Hibs Casuals, Heroes or Villians

The Family

Capital Radge
Amen to all of that.

As an aside, a few months ago on our forum it was debated who was the 2nd best club anthem behind ours (yes our lot are biased) and your Sunshine on Leith came up and overwhelmingly got the vote. So my radar was tuned to looking at all things Hibs, i Googled mapped Leith, what a cracking place it looks and decent for a pub crawl. My missus and my relationship is going down the pan, so if/when i'm single again i wouldn't mind a drink round there. When we walked down ER, i noticed Middletons and the Mash Tun? over the road, in previous years to that my brother visited the ground and went in the Albion for a drink, though it's not there anymore i don't think?

Surprised the Huns never took your lot to the Queens pub or somewhere in Haymarket where they used to hide when playing us. Albion Bar is no longer there. A few visiting fans used Middletons for a drink.

What’s the thoughts of our player Nisbet?

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Before I have to go out for another six pack boxes of kleenex. This thread, which I started, demonstrates to me that fact, fiction, romanticism, testosterone charged rubbish, much of it a bit sour
and sad, is the story of Hibs Casuals or any Casuals anywhere.

Firm, lads, mob, team, boys, keep reminiscing of your past, dreaming and comparing notes. At least nobody gets a sore face, beaten to a pulp or slashed with words.

BIG G

The Family

Capital Radge
Before I have to go out for another six pack boxes of kleenex. This thread, which I started, demonstrates to me that fact, fiction, romanticism, testosterone charged rubbish, much of it a bit sour
and sad, is the story of Hibs Casuals or any Casuals anywhere.

Firm, lads, mob, team, boys, keep reminiscing of your past, dreaming and comparing notes. At least nobody gets a sore face, beaten to a pulp or slashed with words.

BIG G

Come on Amigo, it happened before casuals was invented. Seen loads of times Hibs fans fighting Hibs fans, pubs, clubs and up down the country having punch ups every weekend, it’s not solely a casual thing.

hoppy/hibee.

Just A Radge
Knew quite a lot of the faces back in the day, and can say not all were fannies, met some really nice guys who have all grown up and still go to the games and say hello. But fannies there certainly were..
Some good times specially Aberdeen away, always felt safe they would always step in and have the hibs fans backs... GGTTH

moathibby

Legendary Radge
So my mate Raymond almost lost his life to an attack by Aberdeen supporters,and a lot of you thought'you know what ?that's the kind of life I want to live from now on'.It's sad and rather pathetic.

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
So my mate Raymond almost lost his life to an attack by Aberdeen supporters,and a lot of you thought'you know what ?that's the kind of life I want to live from now on'.It's sad and rather pathetic.
I'm sure Raymie went back for a bit revenge and even admitted as much in court possibly as a defence witness for the boy accused of throwing the petrol bomb at them.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
your mate Raymond was a willing participant. not an innocent bystander.

Surprised the Huns never took your lot to the Queens pub or somewhere in Haymarket where they used to hide when playing us. Albion Bar is no longer there. A few visiting fans used Middletons for a drink.

What’s the thoughts of our player Nisbet?
I personally weren't with them, i only got up there on the Sunday morning. I was with a few oldschool lads and a certain black fella who's a good mate of mine, the 2 older RFC lads were with a group in the same pub, no idea who the Hearts Yoof were with, only saw them in the ground.
Nisbet seems a good prospect, hope Hibs keep him, we could make Messi look crap in our team.

The Family

Capital Radge
I personally weren't with them, i only got up there on the Sunday morning. I was with a few oldschool lads and a certain black fella who's a good mate of mine, the 2 older RFC lads were with a group in the same pub, no idea who the Hearts Yoof were with, only saw them in the ground.
Nisbet seems a good prospect, hope Hibs keep him, we could make Messi look crap in our team.

The day of your game a lot of the boys were flying back from Denmark.

StevieC

Toon Army Radge
Ukraine that’s right, just remember the boys got a sore one when they bombarded the pub with everything they could land their hands on ?
I was about to explode at Ukraine getting called Russia :grinning-smiley-045: but thankfully 1875 corrected that mistake

Some of the Dnipro guys involved in that invited myself and 1875 for a drink when we were over on Dnipro Kids duty, although we had no idea who they were until we arrived at the pub (I think it was the same pub they attacked, I wasn't present at the original incident). They were actually sound guys, and had clubbed together to get handmade handpainted Ukrainian display plate and mugs made as a thank you for the work we were doing. I'm now really good friends with some of the guys that were there that day.

1875 might expand on the meeting, it turned out to be a bit of a vodka induced haze for me as they plied us with vodka related toasts every couple of minutes.

The Family

Capital Radge
I was about to explode at Ukraine getting called Russia :grinning-smiley-045: but thankfully 1875 corrected that mistake

Some of the Dnipro guys involved in that invited myself and 1875 for a drink when we were over on Dnipro Kids duty, although we had no idea who they were until we arrived at the pub (I think it was the same pub they attacked, I wasn't present at the original incident). They were actually sound guys, and had clubbed together to get handmade handpainted Ukrainian display plate and mugs made as a thank you for the work we were doing. I'm now really good friends with some of the guys that were there that day.

1875 might expand on the meeting, it turned out to be a bit of a vodka induced haze for me as they plied us with vodka related toasts every couple of minutes.

I know you are S, enjoyed reading your updates on how things were going with the kids over there ?

StevieC

Toon Army Radge
I know you are S, enjoyed reading your updates on how things were going with the kids over there ?
Thanks.
I feel honoured at being lucky enough to do what we do in the name of Hibernian. And humbled by the support that it continues to have 15 years on. If it wasn't for the continued generosity of the Hibs support, who have always viewed it as a Hibs supporters charity, it would have died long before FC Dnipro did.

I have always tried to be as much of an ambassador for the club (and Scotland) as I can when in Ukraine. There was definitely a strong link between the two teams for many years. Their club shop sold Hibs merchandise for a good few years after that game. The top guys in their supporters organisation (including their ultras) knew of the links to Hibs, and we were always made welcome their. I was once presented with a big Hibernian/Dnipro Saltire flag on a visit, that was given a VIP position on the pitchside fencing, amongst their ultra flags, whenever I was lucky enough to attend a match. I even had it at their Europa Cup Final in Poland against Seville.

Getting back on topic .. some of my best friends over there are guys that were involved in this sort of thing.

I hope this doesn't come across as some sort of misty eyed romanticism about the era (Big G), but the casual thing was so much more than thugs fighting at games. It was a youth movement that stretched across football, fashion, music and (sadly) laterly drugs.
Without going all psycho-analytical about it, there were bonds formed that have lasted decades. Guys from 30 years ago that you would feel more comfortable discussing issues with than you would a family member. Guys that you might have not seen for years, that would drop what they were doing if they thought you needed help. Someone used the phrase "tight knit" earlier on, and I would say that tightness went way beyond simply following a football team. I would even go so far as to say it was also character forming, in a mostly positive way (although with a lot of things, not always).

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00