• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibernian FC AGM...

The share ownership model hasn’t been abandoned for charity donations instead.

There are no shares available and members came forward and asked HSL to provide a wa for fans who wanted to donate money during the pandemic to do so.

It’s up to the members to decide where the money goes and what it’s spent on - once there’s an AGM/members meeting that’ll continue to be the case going forward.

When is the agm again Daniel?

Will there be a vote among members for the HSL rep on board then?

When is the agm again Daniel?
It’s been in the offing for a while. Waiting on the club to make a decision re their board appointments before HSL can call an AGM I believe. The two Hibs appointments on the HSL board (Leeann Dempster & Stephen Dunn) are yet to be replaced.

It’s likely once this is done the legal AGM will just be done by proxy to pass the accounts with a view to having a proper meeting when restrictions allow, which would then be the opportunity to discuss what members want to happen going forward.

Will there be a vote among members for the HSL rep on board then?
If there’s a rep from HSL on the Hibs board (I’ve no idea if that’s RG’s plan) then it will be up to HSL members to decide who that person is.

I think the HSL articles of association state any nominee standing for a position on the Hibs board would also need to be one of the elected directors of HSL - but all directors of Hibernian Supporters need to be voted on to the board by members in the first place.

First of all a big thank you for all the updates and reports from todays AGM. I usually go along to these things every year as a long time shareholder but I was otherwise occupied today and couldn't watch online.

Reading all the reports it sounds very encouraging for our club. IMO we are in very good hands at the moment and in Ron Gordon we have a very ambitious and forward thinking owner who sees the potential of this great club and is determined to fully realise that potential. As an American businessmen he will know more than anybody how important it is in business to give the customers what they want and more besides. In the USA the customer comes first every time. Keep them happy and they will come back for more. His new board of directors look and sound extremely professional and very competent. It remains to be seen how things will play out in the next few years but the signs are extremely encouraging and I am very excited about the plans and projections for our club.

The fall-out from Covid will be the determining factor in the next year or so. We absolutely must sell at least the same amount of season tickets as we did last year, but it has to be said this is going to be very difficult to achieve. Lots of fans have lost their jobs in the last year and even more will be struggling financially. They are going to have to market the sale of season tickets very well in order for this to be a success. When we still don't know when we are going to be allowed to go back to Easter Road to see our team play, season tickets are going to be a very difficult sell.

From a football side of things, I found it interesting that Jack Ross says he is happy with a smaller squad of quality, but he is looking for another striker and a left-sided attacking player as he feels we are short in that area. I thought that was what Jamie Murphy was supposed to be ?, however he possibly feels he needs more competition there. I certainly agree with him that we need another striker. I also feel central defence is a part of the team we are going to have to strengthen. I hope Ryan Porteous is still a Hibs player next season, but I think there will be serious interest in him as well as Nisbet, Boyle and Doig over the summer. He says he wants to offer Matt Macey a new deal, that tells me he wants him to be our number 1 for next season.

Don't want to put a downer on things, but if we are playing in Europe next season then it will be a Thursday/Sunday match situation till about December. With a smallish squad that means it is going to be difficult to emulate the success of our league campaign of this season. Personally I think we need to increase the size of our squad if we are going to cope.

I think the appointment of the new CEO in the next month or so will be really important especially If they are given the same level of power and authority that Leeann Dempster had. I'm very interested to see what changes will take place at the club over the summer.

Overall, we have clearly been damaged by Covid financially as has every club, but it certainly looks like we are going to come through it better than most and that is very reassuring. Let's just seal third spot and prepare for our European journey.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Out of towners should get a discount for the same reason then lol

Actually think that could be a good idea. I'm a member of a drinking place in London and if you're more than 70 miles away you get a discount on annual fees.

Given that nowadays they ought to be able to tell if you're transferring the tickets, it might make sense to offer 30% off or something if you're more than a certain distance from ER.

Thanks for updates. Received letter this morning. Better late than never I guess.
Not that I understand any of it .....

Actually think that could be a good idea. I'm a member of a drinking place in London and if you're more than 70 miles away you get a discount on annual fees.

Given that nowadays they ought to be able to tell if you're transferring the tickets, it might make sense to offer 30% off or something if you're more than a certain distance from ER.

Sack that, penalised for being local.

I get that out of towners might miss some games, but my seat isn't worth more than yours because you possibly might miss a game.
I dont think I'd renew if that came about.

I get that out of towners might miss some games, but my seat isn't worth more than yours because you possibly might miss a game.

Aye I’m with you on that. The club should make it easier for people who can’t make a game to transfer or sell on the ticket.

Aye I’m with you on that. The club should make it easier for people who can’t make a game to transfer or sell on the ticket.

The club can only sell on the ticket if the demand is there.
For info porpoises, I feel the demand is only there for the perverts and the biggots. - 6 games.

I dinnae think clubs are really aware how amazing Season Ticket holders are!

Fair point. I think I'd allow the full price tickets to choose seats first. The point would be to get people who wouldn't get one normally to consider it, thereby having more ST holders, not push up the prices for locals. But maybe it'd be unworkable.

70 miles; it's a long drive home if you're pished.

In all seriousness though, golf clubs take on country members who pay less for fees as they live 40 miles away from the club and are assumed to be likely to play less often.

70 miles; it's a long drive home if you're pished.

In all seriousness though, golf clubs take on country members who pay less for fees as they live 40 miles away from the club and are assumed to be likely to play less often.

To be fair I think you're supposed to take the train home. Or crash out at a mate's!

I guess with drinking clubs and golf clubs there's a capacity issue so it's worth allowing in more people who will come less often, if that makes sense. Two guys who play (or get pissed) once a week are literally the same for the club's usage as a guy who plays twice a week. That's not the case with football matches in quite the same way.

Reactions: Dub
Good news that KP is staying on, mind.
@Power you said somewhere that there would not be a representative replacement for Tracey Smith because of minority abuse, which was probably caused by sad masoginists, knowing that they would not get a deserved punch in the puss. That unfortunate, totally unacceptable episode happened in 2019 and were no reason for not having an election. What was the Board's reasons for not having a vote to backfill that position elected by Hibernian Supporters.
If as seems from what I have read that the two democratically elected Supporters representative positions will disappear it is definitely a step backwards in my opinion.
I suspect that is little being said about this here and elsewhere, a) because Hibs are in a great position in the League and b) because following your splendid performance, youre still there in some capacity. Fingers cannot be pointed at Supporters like they were regarding the Loyalty Points fiasco, as the Hibernian Supporters who voted, overwhelmingly and correctly backed you.

BIG G

Last edited:
@Power you said somewhere that there would not be a representative replacement for Tracey Smith because of minority abuse, which was probably caused by sad masoginists, knowing that they would not get a deserved punch in the puss. That unfortunate, totally unacceptable episode happened in 2019 and were no reason for not having an election. What was the Board's reasons for not having a vote to backfill that position elected by Hibernian Supporters.
If as seems from what I have read that the two democratically elected Supporters representative positions will disappear it is definitely a step backwards in my opinion.
I suspect that is little being said about this here and elsewhere, a) because Hibs are in a great position in the League and b) because following your splendid performance, youre still there in some capacity. Fingers cannot be pointed at Supporters like they were regarding the Loyalty Points fiasco, as the Hibernian Supporters who voted, overwhelmingly and correctly backed you.

BIG G
Fair question G. Supporting, backing and recognising HSL as a Supporter movement has been highlighted 3 times in my time on the board on behalf of supporters. Within the AGM yesterday there were two very specific call outs on that subject too:
- Specific mention of thanks to HSL members/contributors
- When will HSL be given a seat on the board of directors?

The move towards HSL having a member voted for on the board is a nod towards that recognition of contribution. They will be representing the voice of Hibernian supporters on the board, not just the members. New direction and one to be tested (remains to be seen if it’s backwards or forwards but I know if it’s the former we’ll no be shy saying so. I’ve confidence in the club that they would recognise and change too) - is it a permanent change? No.

Certainly an interesting development and position - one to see how it goes.

As mentioned above, I don’t see my remit changing (other than no longer being in view of confidential/sensitive information) - I want the best for supporters and making sure we have a role to play in creative thinking & ideas and helping with decision making at the club (proactive rather than reactive).

I’m now entering the element of unknown again but I’ll work away much in the same fashion, doing what we would all do, which is go through a brick wa’ for the club and its supporters.

So why should 12 or 13 year olds pay more because they might potentially not miss some games ? Its a season ticket afterall

Fair question G. Supporting, backing and recognising HSL as a Supporter movement has been highlighted 3 times in my time on the board on behalf of supporters. Within the AGM yesterday there were two very specific call outs on that subject too:

The move towards HSL having a member voted for on the board is a nod towards that recognition of contribution. They will be representing the voice of Hibernian supporters on the board, not just the members. New direction and one to be tested (remains to be seen if it’s backwards or forwards but I know if it’s the former we’ll no be shy saying so. I’ve confidence in the club that they would recognise and change too) - is it a permanent change? No.

As mentioned above, I don’t see my remit changing (other than no longer being in view of confidential/sensitive information) - I want the best for supporters and making sure we have a role to play in creative thinking & ideas and helping with decision making at the club (proactive rather than reactive).

I’m now entering the element of unknown again but I’ll work away much in the same fashion, doing what we would all do, which is go through a brick wa’ for the club and its supporters.
Good luck to you if those working together meetings ever return. 🙈

A question for those advocating a reduced rate for out of town members.

When they're probably spending over £100 to get to a game anyway with travel, food, booze, a Happy Hibee ticket etc would a few quid off the match ticket price make the difference between going or not?

Probably not.

We’ve gone from 2 elected supporters reps and 1 hsl board member when we’d contributed 25% to 1 hsl board member doing all 3.

one to watch indeed.

Id be interested to know what the donations from
HSL would be worth in terms of the share transfer agreement, would it have taken them to 25%?

Alarm bells for me that HSL are going to be representing the fans interests on the board.

So why should 12 or 13 year olds pay more because they might potentially not miss some games ? Its a season ticket afterall

I think the age break is pretty nonsense tbh.
Should be kids, students, adults.
Disabled and carers are different too.

But realistically, all the other examples in here... whisky clubs and golf clubs etc.. are completely different experiences than sitting in a stadium watching a sport. I mean.. you go to play golf, not watch it.

I dont think i should pay more for a full season ticket, than someone who comes from Glasgow or Aberdeen to watch Hibs.
Might be an incentive for those who do stay further away, but it would also encourage the folk who only turn up for so many games and share their ticket with friends etc.

I'm not into it at all.

A question for those advocating a reduced rate for out of town members.

When they're probably spending over £100 to get to a game anyway with travel, food, booze, a Happy Hibee ticket etc would a few quid off the match ticket price make the difference between going or not?

Probably not.
no not at all

Reactions: Zab
I think the age break is pretty nonsense tbh.
Should be kids, students, adults.
Disabled and carers are different too.

But realistically, all the other examples in here... whisky clubs and golf clubs etc.. are completely different experiences than sitting in a stadium watching a sport. I mean.. you go to play golf, not watch it.

I dont think i should pay more for a full season ticket, than someone who comes from Glasgow or Aberdeen to watch Hibs.
Might be an incentive for those who do stay further away, but it would also encourage the folk who only turn up for so many games and share their ticket with friends etc.

I'm not into it at all.
can't argue with any of that

Reactions: Zab
I thought, when the accounts came out, a loss of £1.2m wasn't a bad result in the circumstances.

Given we've got around £2m coming in from the business disruption insurance to offset that loss it's an even better result although the net position won't really be known, by us the punters, until this year's accounts are published.

All in all a decent result although a tiny wee bit tainted by the news that the sheep had similar insurance to us. We could do with any advantage over them that we can get.

I thought, when the accounts came out, a loss of £1.2m wasn't a bad result in the circumstances.

Given we've got around £2m coming in from the business disruption insurance to offset that loss it's an even better result although the net position won't really be known, by us the punters, until this year's accounts are published.

All in all a decent result although a tiny wee bit tainted by the news that the sheep had similar insurance to us. We could do with any advantage over them that we can get.

Similar but not as strong or as long.

Does anyone know if hearts have the same insurance?

Not sure we'll have it going forward, I guess the premiums are going to increase faster than hearts wage bill.

Similar but not as strong or as long.
Good. As I said any advantage we can get is useful.

Thanks for helping out my non Internet pal the other day (initials AC about his shares) he really was impressed!

Does anyone know if hearts have the same insurance?

Not sure we'll have it going forward, I guess the premiums are going to increase faster than hearts wage bill.
They had a choice, insurance or pay Dundee United compo for Scruffy.... silly *&*^😉

CapEx Investments

• Big screens and ER
  • Enhanced Stadium Look and Feel
  • Invest in Kiosk
  • Hospitality Improvements
  • Refurbish Pitch
Hibs looking at peaches :o

Indeed. FYI @Zab Maybe be less quick to adopt such a patronising tone.

Our next AGM meeting will be taking place at Easter Road this spring.

Shareholder's that have changed address since our last meeting, or wanting to ensure the correct address is on our records, can email finance@hibernianfc.co.uk ✅

15% sell on for john mcginn

30% to st mirren
That’s helpful. So if he moves for £50M we trouser 7.5 and have to give st Mirren 2.2

They’ll be out their face on jellies fur years

Our next AGM meeting will be taking place at Easter Road this spring.

Shareholder's that have changed address since our last meeting, or wanting to ensure the correct address is on our records, can email finance@hibernianfc.co.uk ✅
I’ve done that three times.
I’ll check and see if they have done it this time.

A bit off topic but can you still buy shares in the club? And how can you do this? Know a good Hibby that's interested.

I’m the same! I’ll do it too.

A bit off topic but can you still buy shares in the club? And how can you do this? Know a good Hibby that's interested.
That’s an interesting question which I suspect @Power will be able to answer definitively.

However, when RG took over he advised that no share transactions would be approved. Specifically in relation to the agreement that HSL had there was the knock on implication.

However confirmation statement was filed last month with changes. What they are I never checked but I’d be intrigued.

No shares available for purchase currently.

Me too, will try again now.

That’s helpful. So if he moves for £50M we trouser 7.5 and have to give st Mirren 2.2

They’ll be out their face on jellies fur years

SJM will go for closer to £75M I recon. If Deli Ali is going for £40M potentially with add ons, John's worth double that.

This thread has been viewed 11682 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back