Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 0 Dundee United - Scottish Cup Semi Final

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Dundee Utd were awful last week too so may not be coming into this high on confidence. I think their defence is weak imo. We need to be quick and direct and we could make this a really difficult game for them. Our squad have experience of playing big matches especially at Hampden. I'd like a 3-0 Hibs but I'd be grateful just for a win to be honest.

Uncy

Well-Known Radge
Feels like a massive crossroads to me. Despite a possible/ probable " best of the rest " finish in the League, there's little or no sense of the feelings created when we were similarly placed under Lenny.

This is, I suspect, partly the result of 15 months ( 15 kin months!!), of non- attendance, but mainly the two disastrous collapses in Semi - Finals already.

Simply put, we trust neither the team nor the Manager to win the must wins. They have the power to change that perception and together we can unite, grow and kick on.

Mon the Hibees

HenryLB

Donator
I’m not really a fan of Hallberg and I particularly like Gogic for games like because he pushes teams about a bit so that’s a miss for me. But the return to the three-pronged attack is a big boost and I’m hopeful it’ll be too much for Utd.

Boo

Just A Radge
Hibs playing a big cup match at Hampden against a smaller club.....what could possibly go wrong ?

First and foremost we have to defend to a much higher standard than we have done in our previous two semi-final defeats this season. Five goals conceded. Nowhere near good enough. With players like Shankland, McNulty and Clark around we will have to be on our guard.

Up front, we are still missing too many chances, and we cannot afford to do that in this game. We need a fully fit Nisbet, Boyle and Doidge playing their top game. We also need to work like trojans in the middle of the park and establish a foothold in the game early on.

As ever in these big games, first goal is crucial.

We are a better team than Dundee United as our league position shows...but then we were a better team than St Johnstone and Hearts...the latter of whom were in a lower league. One-off cup matches are different to ordinary league games, especially at Hampden. Players have to play above their normal game.

Please win Hibs.

1-0 Hibs.
I have had the feeling all week there are goals today , both teams to score in 90 3-2 win hibs 💚🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍷

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
I can’t see this being anything other than a tight contest.
Hibs are the better team, no doubt about it, but we all know that counts for very little unless we perform 🤞🏻
We must take our chances, both semis this season we blew several fantastic opportunities and it came back to bite us hard.

Big test for our defence too, no fannying about, concentrate and clear our lines when required.

No much to choose between potential Gogic replacements. I would put Hallberg in to start, he has done ok when brought on recently. Still not sure about Magennis if I am being honest. If Murphy is fit bring him on when DU are tiring.

I am not predicting the score, I am hoping and hoping some more!

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
I can’t see this being anything other than a tight contest.
Hibs are the better team, no doubt about it, but we all know that counts for very little unless we perform 🤞🏻
We must take our chances, both semis this season we blew several fantastic opportunities and it came back to bite us hard.

Big test for our defence too, no fannying about, concentrate and clear our lines when required.

No much to choose between potential Gogic replacements. I would put Hallberg in to start, he has done ok when brought on recently. Still not sure about Magennis if I am being honest. If Murphy is fit bring him on when DU are tiring.

I am not predicting the score, I am hoping and hoping some more!
True. This is hibs, we ain’t going to see a straightforward win and will have as many twists and turns as an Irvine Welsh novel

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here