• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 0 Dundee United - Scottish Cup Semi Final

Currently working offshore Nigeria so unlikely to see any of it unfortunately. Maybe extra time and penalties if the WiFi holds up 👀 Hopefully make it back in time for the final if we get the job done 🤞🏻‘Mon Hibs!

Just get the job done Hibs 💚

In every single respect they are a smaller club than Hibs.
Recent League winning and Europe campaigns,well more recent than Hibs.

Weather meant to be horrendous tomorrow.

Dundee Utd were awful last week too so may not be coming into this high on confidence. I think their defence is weak imo. We need to be quick and direct and we could make this a really difficult game for them. Our squad have experience of playing big matches especially at Hampden. I'd like a 3-0 Hibs but I'd be grateful just for a win to be honest.

Weather meant to be horrendous tomorrow.
Just looked at the bbc weather and it says light rain and moderate breeze.

I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Wouldn't it be grand if Hibs didn’t put us through the usual torture and won with minimal fuss?

Fingers crossed they don’t, and they do

Think Minimal Fuss is crocked.

Feels like a massive crossroads to me. Despite a possible/ probable " best of the rest " finish in the League, there's little or no sense of the feelings created when we were similarly placed under Lenny.

This is, I suspect, partly the result of 15 months ( 15 kin months!!), of non- attendance, but mainly the two disastrous collapses in Semi - Finals already.

Simply put, we trust neither the team nor the Manager to win the must wins. They have the power to change that perception and together we can unite, grow and kick on.

Mon the Hibees

The countdown begins

hail hail !

The countdown begins

hail hail !
Can ye no read it's light rain and moderate breeze.

BIG G

Just watched Jack and Christian on Hibs tV, they sound positive and very up for it. Nissy is fit after an ankle knock kept him out last week.

I have butterflies already, let's do this today Hibs.

I’m not really a fan of Hallberg and I particularly like Gogic for games like because he pushes teams about a bit so that’s a miss for me. But the return to the three-pronged attack is a big boost and I’m hopeful it’ll be too much for Utd.

What channel is it on? Premier sports?

What channel is it on? Premier sports?
Yes mate

Hibs playing a big cup match at Hampden against a smaller club.....what could possibly go wrong ?

First and foremost we have to defend to a much higher standard than we have done in our previous two semi-final defeats this season. Five goals conceded. Nowhere near good enough. With players like Shankland, McNulty and Clark around we will have to be on our guard.

Up front, we are still missing too many chances, and we cannot afford to do that in this game. We need a fully fit Nisbet, Boyle and Doidge playing their top game. We also need to work like trojans in the middle of the park and establish a foothold in the game early on.

As ever in these big games, first goal is crucial.

We are a better team than Dundee United as our league position shows...but then we were a better team than St Johnstone and Hearts...the latter of whom were in a lower league. One-off cup matches are different to ordinary league games, especially at Hampden. Players have to play above their normal game.

Please win Hibs.

1-0 Hibs.
I have had the feeling all week there are goals today , both teams to score in 90 3-2 win hibs 💚🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍷

Just watched Jack and Christian on Hibs tV, they sound positive and very up for it. Nissy is fit after an ankle knock kept him out last week.

I have butterflies already, let's do this today Hibs.
pheww thats a bit of good news

I can’t see this being anything other than a tight contest.
Hibs are the better team, no doubt about it, but we all know that counts for very little unless we perform 🤞🏻
We must take our chances, both semis this season we blew several fantastic opportunities and it came back to bite us hard.

Big test for our defence too, no fannying about, concentrate and clear our lines when required.

No much to choose between potential Gogic replacements. I would put Hallberg in to start, he has done ok when brought on recently. Still not sure about Magennis if I am being honest. If Murphy is fit bring him on when DU are tiring.

I am not predicting the score, I am hoping and hoping some more!

Need a couple of good performances from Newell and Irvine. Don’t think we’ve had the 2 of them play well in the same game yet.

I can’t see this being anything other than a tight contest.
Hibs are the better team, no doubt about it, but we all know that counts for very little unless we perform 🤞🏻
We must take our chances, both semis this season we blew several fantastic opportunities and it came back to bite us hard.

Big test for our defence too, no fannying about, concentrate and clear our lines when required.

No much to choose between potential Gogic replacements. I would put Hallberg in to start, he has done ok when brought on recently. Still not sure about Magennis if I am being honest. If Murphy is fit bring him on when DU are tiring.

I am not predicting the score, I am hoping and hoping some more!
True. This is hibs, we ain’t going to see a straightforward win and will have as many twists and turns as an Irvine Welsh novel

Need a couple of good performances from Newell and Irvine. Don’t think we’ve had the 2 of them play well in the same game yet.
I don't think they compliment each other at all.

Newell for me is a fair weather player. Definitely has talent, but doesn't want to know when we are up against it in games or when the opposition press us. Irvine I think has looked rusty in his time so far due to his long period out. I still hope he signs a new deal because he is a player and we will see the best of him next season. Ross will have to re-shape our midfield for next season anyway.

Last edited:
Penalties.

Penalties.
A distinct possibility, hopefully not.

Penalties are only exciting when it doesn’t involve Hibs.

A distinct possibility, hopefully not.

Penalties are only exciting when it doesn’t involve Hibs.
I don’t think I could take the nerves of watching them. Will give it twenty and see the result after the penalties been taken. Hope we can win it before that stage

Last edited:
3 - 0 to the famous Hibernians, implacably advancing to the Final and Cup bound. Knowing this deep down, has me presently as calm as a toad in the sun.

BIG G

3 - 0 to the famous Hibernians, implacably advancing to the Final and Cup bound. Knowing this deep down, has me presently as calm as a toad in the sun.

BIG G

Came in here to give a big G 3-0 as well

Feeling it today.

Macey & Hallberg start

Macey & Hallberg start

Team?

Macey and Hallberg both start....

What a weak looking bench we have.

Saw it said elsewhere and I agree, would rather have switched Macey out for the league games and brought Rocky in for this and potentially the final if all goes to plan. Ah well, confident of a good performance from the big man in any case

Only surprise for me is the keeper but that’s the team I’d have played

Good to see Murphy on the bench could get a big 20 minute from him

Pies in the oven.Got some Pinot Grigiot.Oooooh!

Get in tae them Hibs!

Let’s get tore in and get to the final! Come on Hibs!!!!

#monhibsdaethesefükkrs

Any decent stream for this, all the ones I know of aren't working.

This thread has been viewed 12571 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back