• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs Casuals, Heroes or Villians

No we played Brondby in the European cup.
Sorry mate bit confused, was that in the week before we played?

Sorry mate bit confused, was that in the week before we played?

As I sad I have been out f it for a while now so I asked some of the lads who are still active and they said they missed your game due to being in Denmark or travelling back ?

I was about to explode at Ukraine getting called Russia :grinning-smiley-045: but thankfully 1875 corrected that mistake

Some of the Dnipro guys involved in that invited myself and 1875 for a drink when we were over on Dnipro Kids duty, although we had no idea who they were until we arrived at the pub (I think it was the same pub they attacked, I wasn't present at the original incident). They were actually sound guys, and had clubbed together to get handmade handpainted Ukrainian display plate and mugs made as a thank you for the work we were doing. I'm now really good friends with some of the guys that were there that day.

1875 might expand on the meeting, it turned out to be a bit of a vodka induced haze for me as they plied us with vodka related toasts every couple of minutes.

I remember sitting in that beer garden thinking aw for fuck sake, and some comment about hooligans as we both had Lacoste polos on thinking we're cream crackered here. Vodka remembers the rest. As Stevie says, they were actually good guys though.

I remember sitting in that beer garden thinking aw for fuck sake, and some comment about hooligans as we both had Lacoste polos on thinking we're cream crackered here. Vodka remembers the rest. As Stevie says, they were actually good guys though.

I remembered having a conversation with KF about it, he told me they followed them to their hotel and he had sprayed a few their lumps with CS Gas.

As I sad I have been out f it for a while now so I asked some of the lads who are still active and they said they missed your game due to being in Denmark or travelling back ?
Yeah ok get it now. Lots of things i'd like to ask, or you ask me, like the Oldham thing, but there's a bit of hostility by some members on here so i won't go on as it's your fans board.

I was about to explode at Ukraine getting called Russia :grinning-smiley-045: but thankfully 1875 corrected that mistake

Some of the Dnipro guys involved in that invited myself and 1875 for a drink when we were over on Dnipro Kids duty, although we had no idea who they were until we arrived at the pub (I think it was the same pub they attacked, I wasn't present at the original incident). They were actually sound guys, and had clubbed together to get handmade handpainted Ukrainian display plate and mugs made as a thank you for the work we were doing. I'm now really good friends with some of the guys that were there that day.

1875 might expand on the meeting, it turned out to be a bit of a vodka induced haze for me as they plied us with vodka related toasts every couple of minutes.

Was over Ukraine with an ex workmates from there a couple of years ago and hope to return this year. We done a lot of travelling and a traditional style beach holiday with his family and much vodka. If people here realised how cheap it is there I would expect many more holidaymakers But keep it a secret. Went to a pub 60p a pint of beer every bit as good as German beer and every third pint few, hotels easy to book when travelling.. woman are ? what's not to like. Did help one of us could speak Russian and Ukranian though ?

Was over Ukraine with an ex workmates from there a couple of years ago and hope to return this year. We done a lot of travelling and a traditional style beach holiday with his family and much vodka. If people here realised how cheap it is there I would expect many more holidaymakers But keep it a secret. Went to a pub 60p a pint of beer every bit as good as German beer and every third pint few, hotels easy to book when travelling.. woman are ? what's not to like. Did help one of us could speak Russian and Ukranian though ?
Yeah .. shhh ?
The economy crashed after Maidan and the Russian invasion. It was 11 uah/£ in 2012 and is currently 38 uah/£ ?
That’s really good for us and Dnipro Kids donations, but you can see how it’s affecting the poorer population.

If I’m staying somewhere more than a couple of days I find it just as cheap to book an apartment than a good quality hotel. I’m sure your mate knows the good places to visit, but I’ve good experience with travel and places we have visited with Dnipro Kids if you ever need advice. Just message me on here, always happy to help ?

Newcastle played FC Kharkiv in Europa Cup a few years back, so I organised the trip for me, my cousin and his cousin. Kyiv to Kharkiv to Dnipro, with at least a full day sightseeing in each place. They said it was best football trip they’d ever had!

Last edited:
Yeah ok get it now. Lots of things i'd like to ask, or you ask me, like the Oldham thing, but there's a bit of hostility by some members on here so i won't go on as it's your fans board.
Oldham thing?

Yeah .. shhh ?
The economy crashed after Maidan and the Russian invasion. It was 11 uah/£ in 2012 and is currently 38 uah/£ ?
That’s really good for us and Dnipro Kids donations, but you can see how it’s affecting the poorer population.

If I’m staying somewhere more than a couple of days I find it just as cheap to book an apartment than a good quality hotel. I’m sure your mate knows the good places to visit, but I’ve good experience with travel and places we have visited with Dnipro Kids if you ever need advice. Just message me on here, always happy to help ?

Newcastle played FC Kharkiv in Europa Cup a few years back, so I organised the trip for me, my cousin and his cousin. Kyiv to Kharkiv to Dnipro, with at least a full day sightseeing in each place. They said it was best football trip they’d ever had!

Thanks Steve. We kinda just bounced around from Kiev to his home village in Odessa region..which was about 100 miles West of Odessa on the Danube where I had a swim. There was a holiday beach about half way between his home and Odessa and we booked the little beach huts to sleep in then on to Odessa where we saw Odessa (Chornomorets) 1 Kiev 1. Back in Kiev we booked this ship hotel which was fun as he mistakingly (at least I hope it was a mistake) booked one single bed haha..so he got a couch thing to sleep on.

He does some tour guide work so anyone ever need a trip to the forests or to Crimea ha is your man ? This lockdown cost him big in not having rich Canadians and Amerucans over.

Thanks Steve. We kinda just bounced around from Kiev to his home village in Odessa region..which was about 100 miles West of Odessa on the Danube where I had a swim. There was a holiday beach about half way between his home and Odessa and we booked the little beach huts to sleep in then on to Odessa where we saw Odessa (Chornomorets) 1 Kiev 1. Back in Kiev we booked this ship hotel which was fun as he mistakingly (at least I hope it was a mistake) booked one single bed haha..so he got a couch thing to sleep on.

He does some tour guide work so anyone ever need a trip to the forests or to Crimea ha is your man ? This lockdown cost him big in not having rich Canadians and Amerucans over.
Did you do the Partisan tunnels in Odessa? Interesting to go down them and see how the Partisans disrupted German occupation.
I was at a game there when Chornomorets beat Dynamo 2-1 (October 2017) .. not a huge support, but they really enjoyed the win!

Crimea was excellent, some really interesting places. I got excited about going to Balaclava (into the valley of death rode the 600) but to them it had no military significance other than it was the secret base for the Black Sea nuclear submarine fleet during the Cold War. An interesting visit to the submarine base (it’s a museum now) but don’t know if it’s still open after annexation.

I was there a few months before the annexation, so free to visit Sevastopol and other interesting places, not sure how accessible it is now under Russian occupation.

Last edited:

Would just crack on and ask / post what you like, been quite an interesting thread.

No hostility but certainly some disagreement but that's what forums like this are about. If everybody only posted what they thought everybody agrees with it would be awfy quiet on here. Crack on.

Reactions: Zab
Did you do the Partisan tunnels in Odessa? Interesting to go down them and see how the Partisans disrupted German occupation.
I was at a game there when Chornomorets beat Dynamo 2-1 (October 2017) .. not a huge support, but they really enjoyed the win!

Crimea was excellent, some really interesting places. I got excited about going to Balaclava (into the valley of death rode the 600) but to them it had no military significance other than it was the secret base for the Black Sea nuclear submarine fleet during the Cold War. An interesting visit to the submarine base (it’s a museum now) but don’t know if it’s still open after annexation.

I was there a few months before the annexation, so free to visit Sevastopol and other interesting places, not sure how accessible it is now under Russian occupation.
yeh I didnt go to Crimea as too dangerous though my mate took a western photographer not so long ago. I never saw that place no but I did see the huge war monuments in Kiev with recently captured Army trucks and missile carriers etc from the ongoing conflict. We also had a great time in Budapedt last year and haven also been to Czech republic I do think Eàstern Europe is fascinating

I see there’s a new Scottish magazine coming out soon called Paninaro which seems to include a feature on Hibs casuals

I see there’s a new Scottish magazine coming out soon called Paninaro which seems to include a feature on Hibs casuals
Meant to be this week from Social Recluse in Glasgow

Meant to be this week from Social Recluse in Glasgow

I have a fantastic Cup Final Poster from Social Recluse.

I have a fantastic Cup Final Poster from Social Recluse.
At the risk of parodying Shrink, any pics?

At the risk of parodying Shrink, any pics?

HIBS+16+SQUARE.jpg

Nice 💚

Amazingly, I have just realized that the legend who is Lewis Stevenson, his number coincides with a special year to us all.
How apt, and strange I never twigged on the fact before.
Fate!!

Morning - any idea when this new mag is available ? I have tried to find out more via google but no joy ! Thanks in advance ( mon the hibs today - tough game I feel but 2-1 hibs I go with )

Morning - any idea when this new mag is available ? I have tried to find out more via google but no joy ! Thanks in advance ( mon the hibs today - tough game I feel but 2-1 hibs I go with )

You get it from these guys.....

Social Recluse, based in Glasgow.

Have bought it, £8 is probably about right nowadays for a decent quarterly magazine. £4 postage is ripping the pish a wee bit

Have bought it, £8 is probably about right nowadays for a decent quarterly magazine. £4 postage is ripping the pish a wee bit

You do get a free poster with it. 😉

You get it from these guys.....

Social Recluse, based in Glasgow.
Thanks - will order

Paninaro has landed, a whole lot about HIbs in it. Very decent at first glance.

Yeah - loads on Hibs, lookin good so far

I ordered it last Monday ( now sold out ) and they posting to madrid arrives next Monday I have been told - look forward to the read

Great cover and great content.

Did it mention the Ex lads who gave their account of things?

Typical, it’s now out of stock.

Thought it was alright, nothing special. The Mallinson article the stand out. If it wasn’t full of Hibs content I think I’d be a lot more critical. Doubt I’ll buy it again.

My copy of Paninaro arrived today .. looking forward to the read.

My copy of Paninaro arrived today .. looking forward to the read.

Crazy.

Thought it was alright, nothing special. The Mallinson article the stand out. If it wasn’t full of Hibs content I think I’d be a lot more critical. Doubt I’ll buy it again.

I really liked it, great layout and design, lovely stock - looking forward to the next one on the London clubs and Skins.

I really liked it, great layout and design, lovely stock - looking forward to the next one on the London clubs and Skins.
It arrived to madrid and enjoying the read so far

Attachments

• CB205D54-872C-4F39-8884-28C8A37B727F.jpeg
    CB205D54-872C-4F39-8884-28C8A37B727F.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 15
Was too late to get a copy of this, tried a few searches and discovered 2 for sale on e-bay, a ton or £59.99, phuck that.

Was too late to get a copy of this, tried a few searches and discovered 2 for sale on e-bay, a ton or £59.99, phuck that.
That is mad
But guess if they printed a limited amount then good for them if the interest is there
I am when read mine going to post to a pal in edin and he can read and pass on again
Be interested to see how second magazine reads in comparison

Some copies with be available at the Original Casuals Social Club in Edinburgh and from Social Recluse in Glasgow, I believe?

Some copies with be available at the Original Casuals Social Club in Edinburgh and from Social Recluse in Glasgow, I believe?
Cheers mate , will give them a try.

This thread has been viewed 46872 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back