• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Match Updates!: Hibernian 0 V 3 Livingston

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Yes, we go again, this time we are at hme to Livingston on Saturday, with a 3pm kick off, live on Hibs Pass for season ticket holders, PPV for non seasons and Hibs TV for the internationalists! The fugly hun boy will be joined by Garry O'Connor and Sporting Director Graeme Mathie.

I hope to Sauzee we are better than that car crash on Wednesday and I expect to see changes. Rocky, Murph and Stevie Mallan are fit and ready, I hope all three start, I doubt that will be so, Jack is too conservative that kinda cairy oan. Livingston have improved under Martindale, not quite a crack outfit yet, but they line up well and its always nice to see Barts back at his old joint. Tough game, it will be cold with the ice, snow and frost.

The Team, starting with a 3 5 1 1

I expect Rocky back in goals.

Paul McGinn as ever.

Porto, please cut out the awfy passes son.

Paul, man up, you had been doing so well but too many errors and too much panic sneaking back into your game.

I would stick with Josh Doig, I felt he was one of our better players on Wednesday and was baffled when he was taken off.

Joe Newell, Hibs best player.

A return of Alex Gogic.

A return too of Jamie Murray.

More creativity back with Mallan back in behind the strikers.

Boyler, try and a beat a man and stick in a good cross will ye pal?

Nissy, get a goal son, get your head straight again.

Thoughts, mine are I doubt Jack would make that manay changes.

Hibernian Forever.

Last edited:
The least I expect is a reaction.
The right attitude ,and we will win.

If Rocky Mallan and Murphy are fit and ready tae start why were none of them subs against County?
We need a , dare I say it, Yogi type in the dressing room tae get these players motivated. Hopefully getting a few players back will gi them a kick up the erse and get rid of the complacency that’s settled in recently. Or Mibbes it’s just been a one off every *&*^ lost form game and we’ll scud Livi by a Big G. Mon Hibs, Gi us fans a wee bit hope for the new year?

Don't think that's enough changes tbh.
We just don't the bodies to reasonably make anymore.

Its a 3 o'clock job though, we're better at 3.

We need a reaction from the players after a poor performance and result on Wednesday night.

In our first match of 2021, let's do as we mean to go on this year and vastly improve our home form and results. That should be on Jack Ross's report card as well. He has done a good job so far and Hibs are a better team than they were a year ago, but much work still needs to be done.

Livi have won six games on the trot under Martindale. That run won't go on much longer, and we have to end it tomorrow. Please for once start well in this game Hibs, take the game to the opposition who should be shitting themselves facing Hibs at Easter Road instead of relishing it. Get the first goal and for once push on for more goals. Dominate possession as we should always do at Easter Road.

A break follows after this game, and after a very hectic schedule it's needed. I think it's Celtic away after that, so it's vital we beat Livingston.

2-1 Hibs.

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Gogic
Mallan
Newell
Murphy

Nisbet

I’d like to see us line up in a 442 diamond for this one:
Marciano
P. McGinn McGregor Porteous Doig
Gogic
S. McGinn Newell
Mallan
Boyle Nisbet

For me we need to get Darren McGregor on the park and wearing the captains’ armband. He’s a leader. He’s got plenty of players around him who’ve been playing regularly so I’m not concerned about him lacking match sharpness.

The two wingers aren’t working and offer next to nothing in the 442 we’ve been using. Most teams in this league pack the midfield, but the lack of output from our wide players means we’re gaining no advantage by sacrificing a player in the middle.

I’m not a massive fan of Gogic as part of a midfield two, so having him sit in front of the back four let’s him do what he’s best at. Stephen McGinn and Joe Newell are tidy football players, but also get stuck in, so those three give us better balance in midfield. Stephen McGinn has plenty experience and was St. Mirren’s captain, so should bring some much needed leadership to the midfield. That leaves Mallan free to get involved higher up the pitch, which hopefully sparks a bit of life into Nisbet and Boyle.

Hanlon, Hallberg, Wright & Doidge all need dropped. Boyle and Nisbet aren’t far behind them.

Hopefully Jamie Murphy is fit enough to offer something from the bench, he is the only real impact player I see us having right now.

It’s a tight, shite pitch so getting a few battlers and leaders out there is essential, it should allow the more creative players the chance to do what they do best

Marciano
Gogic
S. McGinn Newell
Mallan
Boyle Nisbet

For me we need to get Darren McGregor on the park and wearing the captains’ armband. He’s a leader. He’s got plenty of players around him who’ve been playing regularly so I’m not concerned about him lacking match sharpness.

The two wingers aren’t working and offer next to nothing in the 442 we’ve been using. Most teams in this league pack the midfield, but the lack of output from our wide players means we’re gaining no advantage by sacrificing a player in the middle.

I’m not a massive fan of Gogic as part of a midfield two, so having him sit in front of the back four let’s him do what he’s best at. Stephen McGinn and Joe Newell are tidy football players, but also get stuck in, so those three give us better balance in midfield. Stephen McGinn has plenty experience and was St. Mirren’s captain, so should bring some much needed leadership to the midfield. That leaves Mallan free to get involved higher up the pitch, which hopefully sparks a bit of life into Nisbet and Boyle.

Hanlon, Hallberg, Wright & Doidge all need dropped. Boyle and Nisbet aren’t far behind them.

Hopefully Jamie Murphy is fit enough to offer something from the bench, he is the only real impact player I see us having right now.

It’s a tight, shite pitch so getting a few battlers and leaders out there is essential, it should allow the more creative players the chance to do what they do best

Its a home game for Hibs?

It as absolutely baffling that there is people out there who would keep picking Paul Hanlon.. A complete waste of a jersey....

We will probably see someone who plays like a bastard in the middle of the park.Pity big Marv plays for Livingstone.

It as absolutely baffling that there is people out there who would keep picking Paul Hanlon.. A complete waste of a jersey....

Wo do you suggest plays instead of him?

Wo do you suggest plays instead of him?

Mcgregor or Doig can play alongside Porteous..

We can play a 3 with Doig , Porteous and either McGregor or McGinn...

Plenty of other viable options for the manager....

Either way with him in the team we are struggling..

Mcgregor or Doig can play alongside Porteous..

We can play a 3 with Doig , Porteous and either McGregor or McGinn...

Plenty of other viable options for the manager....

Either way with him in the team we are struggling..

Not seen Doig at centre half and Daz is right footed is he not?

Its a home game for Hibs?

FFS thought we were away from home, I’m still traumatised from this time last year when we went there after the Boyle derby!

Well I stick with what I said, the exception being it’s a big shite pitch....

Not seen Doig at centre half and Daz is right footed is he not?
Doig played the whole season for Queens Park so he knows the position..

So what if Mcgregor is righr footed ?? Can't you have 2 right footed players at centre back ???

The least I expect is a reaction.
The right attitude ,and we will win.
100% they must come out fired up and be gawn, we are fucking hibs, intae them

I think we will get a decent performance today. We don't really do 2 poor games in a row. Boyle is the key, if he plays well then we tend to make a few chances .
Rocky
Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Murphy
Doidge
Nisbet

could see SDG getting thrown in for leadership qualities.Hanlon probably should miss out for a week, but I can't see Jack dropping his captain.

I think we will get a decent performance today. We don't really do 2 poor games in a row. Boyle is the key, if he plays well then we tend to make a few chances .
Rocky
Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Murphy
Doidge
Nisbet

could see SDG getting thrown in for leadership qualities.Hanlon probably should miss out for a week, but I can't see Jack dropping his captain.
Today?

If the players have an ounce of self-respect, then we should go at it from the off and smash this lot. After weighing in £400+ for a season ticket to my front room, I certainly feel entitled to expect a level of commitment and conviction that was utterly absent on Wednesday. A repeat of that insipid horseshit and I'll be fcuking raging.

Over to you, Hibs.

Yes, we go again, this time we are at hme to Livingston on Saturday, with a 3pm kick off, live on Hibs Pass for season ticket holders, PPV for non seasons and Hibs TV for the internationalists! The fugly hun boy will be joined by Garry O'Connor and Sporting Director Graeme Mathie.

I hope to Sauzee we are better than that car crash on Wednesday and I expect to see changes. Rocky, Murph and Stevie Mallan are fit and ready, I hope all three start, I doubt that will be so, Jack is too conservative that kinda cairy oan. Livingston have improved under Martindale, not quite a crack outfit yet, but they line up well and its always nice to see Barts back at his old joint. Tough game, it will be cold with the ice, snow and frost.

The Team, starting with a 3 5 1 1

I expect Rocky back in goals.

Paul McGinn as ever.

Porto, please cut out the awfy passes son.

Paul, man up, you had been doing so well but too many errors and too much panic sneaking back into your game.

I would stick with Josh Doig, I felt he was one of our better players on Wednesday and was baffled when he was taken off.

Joe Newell, Hibs best player.

A return of Alex Gogic.

A return too of Jamie Murray.

More creativity back with Mallan back in behind the strikers.

Boyler, try and a beat a man and stick in a good cross will ye pal?

Nissy, get a goal son, get your head straight again.

Thoughts, mine are I doubt Jack would make that manay changes.

Hibernian Forever.

Replace Boyle with Gullan and replace Murphy with Young Bradley.

I'd like to see Murphy back as he is a very good player but to be honest what I want to see is a reaction to Wednesday night rather than wholesale changes.

The exact same 11 could come out and beat Livingston convincingly if they play to the standards they are capable of.

I'd like to see the young lads Bradley and Gullan start.

As long as Wright doesn’t start I’ll be happier than I was before kick off on Wednesday....I wonder when Allan will be fit enough to make the bench would be a nice option to have again and be good to try and get him back to his best

Marciano
Gogic
S. McGinn Newell
Mallan
Boyle Nisbet

I agree with most of that but know what I've always found with Mallan he likes to fall deep and really is never in front of the centre midfielders much.

Reactions: Zab
Unlike recent weeks there are more than a few options available for today and a few changes are inevitable.

Rocky looks a shoe in just because he is obviously the best keeper we have.✅

Stevenson for Doig on Wednesday seemed a pointless subby and didn't alter anything so I would expect Doig to keep his place as he didnae do much wrong in his last two games.✅

Mad mental Daz returning or playing Doig beside Porto and dropping Hanlon isn't the sort of decision the conservative Ross will make but its getting closer.?

Gogic gives a bit more certainty than Halberg and Livi have a midfield that he should like going toe to toe with.✅

Murphy fit again should be a big help to the creative side of the team though Mallon tends not to be even though he should far more often.

Nissy and Doidge isnt working but it was and can be again so I expect this to continue even though it results in an outnumbered midfield.

Rocky
P McGinn, Porto, Hanlon, Doig

Boyle, Newell, Gogic, Murphy.

Doidge,Nissy.

Hopefully Marv and Efe are playing for Livi as they always generate fond memories.⚽?

Last edited:
slowly getting over the RC embarrassment but if huns,dundee utd and us win we'll be back points difference wise tae where we were before that disaster. So still hope for 2nd or 3rd

slowly getting over the RC embarrassment but if huns,dundee utd and us win we'll be back points difference wise tae where we were before that disaster. So still hope for 2nd or 3rd
I like the look of the following three wins today
Hibs , Rangers and St M ( away ) - hibs is the most important one of course but I fancy the treble -

If only D United could beat A Deen today - shankland and Mc N up front ( maybe goals)

Unlike recent weeks there are more than a few options available for today and a few changes are inevitable.

Rocky looks a shoe in just because he is obviously the best keeper we have.✅

Stevenson for Doig on Wednesday seemed a pointless subby and didn't alter anything so I would expect Doig to keep his place as he didnae do much wrong in his last two games.✅

Mad mental Daz returning or playing Doig beside Porto and dropping Hanlon isn't the sort of decision the conservative Ross will make but its getting closer.?

Gogic gives a bit more certainty than Halberg and Livi have a midfield that he should like going toe to toe with.✅

Murphy fit again should be a big help to the creative side of the team though Mallon tends not to be even though he should far more often.

Nissy and Doidge isnt working but it was and can be again so I expect this to continue even though it results in an outnumbered midfield.

Rocky
P McGinn, Porto, Hanlon, Doig

Boyle, Newell, Gogic, Murphy.

Doidge,Nissy.

Hopefully Marv and Efe are playing for Livi as they always generate fond memories.⚽?

As you say it’s unlikely but we need leaders in the team and therefore one of SDG or Daz should start. Both are risks due to their lack of football but if we go 3 at the back with SDG at RWB I feel there is less pressure from a defensive point of view, particularly with the superb Paul McGinn in behind him. 5 in the middle would also prevent our midfield being swamped and provides us with options off the bench.

Rocky
McGinn Porteous Doig
Gray Newell Gogic Lewy
Boyle or Murphy
Nisbet Doidge

If only D United could beat A Deen today - shankland and Mc N up front ( maybe goals)
Both teams hard to break down....I fancy a draw in that one.

United win would be better for Hibs clearly.

Today Livi will be a stronger test than Ross County. Surely we can't play as bad as last Wednesday. We need to conquer our weaknesses at home. Jack Ross described the County match as 'the Perfect Storm'. Let's hope it's blown over!

It'll be another sweater from the Giacomo Rossi collezione, methinks.

If Wright isn't in the first eleven then that will be a stronger line up already , anything else will be a bonus.

Hopefully players will be able to do the basics correctly and if that happens then we will have a good chance...

Hanlon not playing will strengthen us considerably at the back.

Fingers crossed for a win and the bonus with a performance to match...

FB_IMG_1609595375562.jpg

Cannot understand the selection of Stevenson as Doig was one of our better players on Wednesday.Ross worries me.

IMO Doidge and Hanlon should be dropped and Doig disnae deserve tae be

Maybe Doig isn't fit enough to play quick turnarounds ?‍♂️ tbh I've no idea of his fitness levels but we've seen youngsters be over exposed too.

It might be good player management, could easily be none of that too though.

How do we think that lines up?

Back 4
Gogic
Mallan and Newell
Boyle behind the 2 tryna cover both wings? Or going natural attacking midfield style?
Nisbet helping with Doidge mainly central?

Cant see it being 433 with Nisbet out wide or 4222 with Mallan or Newell opposite Boyle?

Maybe Doig isn't fit enough to play quick turnarounds ?‍♂️ tbh I've no idea of his fitness levels but we've seen youngsters be over exposed too.

It might be good player management, could easily be none of that too though.

How do we think that lines up?

Back 4
Gogic
Mallan and Newell
Boyle behind the 2 tryna cover both wings? Or going natural attacking midfield style?
Nisbet helping with Doidge mainly central?

Cant see it being 433 with Nisbet out wide or 4222 with Mallan or Newell opposite Boyle?

Could easily be the 352 Stevenson and Boyle wing backs.

This thread has been viewed 15193 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50