Hibs Casuals, Heroes or Villians

shankssaysno

Just A Radge
....and all Scottish Cup and League Cup Games too.

BIG G
OH i was there when we took 7000 and getting in late just in time for Davy cooper to slam a freekick right passed Roughie you want to continue making a prick of yourself keep them coming , i have'nt always stayed up here. And where did i mention cup games.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
OH i was there when we took 7000 and getting in late just in time for Davy cooper to slam a freekick right passed Roughie you want to continue making a prick of yourself keep them coming , i have'nt always stayed up here. And where did i mention cup games.
Calm down. I was referring to a Hibs Season Ticket getting you in free to all home Scottish Cup and League Cup Games at Easter Road too.

BIG G

shankssaysno

Just A Radge
No but to be honest i can't remember it was a wee book that the turnstyle ripped the relative ticket. But maybe you are correct, cause back then it was finacially better to get a season book if you attended all the home games. It was a rough time to be a Hibby crowds were poor regularly 4000 to 5000 in attendance, that's why i don't buy into all this moaning in how Hibs are now.

Admin
it was a time when we did'nt have a allocated area or we were to young and nieve to notice, think i made it up? never missed a Hibs game in a ten year spell including reserve games you got in to the reserves for free if you had a season ticket book.

You are right, we used to go to the west end of the enclosure under the Huns main stand, there was no segregation.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
No but to be honest i can't remember it was a wee book that the turnstyle ripped the relative ticket. But maybe you are correct, cause back then it was finacially better to get a season book if you attended all the home games. It was a rough time to be a Hibby crowds were poor regularly 4000 to 5000 in attendance, that's why i don't buy into all this moaning in how Hibs are now.
The wee book of tickets.... one season mine went through the washing machine in a pair of jeans and was turned into a lump of solid mush never to be parted again. Unfortunately this was right at the start of the season. Hibs refused to give me a replacement and instead I had to report to the ticket office every week where a wee envelope with my name on it was given out containing a ‘comp’ ticket.
Cheers Hibs

vasco de gama

Well-Known Radge
You are right, we used to go to the west end of the enclosure under the main stand, there was no segregation.
I remember going to games when I was really young (6 years old - 1976) and there was absolutely no segregation. Swapping ends with opponents fans at half time by walking along what felt like a gigantic East terracing.

We also used to get Hibs Kids tickets in the old Main Stand at the Dunbar End which I think was seen as the visitor end - again no segregation.i reckon I was about 11 then so 1981.

Even after segregation- which I think properly started around 83-84 when they built a fence next to the TV gantry in the East and had a big ‘no-man’s zone’ then another fence at the Dunbar end it was still easy to just walk in the away end as most games were still pay at the gate.

Admin
I remember going to games when I was really young (6 years old - 1976) and there was absolutely no segregation. Swapping ends with opponents fans at half time by walking along what felt like a gigantic East terracing.

We also used to get Hibs Kids tickets in the old Main Stand at the Dunbar End which I think was seen as the visitor end - again no segregation.i reckon I was about 11 then so 1981.

Even after segregation- which I think properly started around 83-84 when they built a fence next to the TV gantry in the East and had a big ‘no-man’s zone’ then another fence at the Dunbar end it was still easy to just walk in the away end as most games were still pay at the gate.

I was meaning at the Hunnery, but I agree withwhat you are saying at ER.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
The wee book of tickets.... one season mine went through the washing machine in a pair of jeans and was turned into a lump of solid mush never to be parted again. Unfortunately this was right at the start of the season. Hibs refused to give me a replacement and instead I had to report to the ticket office every week where a wee envelope with my name on it was given out containing a ‘comp’ ticket.
Cheers Hibs
I did that! Had to do the same as you for 10 games iirc

Fernando

Just A Radge
l remember being at an Aberdeen game when rumours swept the ground that a hibs boy had been given a doing by Aberdeen casuals n had died.The atmosphere was the worst I have experienced at a match by the end of the game you couldn't wait to get round to them and exact revenge.
The casuals were a product of the time and time moves on its all about the match day experience now bit a wee bit of me misses the excitement the fear n the sense of belonging good and bad .

The Family

Capital Radge
l remember being at an Aberdeen game when rumours swept the ground that a hibs boy had been given a doing by Aberdeen casuals n had died.The atmosphere was the worst I have experienced at a match by the end of the game you couldn't wait to get round to them and exact revenge.
The casuals were a product of the time and time moves on its all about the match day experience now bit a wee bit of me misses the excitement the fear n the sense of belonging good and bad .

Said incident mentioned above ?

Fernando

Just A Radge
Sorry I have read all this and I still don't understand why you needed a pair of Lois chords and a Scott Lyle top to go steaming into huns?
It was just the times moaty think teddy boys,punks ,mods,etc it was just a faze
Wee tip for you wear your wee brothers t- shirt makes you look bigger only thing is n the middle of the battle the shirt never makes it back ?

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00