Hibs Casuals, Heroes or Villians

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £26.37

The Family

Capital Radge
I came a cropper after the Leeds Utd friendly in the early 90s. I'd travelled up from the South with some York City pals for a weekend. We got jumped not far from Tamsons after the game. I got a grudging apology when I finally got through to them that I was Hibs and these were my friends. I didn't come back to ER for quite a few years after that.

Sorry for you and your pals, as I said above I can only confirm what I have witnessed first hand.
[automerge]1611409713[/automerge]

This was a well planned action ambushing Huns and Hertz scum after an Orange walk....what’s not to like

Even more pleasing is it was all their older lot that got blitzed by Hibs younger lot ?

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
I've watched the youtube video and read the article, and can only say that whilst there may have been an element of ambush involved, references made in the article to great historic ambush victories are just a tad fanciful: the ambushed were a bunch of drunken, middle aged, washed up stereotypical huns who looked like they had come straight off the set of the T2 orange bar scene. That's not to say the losers didn't deserve a good tanking.They were up for it and, from the look of them, I'd be pretty sure they were no strangers to handing out that treatment in their heyday. To be fair to the silly bar steward, one of them got a great kick on the heid but still managed to get to his feet and give chase.
If I had to name this ambush and elevate it to one from history, I'd call it the battle of the Tuborg Forest

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
Sorry for you and your pals, as I said above I can only confirm what I have witnessed first hand.
[automerge]1611409713[/automerge]

Even more pleasing is it was all their older lot that got blitzed by Hibs younger lot ?
Did the huns get a right doin down the road off camera that day?

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I got a kicking at Pittodrie. Me and a couple of mates , minding our own business, on the way to the game.
Let me assure you, their was nothing romantic about it.

Boo

Just A Radge
I got a kicking at Pittodrie. Me and a couple of mates , minding our own business, on the way to the game.
Let me assure you, their was nothing romantic about it.
By Aberdeen fans ? You and your pals in colours or not ? I am aware back in the day Aberdeen had a big firm and they were supposedly well organised . Only went to pittodrie a few times and never saw any issues at all ( also didn’t understand a f kin word they said )??

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
Difficult to view things now as opposed to back then when it started in the early to mid eighties. When it did hit I've never seen a youth movement grow like it..especially as it was fuelled from within with no real external stimulus. It might seem to younger folk now that the 80s were a fun time (given the programs you see on tv) but my memory is of my Dad being made redundant, having a constant and hated Tory govt, being treated like absolute scum by the Police at football, and sporadic and indiscriminate violence on the news (miners strike especially where it seemed it was open season on pickets) in pubs, clubs and up the town (Lothian Road especially). To some extent my group of 14/15 year old mates and I were pretty conditioned to violence and we had a pretty nihilistic view on society so I guess we were pretty suggestable when a new and exciting movement came along.

Hibs was pretty tight knit..most boys still let on to each other to this day..we were a very good mob by any yardstick (if your club was going to have a mob it might as well be decent). There were some absolute lunatics amongst it and other lads like me and my mates who were loosely connected but not main protagonists. I stopped getting involved in the late 80' early 90s after an arrest at Ibrox nearly resulted in me losing my job, a mortgage Id just been approved for and my girlfriend at the time. Clubbing had come along and lots of lads were into that rather than the casual thing anymore (tho they still turned out for big games).

I made friends I still speak with to this day, had some great laughs, was scared out of my wits, took a couple of pastings and came out of it relatively unscathed. Looking back now if I had kids of that age Id be absolutely horrified if they got involved in anything similar. It is romanticised to an extent imo, there were incidents I;ve seen that made me feel sick tbh but as others have pointed out that was usually down to individual bams rather than a collective decision.

Im not trying to mount a defence a for it..obviously ethically its difficult to do that, just provide a context round it.

Admin
Difficult to view things now as opposed to back then when it started in the early to mid eighties. When it did hit I've never seen a youth movement grow like it..especially as it was fuelled from within with no real external stimulus. It might seem to younger folk now that the 80s were a fun time (given the programs you see on tv) but my memory is of my Dad being made redundant, having a constant and hated Tory govt, being treated like absolute scum by the Police at football, and sporadic and indiscriminate violence on the news (miners strike especially where it seemed it was open season on pickets) in pubs, clubs and up the town (Lothian Road especially). To some extent my group of 14/15 year old mates and I were pretty conditioned to violence and we had a pretty nihilistic view on society so I guess we were pretty suggestable when a new and exciting movement came along.

Hibs was pretty tight knit..most boys still let on to each other to this day..we were a very good mob by any yardstick (if your club was going to have a mob it might as well be decent). There were some absolute lunatics amongst it and other lads like me and my mates who were loosely connected but not main protagonists. I stopped getting involved in the late 80' early 90s after an arrest at Ibrox nearly resulted in me losing my job, a mortgage Id just been approved for and my girlfriend at the time. Clubbing had come along and lots of lads were into that rather than the casual thing anymore (tho they still turned out for big games).

I made friends I still speak with to this day, had some great laughs, was scared out of my wits, took a couple of pastings and came out of it relatively unscathed. Looking back now if I had kids of that age Id be absolutely horrified if they got involved in anything similar. It is romanticised to an extent imo, there were incidents I;ve seen that made me feel sick tbh but as others have pointed out that was usually down to individual bams rather than a collective decision.

Im not trying to mount a defence a for it..obviously ethically its difficult to do that, just provide a context round it.

Superb summary G.

The Family

Capital Radge
Thinking of the Hun game tomorrow there has been some notable victories for the Family v the Huns over the years.
Jocks Lodge,London Road,Slateford,Kelvingrove,Paisley Rd West,Gorbals ,Glasgow Central,Dundee & Amsterdam

Probably been a few others as well.

Add the Kingston Bridge (underneath it), St Enoch tube station, Meadowbank, Outside the Rutland at the West End, to name but a few ?
[automerge]1611680271[/automerge]
Did the huns get a right doin down the road off camera that day?

They did mate, they got lured into that street as there is no cameras ?

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I was never part of it. Coming from a punk rock background. The idea of dressing up smart in order to go scrapping was an anathema to me. However, I did witness some of it, and as far as I was concerned it was a case of as long as it doesn't involve me and get in the way of me enjoying the game let them get on with it. I know a few folks who were involved and at least two are good friends as well as comrades. Raymond M who nearly lost his life to a knife attack and Tommy M a Jambo who was a member of a gang called the Red Hand Gang. They both left the scene and they joined me in the SWP and we put our energies into fighting the Tories and the BNP and EDL.All three of us have joined FLLAF but as I say I'm not that fussed about the fashion side of it.

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
Thinking of the Hun game tomorrow there has been some notable victories for the Family v the Huns over the years.
Jocks Lodge,London Road,Slateford,Kelvingrove,Paisley Rd West,Gorbals ,Glasgow Central,Dundee & Amsterdam

Probably been a few others as well.
Slateford was probably the most one sided beating i've ever seen.

The Family

Capital Radge
Slateford was probably the most one sided beating i've ever seen.

Amsterdam when they jumped in the canals to get away from us ??
[automerge]1611769689[/automerge]
I was never part of it. Coming from a punk rock background. The idea of dressing up smart in order to go scrapping was an anathema to me. However, I did witness some of it, and as far as I was concerned it was a case of as long as it doesn't involve me and get in the way of me enjoying the game let them get on with it. I know a few folks who were involved and at least two are good friends as well as comrades. Raymond M who nearly lost his life to a knife attack and Tommy M a Jambo who was a member of a gang called the Red Hand Gang. They both left the scene and they joined me in the SWP and we put our energies into fighting the Tories and the BNP and EDL.All three of us have joined FLLAF but as I say I'm not that fussed about the fashion side of it.

Raymond wasn’t a knife attack mate, it was loads of Aberdeen hitting him with Golf Brollys and continuing to jump on his head. Sick fuckers made a song about it, that’s when everyone agreed this would never happen again and every time we played them every man and their dug was out for them.

Last edited:

moathibby

Legendary Radge

Raymond wasn’t a knife attack mate, it was loads of Aberdeen hitting him with Golf Brollys and continuing to jump on his head. Sick fuckers made a song about it, that’s when everyone agreed this would never happen again and every time we played them every man and their dug was out for them.
Oh well Golf Brollies gave him a nasty scar in his neck.

Boo

Just A Radge

Who were hibs playing in the dam - was it Ajax - old stadium with the sort of mist around it - think at one point Ajax had 3 grounds

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge

I mind the Hibs mob got split in two that day and both were still massive...Aberdeen had a fair number as well. Boy who threw the petrol bomb was at our school I think if Im remebering the incident correctly. Was only 14 or 15 at the time..was well out my depth looking back!?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here