• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 0 Dundee United - Scottish Cup Semi Final

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Another weekend, another big game, ooohhh to be a Hibby at the moment, it's roller coaster. This time it's Dundee United, the club ashamed to keep the fine name of Hibernian, after originally being founded by a Hibby who had moved to Dundee to open a bike shop. It won't be easy at Easter Road West, Mickey Lemon is slowly making his mark on this team, capably assisted by his mustachioed brother Keith. In Shankland, McNulty and the son of Sandy Clark, who has the misfortune to play for the Big Huns, the diet Huns and the Errdray Huns, they have goalscorers, we will have to be very, very careful.

We are a bit bare bones, the team almost picks itself give or take a Jack tweak or injury. I thought we were rotten against St Johnstone and we will have to be at the top of our game to see of the Ingin Peh Eaters frae Circle City.

Nothing at all about the game on Hibs Fishy website, a Scottish Cup Semi Final tae, good heavens. The game is live on Premier Sports, kick off 4pm on Saturday efty. NIghtmare if ye dinnae have hooky telly, but you can purchase one months viewing of Premier for £12.99 to see the game.

Team wise, I expect newly signed up Matt Macey to replace Rocky and Melker to replace Alex Gogic. I hope to christ Nissy is fit.

So what I think the team might look like?

Macey will be in goals, its his reward from sticking with us.

A back four of McGinn, Porto, Hanlon and Doig, I cannae see that change.

Joe Newell sitting deep, Irvine and Hallberg up and down

The front triumvirate of Boyler, Nissy and Doidgey, should be enough to see Unitit off. Failure is not an option.

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!

Excited for this one, got a good feeling already. If Hibs perform as we've seen them do at times this season Utd won't get a sniff no matter how well they play

No inside knowledge, but I think JR will tweak the team. With Gogic out, I'm not sure he will see Hallberg as a straight swap.
Murphy may be available?
Daz had a blinder against Utd at Tannadeechy.
Magennis?
I would go with the OPs team, but I think there could well be a couple of changes.

Get at them from the first kick.
No messing about.

Weather is forecast to be horrendous, bit of a leveller. Just get stuck in, Hibs

I think Magennis is as likely as Hallberg, but he'll have to show something.

Other than that, I agree on all points.

Time to step up when it matters.

Excited and nervous in equal measure. If we play to our best ability, we should win. But this is hibs and things seldom go to how it should be on paper. I didn’t see the quarter final tie with them but although Aberdeen are not the side they were a few seasons ago, the fact that Dundee United beat them so convincingly made me sit up and take notice. Could go all the way this one and expect a fraught afternoon on Saturday.

I think we are going to turn up fir this!!!
saying no more 💚

I hope he plays Rocky who I feel is our best goalkeeper. I'm not always for experience but he's an experienced internationalist and for me we have to play our strongest team.

I too hope and pray Nisbet is fit.

Hibs! Hibs! Hibs for the cup! 💚

Any codes?

Bit nervous already just get the job done Hibs

Any codes?
No just dress how you like 😁

Have Hibs ever went into a Scottish semi final before and deliberately not played their best team when everyone has been available.😡😡.

Goalkeepers can make a huge difference in cup semi-finals where years of experience built up over time and the ability to raise your game can make that extra difference to the whole team and if any club should know this then recent history tells you it surely must be us. 🤔

I know he is going to do it but it just feels the wrong choice😥.

Fortunately we are still the stronger team in all areas of the park from defense, to midfield and in attack.✅

The first goal is vital as we don't want to have to chase the game as we are going to have nothing on the bench but we shouldn't need to as we are a far better team than Dundee Utd and we have started very well in many games this season and just need to maintain this attitude and keep concentration and start positively and with purpose.✅

There should also be a lot of self confidence in the Hibs team already from previous games between the sides this season as we rarely concede and were very comfortable in the two away fixtures so Hibs to win 2:1 in the 90 mins🤔✅

Edit 2:0 and you can say "Getitrightupye N telt you so"😉

Last edited:
Have Hibs ever went into a Scottish semi final before and deliberately not played their best team when everyone has been available.😡😡.

Goalkeepers can make a huge difference in cup semi-finals where years of experience built up over time and the ability to raise your game can make that extra difference to the whole team and if any club should know this then recent history tells you it surely must be us. 🤔

I would like to counter with Conrad Logan.
Oxley wasn't available for the semi, but he was for the final, and Conrad was rewarded with the gloves.
Granted, he was given game time between the semi and the final, but he came off the couch and became an icon in an afternoon.
Legend not long after.

Thats our recent history yano 😁

I would like to counter with Conrad Logan.
Oxley wasn't available for the semi, but he was for the final, and Conrad was rewarded with the gloves.
Granted, he was given game time between the semi and the final, but he came off the couch and became an icon in an afternoon.
Legend not long after.

Thats our recent history yano 😁
“Came off the couch”
:lauff:

I know he is going to do it but it just feels the wrong choice😥.

Fortunately we are still the stronger team in all areas of the park from defense, to midfield and in attack.✅

The first goal is vital as we don't want to have to chase the game as we are going to have nothing on the bench but we shouldn't need to as we are a far better team than Dundee Utd and we have started very well in many games this season and just need to maintain this attitude and keep concentration and start positively and with purpose.✅

There should also be a lot of self confidence in the Hibs team already from previous games between the sides this season as we rarely concede and were very comfortable in the two away fixtures so Hibs to win 2:1 in the 90 mins🤔✅

Edit 2:0 and you can say "Getitrightupye N telt you so"😉

Doesn’t exactly answer your question but remember Lennon made the astonishing decision to play laidlaw not Marciano in a semi at hampden which backfired spectacularly..

Doesn’t exactly answer your question but remember Lennon made the astonishing decision to play laidlaw not Marciano in a semi at hampden which backfired spectacularly..

Right enough its not so rare for Hibs to go with the unexpected choice as Laidlaw ahead of Rocky was really left field and Oxley hadn't had a bad season though Logan had all the momentum.

I know Andy McNeil had a bit of a run in the team but I wonder who he was up against back in the days of the Kilmarnock league cup final as he was so young but that turned out to be a great choice.✅.

Picking Macey ahead of Rocky isnt a terrible dilemma for the manager to have but I don't like the fact he telegraphed it and boxed himself into a corner.🤔

mind when Mcleish left latapy oot.
understand the circumstances but I'd have played him.
Any remote chance we had in that game went oot the windae.

mind when Mcleish left latapy oot.
understand the circumstances but I'd have played him.
Any remote chance we had in that game went oot the windae.

He was too busy stitching us up to care.

Nervous about the game

it’s there for the taking and another shot at glory

Hibs playing a big cup match at Hampden against a smaller club.....what could possibly go wrong ?

First and foremost we have to defend to a much higher standard than we have done in our previous two semi-final defeats this season. Five goals conceded. Nowhere near good enough. With players like Shankland, McNulty and Clark around we will have to be on our guard.

Up front, we are still missing too many chances, and we cannot afford to do that in this game. We need a fully fit Nisbet, Boyle and Doidge playing their top game. We also need to work like trojans in the middle of the park and establish a foothold in the game early on.

As ever in these big games, first goal is crucial.

We are a better team than Dundee United as our league position shows...but then we were a better team than St Johnstone and Hearts...the latter of whom were in a lower league. One-off cup matches are different to ordinary league games, especially at Hampden. Players have to play above their normal game.

Please win Hibs.

1-0 Hibs.

Last edited:
Ok I’ll go with a prediction, 2-1 Hibs

Last weekend was an all round rotten performance, hopefully that’s it out of the system.

It’s time for this team to turn up when it counts, they absolutely must win tomorrow.

Hampden is a big pitch, so playing with high tempo and plenty width will give us the best opportunity to win.

Team for me should be:
Macey
McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Newell Irvine Doig
Doidge Nisbet

I hope Murphy is on the bench, he’s about the only “game changing” sub we have currently.

I think he might play Stevenson in for the suspended Gogic

I get the impression he doesn’t fancy Hallberg

Their fans have turned up at Tannadice again today

Itching for this now. Cmon Hibees

Anybody have premier ?
I’ll be on hesgoal tomorrow

Any others ?

Weather is forecast to be horrendous, bit of a leveller. Just get stuck in, Hibs
Looks alright today. Don't know what it's like in the Weedge?

Looks alright today. Don't know what it's like in the Weedge?
Weather is to be terrible

sunny now though

Anybody have premier ?

Any others ?
I got Premier for a previous match can't remember which one?I believe the month contract hasn't run out?

Anybody have premier ?

Any others ?
IPTV.

Hibs playing a big cup match at Hampden against a smaller club.....what could possibly go wrong ?

First and foremost we have to defend to a much higher standard than we have done in our previous two semi-final defeats this season. Five goals conceded. Nowhere near good enough. With players like Shankland, McNulty and Clark around we will have to be on our guard.

Up front, we are still missing too many chances, and we cannot afford to do that in this game. We need a fully fit Nisbet, Boyle and Doidge playing their top game. We also need to work like trojans in the middle of the park and establish a foothold in the game early on.

As ever in these big games, first goal is crucial.

We are a better team than Dundee United as our league position shows...but then we were a better team than St Johnstone and Hearts...the latter of whom were in a lower league. One-off cup matches are different to ordinary league games, especially at Hampden. Players have to play above their normal game.

Please win Hibs.

1-0 Hibs.
Are United a smaller club? Maybe in revenue?

Anybody have premier ?

Any others ?
took premier on virgin , will cancel after 30 days

Any team news yet from both camps?

Stocktaking this weekend so no chance of seeing it.
Might try and hijack the projector 🙄

Are United a smaller club? Maybe in revenue?
In every single respect they are a smaller club than Hibs.

We're due a performance. I think we'll pump them raw

I always think of Scottish football as the gruesome twosome then the next band down is us, gunts and Aberdeen

I always think of Scottish football as the gruesome twosome then the next band down is us, gunts and Aberdeen
That's it...

And there is absolutely nothing between those three clubs in terms of size and status in scottish football.

Except in terms of European performance on their CV. European Cup semi final, which we have, and Uefa Cup final, which we don't.

This thread has been viewed 12571 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back