holder can come together and make this happen with only 8 working days left before the final.

Hope I’m wrong but I’ll not hold by breathe.

Maybe they needed the announcement of dropping down to Level 2 first? As it stands right now, if the SFA are as serious as they say they are - when they say that they want fans back in stadiums asap - then they've got to pull out the stops to get Murrayfield, Celtic Park, or Pittodrie. Or any other suitable venue.

I'll know I won't get to go, but I want as many of you lot as much as possible.

Read the thread M, all the answers to your questions are there. Best answers to viable stadiums are Aberdeen, Rugby Park, Tannadice, Fir Park, Dens Park or East End Park.

Great that at least some will get in. They should restrict it to HSL members to make it fair.

:coffee1:

Or the 400 Hibs away season ticket holders.

Or the 400 Hibs away season ticket holders.
Can't do that, I'm sure we established Hibs are the home team...

It would have needed Scotland to officially drop down to level 2 before the SFA could move but I think the bigger reason is UEFA are moving the Champions League final from Istanbul to either Lisbon, Portugal or London, England and allowing fans to attend.

These are both Euro 2020 stadiums as is Hampden so the excuse of needing the game to be played in an empty stadium to allow preparation time for Euro 2020 falls by the wayside.🤔.

Hence Hampden looks 100% the venue and it looks positive that at least some Hibs fans will be able to attend.✅👍

Last edited:
Ballot with available tickets so low will mean the chances of going in a group with friends/family are slim to none? Sounds pretty shite but obviously we’d all still go even on our tod!

Away ST holders would seem a fair starting point but guaranteed there’ll be moaning faced hibees whatever happens 😂

This thread has been viewed 10467 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back