• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibernian Supporters: Hampden £100k Campaign

Daniel1875

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Hibernian Supporters are encouraging fans to consider donating the cost of their day out at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against St Johnstone to the club via a one off donation to Hibernian Supporters.

The campaign is bold and aims to raise £100,000 for the football budget throughout the month of January, for context this is around five times the amount contributed on a monthly basis.

Supporters who already contribute to Hibernian Supporters can make a one off donation by simply logging in to their account here and scrolling down to the 'Make a One-Off Donation' drop down.

Fans who do not already contribute can make a one-off payment by clicking here and scrolling down to the 'Let's Give to Hibs' section and then clicking the 'Single payments' tab.

Everyone who donates £25 or more throughout the month will be added to the prize draw to win a signed shirt.

The information is on social media (Twitter and Facebook) and every like, share, retweet and link in group chats will go a long way to help us achieve the ambitious goal.

We'll aim to share periodic updates on this thread as the month goes on.

Let's make sure the club benefit from reaching another cup semi final - hopefully we'll have a final to look forward to and a significant sum of money added to the manager's budget by the end of January.

Already signed up?
Click here to log in and scroll to the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to select the amount you'd like to donate

Not signed up?
Click here and scroll to the 'Single payments' tab to make a one-off donation via GoCardless instruction to your bank.

Want to pay by debit/credit card?
Click here to make a one off donation by credit or debit card via Stripe.

Last edited:
Great idea, be difficult to get fans to part with dough currently. Maybe do a deal on Hibs curtains?? Folk can pull them closed round their telly or laptop rather than watch the shite that’s currently being served up.

Where did the £100k figure come from?

has it been discussed with the hibs football department?

has the football department indicated what the money would be earmarked for?*

*this is obviously confidential, and I wouldn’t expect it to be shared, but a statement that the discussion has taken place might go a long way.

Delete and start again when we win a few games. About as much chance o me donating any money from a lotto win. NONE

I'm cancelling my monthly DD. I'm seeing no improvement. Why bother. Livingston have a tenth of our season ticket holders. They've no HSL equivalent. They do OK year in year out.

I’m doubling my monthly DD.
Need to improve on the current mince I’m watching.

:lookaround:

Unfortunately the fundraising efforts of Hibernian Supporters don’t stop or start based on the team’s form.

It’s a tricky one as when things are going well there are inevitably people who don’t think their contributions are required as it’s all going swimmingly.

On the flip side when things aren’t going to plan there’s a feeling that there’s no point donating.

That’s just the nature of football though and naturally everyone is entitled to their own views. Hopefully we can raise a few quid for the club this month and people feel like their hard earned is going to good use.

Cancelled my Direct Debit as soon as the shares were removed. We were donating to own the club. Not so the owner doesn't have to dip into his own pocket.

People want to compete with Aberdeen but people don’t want to contribute to a scheme to get more money in to the club that can help us do so....

Not against donating, but do need to know a little more to what they money is for. Are you asking for money to be donated for that particular day to cover the costs of travel and whatever other expenses are involved? Or are you looking to boost the whole of January income because we are now struggling to get through the month? Or are we looking to make further signings and need help with player budget? It seems a little vague. Perhaps we don't really need to know, but I am a bit of an inquisitive guy, especially when it comes to handing out money

Not against donating, but do need to know a little more to what they money is for. Are you asking for money to be donated for that particular day to cover the costs of travel and whatever other expenses are involved? Or are you looking to boost the whole of January income because we are now struggling to get through the month? Or are we looking to make further signings and need help with player budget? It seems a little vague. Perhaps we don't really need to know, but I am a bit of an inquisitive guy, especially when it comes to handing out money
Putting 2+2 together i’d say it’s for transfers ?

I lobbed £50 in.
Less than I would have spent so I suppose I got a bargain.

It’s a campaign to encourage supporters to consider donating the money they’d otherwise have spent on a day out at Hampden to Hibernian Supporters so we can boost the monthly donation for January, which this month like every month will go towards the football budget.

This is a campaign suggested to us by a number of members and hasn’t come from any request from the club on the back of specific signing targets or any financial issues.

What the ‘cost of the day out’ means to each of us might be different - some fans are donating £25 which may have been the cost of a match ticket while others are donating more than that to cover any travel and food/drinks.

We’ve been at a steady £20,000 a month for a few months now and always looking for new and creative ways to increase the contributions to the club. The transfer windows are the best time for us to increase the noise around Hibernian Supporters which is partly why this campaign comes around in conjunction with a big match this month.

People want to compete with Aberdeen but people don’t want to contribute to a scheme to get more money in to the club that can help us do so....
I don’t think you can compare Aberdeen or hearts schemes with ours - I’m sick of reading that ours is better because it saves on vat. That completely misses point.

Both hearts and Aberdeen schemes offer something in return. Ours once did, now doesn’t, and but for covid donations would be pennies.

HSL needs a plan, a proper focus, and the longer it ambles along aimlessly the more long term damage will be done.

I think we need to be much more determined n our dealings with the club, or they’ll continue to piss all over HSL.

The club have now launched the campaign on the official site and social media.

Let's hope we can get some momentum behind this and raise some useful cash for the football budget that would otherwise have gone in the pockets of the SPFL and spent on trains/buses/pubs in normal times.

Not for me. They squander too much. 100K to sign someone pish like Drey Wright or that's unfit and constantly injured like Murphy or Magennis?

Maybe we should look at Livingston and try and get value for money.

It's a pandemic where folk like me are struggling. Embarrassing that Hibs are officially pushing this. Cheeky bastard's actually.

Sorry but it's true.

I don’t think you can compare Aberdeen or hearts schemes with ours - I’m sick of reading that ours is better because it saves on vat. That completely misses point.

Both hearts and Aberdeen schemes offer something in return. Ours once did, now doesn’t, and but for covid donations would be pennies.

HSL needs a plan, a proper focus, and the longer it ambles along aimlessly the more long term damage will be done.

I think we need to be much more determined n our dealings with the club, or they’ll continue to piss all over HSL.

To me the Aberdeen offering is what Hibs should be looking at doing. It seems to have a “join the club” kind of feel to it, as they offer things that football fans want (discounts on season tickets, shirts, etc.). Whereas HSL has the completely wrong tone and comes across as more begging for hand outs, with very little offered in return.

I’ve not mentioned Hearts as what they are doing is so fundamentally different. Aberdeen is more comparable for a number of reasons, and they seem to be getting the offering right.

To me the Aberdeen offering is what Hibs should be looking at doing. It seems to have a “join the club” kind of feel to it, as they offer things that football fans want (discounts on season tickets, shirts, etc.). Whereas HSL has the completely wrong tone and comes across as more begging for hand outs, with very little offered in return.

I’ve not mentioned Hearts as what they are doing is so fundamentally different. Aberdeen is more comparable for a number of reasons, and they seem to be getting the offering right.
I think AberDNA and HSL are different things. HSL is a 15.4% shareholder in the club and since Ron Gordon’s decision re shares it has been to date the only vehicle available to fans who wish to contribute financially to Hibs over and above the usual ticket/merch costs.

Covid has hit and Hibernian Supporters continues to offer fans a platform to help out with no other membership scheme available.

If Ron Gordon and Hibs decide to create a club membership scheme more aligned to AberDNA or MyGers then that’s for them to do, but in the meantime (and with limited resources at the club to set up and then run such a scheme) Hibernian Supporters continues to be there to provide additional funds to the football club.

If the time comes that Hibs have a club-run membership scheme then it’s likely some people who currently donate to HSL will stop and join it but in the meantime those who donate to Hibernian Supporters are continuing to help.

Hibernian Supporters will also need to have an AGM when the dust settles post Covid and at that meeting it will be up to members to decide what they want HS to be/do going forward.

For now there’s no sign of a club membership scheme so we hope fans in a position to contribute will consider supporting the Hampden £100k campaign.

Not for me. They squander too much. 100K to sign someone pish like Drey Wright or that's unfit and constantly injured like Murphy or Magennis?

It's a pandemic where folk like me are struggling. Embarrassing that Hibs are officially pushing this. Cheeky bastard's actually.

Sorry but it's true.
I put in £50 but told them I’d gone halfers with you.

Your rep is fucked.

Sorry but it's true.

Was Drey Wright a 100k signing? Thought he had left St Johnstone before we signed him

Was Drey Wright a 100k signing? Thought he had left St Johnstone before we signed him
No the 100K is the figure they're looking to raise. My point is to raise 100K from fans already contributing plenty for it to be squandered on keek like the aforementioned....

Donated.

Sorry but it's true.

I'd say if your struggling for money stop your DD dude, family and your living comes first. But when people stop cos of bad form, certain players playing or not playing then it seems huffy and pathetic. But it's also within your right.

I'd say if your struggling for money stop your DD dude, family and your living comes first. But when people stop cos of bad form, certain players playing or not playing then it seems huffy and pathetic. But it's also within your right.
I think most who could and don’t donate just don’t buy into the current vision for HSL - certainly the case for me, and I don’t want to speak for smurf but I think that might be at the root of his stance as well.

Im always looking for ways to give Hibs money, but I draw the line at treating them like a charity. In fact, I’d go as far to say that it’s the complete polar opposite of what the club was set up for.

The club have now launched the campaign on the official site and social media.

Let's hope we can get some momentum behind this and raise some useful cash for the football budget that would otherwise have gone in the pockets of the SPFL and spent on trains/buses/pubs in normal times.

Absolute disgrace that the club are asking fans for more money.It is a disgrace as they give the fans nothing back.I think the club is a joke just now.

Because people have a different opinion does not make them pathetic or huffy.

Absolute disgrace that the club are asking fans for more money.It is a disgrace as they give the fans nothing back.I think the club is a joke just now.
The club aren’t asking anyone for money, they’re simply advertising a Hibernian Supporters initiative which has been designed, marketed and run voluntarily by fans.

Hibernian Supporters is doing as it has done since the start of the season and looking for ways to boost club finances while there’s no fans at the stadium.

The club would normally benefit financially from making the semi finals of a national competition and they’re going to miss out on cash due to the pandemic - this campaign is allowing fans to donate what they’d otherwise spend on a trip to Hampden if they are in a position to do so.

The club aren’t asking anyone for money, they’re simply advertising a Hibernian Supporters initiative which has been designed, marketed and run voluntarily by fans.

Hibernian Supporters is doing as it has done since the start of the season and looking for ways to boost club finances while there’s no fans at the stadium.

The club would normally benefit financially from making the semi finals of a national competition and they’re going to miss out on cash due to the pandemic - this campaign is allowing fans to donate what they’d otherwise spend on a trip to Hampden if they are in a position to do so.
Ok

So you want us to donate to a day out at Hampden that doesn't exist?I thought I was psychotic?

So you want us to donate to a day out at Hampden that doesn't exist?I thought I was psychotic?
The idea is donate what you might have spent at Hampden in normal circumstances, with all funds being added to the January HS contribution to the club.

Whats the running total?

Whats the running total?
Should have an update tomorrow Jamie.

In the meantime there’s a campaign video on social media now for easy sharing for those so inclined. It’s also on Facebook.

Folks if anyone is having difficulty making a payment please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help.

A reminder of ways to contribute below:

Already signed up?
Click here to log in and scroll to the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to select the amount you'd like to donate

Not signed up?
Click here and scroll to the 'Single payments' tab to make a one-off donation via GoCardless instruction to your bank.

Want to pay by debit/credit card?
Click here to make a one off donation by credit or debit card via Stripe.

Donation made

The current donation total for January sits at £5131.

Having spoken with Jim the one-off donations can take 5 working days to clear, therefore the figure so far is largely made up of regular DD payments.

Hopefully next week we’ll have a better idea of the running total with some of the one-off payments starting to filter through.

The updates here and the sharing on social media are all helping us massively - we’ve got a great chance to make a significant difference this month.

The latest total for January is £10,272.

Thanks to North East Scotland Hibs who have kindly contributed £100 to the campaign on behalf of their branch today.

We’ll keep the updates coming every few days - as previously stated there’s a bit of lag between making a payment on the website and the info filtering through so please bear with us.

Thanks as always for the ongoing support.

Last edited:
The latest total for January is £10,272.

Thanks to North East Scotland Hibs who have kindly contributed £100 to the campaign on behalf of their branch today.

We’ll keep the updates coming every few days - as previously stated there a bit of lag between making a payment on the website and the info filtering through so please bear with us.

Thanks as always for the ongoing support.
Thanks for the updates. Not an easy task you have in current times for many reasons.

Every penny counts and could end up a decent contribution towards the 4 month deal for Irvine.

Last edited:
Thable for the updates. Not an easy task you have in current times for many reasons.

Every penny counts and could end up a decent contribution towards the 4 month deal for Irvine.
I wonder how many minutes we will get for the investment? Maybe worth a sweep? Might raise a few quid from the 11,500 season ticket holders who need to increase their HSL contributions.... ?

Chucked in £25
for Wrights bus back to Perth ???

The latest figure is £14,264. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far this month.

How to donate:

Already signed up? bit.ly/hampden100k1

Not signed up? bit.ly/hampden100k2

Pay by card? bit.ly/hampden100k3

This thread has been viewed 8583 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back