Hibs v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup Final

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
I’m ina similar position, great to have this to discuss Hibs. Down here, the only football that exists is the premier league which is fair enough but their arrogant view of anything else means not many to chat with about hibs
I've got absolutely no interest in the EPL. Never watch it, very rarely watch MOTD. I'd rather watch the national league games on the tellybox.
My local team's Torquay United which I've been to a few times but there's only one team for me so if I go and watch anybody else I never feel the same attachment that I do when I come up the road

Scoobie

An Dun Radge
I read that the Chief Clinical Officer bloke has said that the Cup Final can have spectators as long as it isn't at Hampden? I've seen a discussion already about having it moved, but why would he say that? Hampden is cavernous! Unless he's worried about the public transport or summat?

EDIT: Is it to do with the Euros?

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I read that the Chief Clinical Officer bloke has said that the Cup Final can have spectators as long as it isn't at Hampden? I've seen a discussion already about having it moved, but why would he say that? Hampden is cavernous! Unless he's worried about the public transport or summat?

EDIT: Is it to do with the Euros?

Yeah it was because of the Euros.

At least the SFA have asked the question now:

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
I've got absolutely no interest in the EPL. Never watch it, very rarely watch MOTD. I'd rather watch the national league games on the tellybox.
My local team's Torquay United which I've been to a few times but there's only one team for me so if I go and watch anybody else I never feel the same attachment that I do when I come up the road
Exactly my thought mate. It’s overpriced and overhyped. Yeah, we all know any premier league team would give us a spanking and the standard is higher but it’s soulless. Give me Scottish fitba any day

Scoobie

An Dun Radge
Maybe they needed the announcement of dropping down to Level 2 first? As it stands right now, if the SFA are as serious as they say they are - when they say that they want fans back in stadiums asap - then they've got to pull out the stops to get Murrayfield, Celtic Park, or Pittodrie. Or any other suitable venue.

I'll know I won't get to go, but I want as many of you lot as much as possible.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
And why didn’t the SFA ask the question much earlier than 10 days before the Cup Final!
Because they don't really care if it's not the bigot brothers and it's taken this long for the pressure to build to the point where they have to act. Handy for them it's probably too late now to organise ticketing etc and they'll just be hoping UEFA say no and can be painted as the bad guys.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
Good luck to all on here, hope you all get a ticket for the final. I didn’t get a season ticket for this season, got one for next season but genuinely hope as many of those who invested this season have a ticket for the final, they deserve it

Zab

Admin
I’m not going to get too excited about this news... yeah it’s great that UEFA have given the green light for fans to attend but I’m highly skeptical that the Scottish Government, SFA, Hibernian, St. Johnstone, Police Scotland and any other stake holder can come together and make this happen with only 8 working days left before the final.

Hope I’m wrong but I’ll not hold by breathe.

Admin
Maybe they needed the announcement of dropping down to Level 2 first? As it stands right now, if the SFA are as serious as they say they are - when they say that they want fans back in stadiums asap - then they've got to pull out the stops to get Murrayfield, Celtic Park, or Pittodrie. Or any other suitable venue.

I'll know I won't get to go, but I want as many of you lot as much as possible.

Read the thread M, all the answers to your questions are there. Best answers to viable stadiums are Aberdeen, Rugby Park, Tannadice, Fir Park, Dens Park or East End Park.

Great that at least some will get in. They should restrict it to HSL members to make it fair.

:coffee1:

Or the 400 Hibs away season ticket holders.

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
And why didn’t the SFA ask the question much earlier than 10 days before the Cup Final!

It would have needed Scotland to officially drop down to level 2 before the SFA could move but I think the bigger reason is UEFA are moving the Champions League final from Istanbul to either Lisbon, Portugal or London, England and allowing fans to attend.

These are both Euro 2020 stadiums as is Hampden so the excuse of needing the game to be played in an empty stadium to allow preparation time for Euro 2020 falls by the wayside.🤔.

Hence Hampden looks 100% the venue and it looks positive that at least some Hibs fans will be able to attend.✅👍

Last edited:

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Ballot with available tickets so low will mean the chances of going in a group with friends/family are slim to none? Sounds pretty shite but obviously we’d all still go even on our tod!

Away ST holders would seem a fair starting point but guaranteed there’ll be moaning faced hibees whatever happens 😂

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here