Hibs Casuals, Heroes or Villians

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £26.37

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Fairly sure I’ve seen a photo of Hibs casuals with a few nazi salutes on display. As Robbie says, going out early 90s could be a lottery, City Cafe especially at the weekend was a nightmare. Even when they should have been taking a pill and chilling out there was always the threat of violence.
Was it because they were Casuals or because they were Nazi scum M?

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
In the 80's and 90's yes, seen the photos myself. I also know ex Hibs casuals who are very left wing, church elders or members of the James Connolly society. A right mixed bag just like the wider Hibs support.
Church elders, that was some conversion, from battering to baptisms, from commotion to Communion. To be fair most dafties grow up as they age, though some do not.

BIG G

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
Worst racial abuse I’ve ever heard at a football match ( including hearing England fans booing Barnes and chamberlain in 80s ) was a well known Hibs boy ( prominent in central station incident ) and his pals targeting Bamba in a derby at Tynie then threatening anyone who objected , really vile stuff.
Agreed - seems to have made an impression on all of us there that day thats impact hasnt diminished with the passing of years.

Boo

Just A Radge
Agreed - seems to have made an impression on all of us there that day thats impact hasnt diminished with the passing of years.
[automerge]1611217018[/automerge]
Is there still a firm now ( up until co vid closed all the grounds down ) - was there still an active Hibs Firm ? Or any other Scottish club for that matter ?

The Family

Capital Radge
[automerge]1611217018[/automerge]
Is there still a firm now ( up until co vid closed all the grounds down ) - was there still an active Hibs Firm ? Or any other Scottish club for that matter ?

Hibs still have an active firm, not the same as before because a lot of us older lads have called it a day, too much to lose etc, it’s the same with Aberdeen, Dundee, Motherwell etc. The Huns probably have the most numbers these days as they have kept things going when every other team have called it a day. Don’t get me wrong Hibs could still get the old boys out if it was required ?
[automerge]1611337205[/automerge]
Well that covers....
Proud they were Hibs,
Pretoian guard to travelling fans,
Defenders of the Faith

I can honestly say in my time of being part of the casual scene I haven’t witnessed any Casuals taking liberties on their own fans. I have witnessed on a numerous occasions Hibs casuals fighting each other as a result of an incident that has taken place ages ago when fights happened all around different areas of Edinburgh. Not doubting what you are saying @GORDONSMITH7 but I can only say what I have witnessed first hand.

I have witnessed Casuals coming to the rescue of Hibs fans especially in Glasgow at Ibrox, Millwall, Leeds etc, not forgetting the Gorgie Aggro who use to take liberties on Hibs fans also. No point in mentioning the Hearts Casuals because they hid away from us for over 25 years!!

As @1875 Says We were all big Hibs fans home & away we always wanted the right result on the pitch as well as off it. Was their lads that didn’t support Hibs yes but these were lads who grew up in the same areas of Edinburgh.

At the beginning there was the odd Nazi salutes etc, but not everyone (Me included) got involved in that scene, if anything when the Scottish alliance of the EDL came to Edinburgh which would be Hearts, Rangers, Chelsea who were into the BNP shite, Hibs would be there to attack them at any opportunity.

?

Last edited:

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Hibs still have an active firm, not the same as before because a lot of us older lads have called it a day, too much to lose etc, it’s the same with Aberdeen, Dundee, Motherwell etc. The Huns probably have the most numbers these days as they have kept things going when every other team have called it a day. Don’t get me wrong Hibs could still get the old boys out if it was required ?

I can honestly say in my time of being part of the casual scene I haven’t witnessed any Casuals taking liberties on their own fans. I have witnessed on a numerous occasions Hibs casuals fighting each other as a result of an incident that has taken place ages ago when fights happened all around different areas of Edinburgh. Not doubting what you are saying @GORDONSMITH7 but I can only say what I have witnessed first hand.

I have witnessed Casuals coming to the rescue of Hibs fans especially in Glasgow at Ibrox, Millwall, Leeds etc, not forgetting the Georgie Aggro who use to take liberties on Hibs fans also. No point in mentioning the Hearts Casuals because they hid away from us for over 25 years!!

As @1875 Says We were all big Hibs fans home & away we always wanted the right result on the pitch as well as off it. Was their lads that didn’t support Hibs yes but these were lads who grew up in the same areas of Edinburgh.

At the beginning there was the odd Nazi salutes etc, but not everyone (Me included) got involved in that scene, if anything when the Scottish alliance of the EDL came to Edinburgh which would be Hearts, Huns, Chelsea who were into the BNP shite, Hibs would be there to attack them at any opportunity.

?
Is he some rapper who has passed me by ? :102:

Boo

Just A Radge

I have witnessed Casuals coming to the rescue of Hibs fans especially in Glasgow at Ibrox, Millwall, Leeds etc, not forgetting the Gorgie Aggro who use to take liberties on Hibs fans also. No point in mentioning the Hearts Casuals because they hid away from us for over 25 years!!

At the beginning there was the odd Nazi salutes etc, but not everyone (Me included) got involved in that scene, if anything when the Scottish alliance of the EDL came to Edinburgh which would be Hearts, Huns, Chelsea who were into the BNP shite, Hibs would be there to attack them at any opportunity.

?
Good read - would Rangers when playing us at ER bring a sizeable firm - you don’t really read in the press about much trouble .

The Family

Capital Radge
Good read - would Huns when playing us at ER bring a sizeable firm - you don’t really read in the press about much trouble .

They do come through nowadays but back in the day they never hardly ever came through Celtic’s firm were more active at us than them.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Couldn’t really care much either way. As said before there’s good guys and fannies in every grouping you care to mention. (Obvious exceptions being Gunts/Huns/Nazis/BBC Scotland journos)
I get a wee bit miffed at the inference that Hibs fans were at the bottom of the food chain until these hero’s formed a protective shield though. Plenty “scarfers” were quite happy to stand their ground at war zones of Airdrie Tynie Ibrox et al.
We weren’t all wee snivelling cowards you know.*

*I accept I was a wee snivelling coward, but I witnessed more than one Hibs Hero standing up to the hordes of evil, years before the ccs organised their assaults.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Never understood why anyone would want to dress up like Val Doonican in order to hit someone.
[automerge]1611363328[/automerge]
I can understand why someone dressing like Val Doonican would be hit however.
[automerge]1611363436[/automerge]
Maybe they thought they looked more like Garry Player.
[automerge]1611364350[/automerge]
Also the name I would say is a bit of a misnomer, as I would suggest it is quite difficult to kick some in the goolies whilst sipping a cinzano bianco at the side of a sunlight canal whilst reading Christopher Brookmeyer.

Last edited:

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Couldn’t really care much either way. As said before there’s good guys and fannies in every grouping you care to mention. (Obvious exceptions being Gunts/Huns/Nazis/BBC Scotland journos)
I get a wee bit miffed at the inference that Hibs fans were at the bottom of the food chain until these hero’s formed a protective shield though. Plenty “scarfers” were quite happy to stand their ground at war zones of Airdrie Tynie Ibrox et al.
We weren’t all wee snivelling cowards you know.*

*I accept I was a wee snivelling coward, but I witnessed more than one Hibs Hero standing up to the hordes of evil, years before the ccs organised their assaults.
Indeed,I remember the time a bus from North Edin pushed the emergency doors at Ibrox at FT and the Huns took a total tanking outside and the polis dived in before the main crowd realised what had happened.
We’ve not been allowed to stand in the concourse at FT since then.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Absolutely classic bit of journalism

Established military tactic

AMBUSHES have been a long-established military tactic. In the Battle of Trebia in 218BC, Carthaginian leader Hannibal hid cavalry and infantry near the battle zone. When the Roman infantry became entangled in combat, the ambush force then attacked the legionnaires from the rear.

Another famous ambush was sprung by Germanic leader Arminius at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest more than 2000 years ago. His forces attacked the Romans when they left their fortified camp and were marching in a rainstorm.

During the Vietnam War, the Battle of the Ia Drang Valley saw American’s 1st Cavalry Division ambushed by the 8th Battalion of the North Vietnamese 66th Regiment.

Boo

Just A Radge

This was a well planned action ambushing Huns and Hertz scum after an Orange walk....what’s not to like
That is an interesting read , right wing hearts and RFC fans gathering in Edinburgh got a proper battering - I have no issue with that at all as I am
Sure most folk don’t .
let’s hope a win today in 90 mins - make my weekend?

Canon Hannan

Just A Radge
That is an interesting read , right wing hearts and RFC fans gathering in Edinburgh got a proper battering - I have no issue with that at all as I am
Sure most folk don’t .
let’s hope a win today in 90 mins - make my weekend?
There’s a YouTube video as well. Scared the tourists but at least they got to see the other side of Edinburgh and not just the Harry Lauder version.

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
I can honestly say in my time of being part of the casual scene I haven’t witnessed any Casuals taking liberties on their own fans.

?
I came a cropper after the Leeds Utd friendly in the early 90s. I'd travelled up from the South with some York City pals for a weekend. We got jumped not far from Tamsons after the game. I got a grudging apology when I finally got through to them that I was Hibs and these were my friends. I didn't come back to ER for quite a few years after that.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here