Hibs v Dundee Utd.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
We're heading for ER on Saturday. First time in a long time.
Which streets are no go?( around ER)
Where to park? Where not to park? Is there anywhere TO park? That is the question.....

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Leith Walk, one way south.
They've changed the works at the top of the Walk today, so that will be a mess.
The foot of Leith Walk is a mess.
Brunswick Road is no entry from Leith Walk and Mcdonald Road.
Pilrig is closed at Leith Walk and so are various 'parking' streets.
I'd imagine Easter Road will be a nightmare after the game. Its regularly backed up at both ends with long delays.
The bottom road by the Shore normally has delays sometimes as far back as Ocean Terminal.
If I've missed out any major roads they'll probably be at the least restricted.

Park and Ride at the airport and tram/Airport bus into town. Having said that I think from this week the tram terminates in St Andrews Square.

You can use your old age pensioners bus pass on any busses you use but non Edinburgh residents can't get free trams.

If you do persevere with the car into Leith then the parking is pretty much as it was when you were last down except for small parts of streets where they have been narrowed for pedestrian covid shite!

Last edited:

Greenmachine

Stay clear of Leith Walk and Leith altogether to be honest.....

Lochend/Restalrig is where I park ( I was brought up there, so know the area well). You can usually get parked no problem in that area and it's a 10 minute walk to ER.

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
Stay clear of Leith Walk and Leith altogether to be honest.....

Lochend/Restalrig is where I park ( I was brought up there, so know the area well). You can usually get parked no problem in that area and it's a 10 minute walk to ER.
That’s where I was going to suggest, my partner stayed in Lochend up until 2016 and could usually get parked around there on match days no bother as long as you didn’t leave it too close to kick-off. 5 minute walk to the ground.

I’m not sure if Meadowbank Retail Park is also still an option?

davhfc

Well-Known Radge
Park at bottom of Restalrig Rd i.e. on Blackie Road or down on links and walk up to ground, should be able to rat run out at the end pretty quick.

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
This'll be my first match since 2nd Nov 19.
Looking forward to it.
Have a bit of a rush to get a flight after the match. I take it there won't be any barrier erected to allow away fans to get away first?

Admin
I have been going in via the Western Approach Road/ Grassmarket/ Abbeyhill direction and its been pretty ok, park south of London Road and walk ( I have a space near the ground, through a friend). Booking a space online isn't dear as another option.

DC89

New radge
Been parking in the tesco at the bottom of easter road and just walking up. There in 10mins, always spaces

Jack

I have been going in via the Western Approach Road/ Grassmarket/ Abbeyhill direction and its been pretty ok, park south of London Road and walk ( I have a space near the ground, through a friend). Booking a space online isn't dear as another option.
Abbeyhill has been closed to traffic, up the hill, last week and down the hill off and on. I'm not sure if that's still the case. I might be passing there later on today so I'll update if I can.

Avoid the West Port.

Avoid old ERI and Fountainbridge East if that's your way home, it's closed at Lothian Road, down to Tollcross quite often backed up to old ERI.

Last edited:

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Thanks all.
It's my son who's doing the driving/parking.
Luckily, he doesn't get stressed like his old man.
When he suggested going to the game I said oh the parking / street closures/ traffic yada, yada ,yada.....
He looked at me and said 'itll be fine'.......
I'm already thinking about it and the associated problems!
Bugger these clay feet.

Admin
Abbeyhill has been closed to traffic, up the hill, last week and down the hill off and on. I'm not sure if that's still the case. I might be passing there later on today so I'll update if I can.

Avoid the West Port.

Avoid old ERI and Fountainbridge East if that's your way home, it's closed at Lothian Road.

Just to be clear, I have been coming up Abbey Mount from the High Street and down Easter Road, is that where you mean?

Jack

Abbyhill roadworks are away.

I know it's nearly rush hour. The traffic going down ER starts queuing about a football pitch length along London Road, a wee break from Albion Road and starts queuing again not long after where the Coopers was for the junction at Old Leith Academy.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here