Match Updates!: Hibernian 0 V 3 Livingston

Admin
Yes, we go again, this time we are at hme to Livingston on Saturday, with a 3pm kick off, live on Hibs Pass for season ticket holders, PPV for non seasons and Hibs TV for the internationalists! The fugly hun boy will be joined by Garry O'Connor and Sporting Director Graeme Mathie.

I hope to Sauzee we are better than that car crash on Wednesday and I expect to see changes. Rocky, Murph and Stevie Mallan are fit and ready, I hope all three start, I doubt that will be so, Jack is too conservative that kinda cairy oan. Livingston have improved under Martindale, not quite a crack outfit yet, but they line up well and its always nice to see Barts back at his old joint. Tough game, it will be cold with the ice, snow and frost.

The Team, starting with a 3 5 1 1

I expect Rocky back in goals.

Paul McGinn as ever.

Porto, please cut out the awfy passes son.

Paul, man up, you had been doing so well but too many errors and too much panic sneaking back into your game.

I would stick with Josh Doig, I felt he was one of our better players on Wednesday and was baffled when he was taken off.

Joe Newell, Hibs best player.

A return of Alex Gogic.

A return too of Jamie Murray.

More creativity back with Mallan back in behind the strikers.

Boyler, try and a beat a man and stick in a good cross will ye pal?

Nissy, get a goal son, get your head straight again.

Thoughts, mine are I doubt Jack would make that manay changes.

Hibernian Forever.

Last edited:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
If Rocky Mallan and Murphy are fit and ready tae start why were none of them subs against County?
We need a , dare I say it, Yogi type in the dressing room tae get these players motivated. Hopefully getting a few players back will gi them a kick up the erse and get rid of the complacency that’s settled in recently. Or Mibbes it’s just been a one off every *&*^ lost form game and we’ll scud Livi by a Big G. Mon Hibs, Gi us fans a wee bit hope for the new year🙏

Greenmachine

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
We need a reaction from the players after a poor performance and result on Wednesday night.

In our first match of 2021, let's do as we mean to go on this year and vastly improve our home form and results. That should be on Jack Ross's report card as well. He has done a good job so far and Hibs are a better team than they were a year ago, but much work still needs to be done.

Livi have won six games on the trot under Martindale. That run won't go on much longer, and we have to end it tomorrow. Please for once start well in this game Hibs, take the game to the opposition who should be shitting themselves facing Hibs at Easter Road instead of relishing it. Get the first goal and for once push on for more goals. Dominate possession as we should always do at Easter Road.

A break follows after this game, and after a very hectic schedule it's needed. I think it's Celtic away after that, so it's vital we beat Livingston.

2-1 Hibs.

Zab

Admin
I’d like to see us line up in a 442 diamond for this one:
Marciano
P. McGinn McGregor Porteous Doig
Gogic
S. McGinn Newell
Mallan
Boyle Nisbet

For me we need to get Darren McGregor on the park and wearing the captains’ armband. He’s a leader. He’s got plenty of players around him who’ve been playing regularly so I’m not concerned about him lacking match sharpness.

The two wingers aren’t working and offer next to nothing in the 442 we’ve been using. Most teams in this league pack the midfield, but the lack of output from our wide players means we’re gaining no advantage by sacrificing a player in the middle.

I’m not a massive fan of Gogic as part of a midfield two, so having him sit in front of the back four let’s him do what he’s best at. Stephen McGinn and Joe Newell are tidy football players, but also get stuck in, so those three give us better balance in midfield. Stephen McGinn has plenty experience and was St. Mirren’s captain, so should bring some much needed leadership to the midfield. That leaves Mallan free to get involved higher up the pitch, which hopefully sparks a bit of life into Nisbet and Boyle.

Hanlon, Hallberg, Wright & Doidge all need dropped. Boyle and Nisbet aren’t far behind them.

Hopefully Jamie Murphy is fit enough to offer something from the bench, he is the only real impact player I see us having right now.

It’s a tight, shite pitch so getting a few battlers and leaders out there is essential, it should allow the more creative players the chance to do what they do best

Admin
I’d like to see us line up in a 442 diamond for this one:
Marciano
P. McGinn McGregor Porteous Doig
Gogic
S. McGinn Newell
Mallan
Boyle Nisbet

For me we need to get Darren McGregor on the park and wearing the captains’ armband. He’s a leader. He’s got plenty of players around him who’ve been playing regularly so I’m not concerned about him lacking match sharpness.

The two wingers aren’t working and offer next to nothing in the 442 we’ve been using. Most teams in this league pack the midfield, but the lack of output from our wide players means we’re gaining no advantage by sacrificing a player in the middle.

I’m not a massive fan of Gogic as part of a midfield two, so having him sit in front of the back four let’s him do what he’s best at. Stephen McGinn and Joe Newell are tidy football players, but also get stuck in, so those three give us better balance in midfield. Stephen McGinn has plenty experience and was St. Mirren’s captain, so should bring some much needed leadership to the midfield. That leaves Mallan free to get involved higher up the pitch, which hopefully sparks a bit of life into Nisbet and Boyle.

Hanlon, Hallberg, Wright & Doidge all need dropped. Boyle and Nisbet aren’t far behind them.

Hopefully Jamie Murphy is fit enough to offer something from the bench, he is the only real impact player I see us having right now.

It’s a tight, shite pitch so getting a few battlers and leaders out there is essential, it should allow the more creative players the chance to do what they do best

Its a home game for Hibs?

Pistol1981....

New radge
It as absolutely baffling that there is people out there who would keep picking Paul Hanlon.. A complete waste of a jersey....

Pistol1981....

New radge
Wo do you suggest plays instead of him?

Mcgregor or Doig can play alongside Porteous..

We can play a 3 with Doig , Porteous and either McGregor or McGinn...

Plenty of other viable options for the manager....

Either way with him in the team we are struggling..

Admin
Mcgregor or Doig can play alongside Porteous..

We can play a 3 with Doig , Porteous and either McGregor or McGinn...

Plenty of other viable options for the manager....

Either way with him in the team we are struggling..

Not seen Doig at centre half and Daz is right footed is he not?

Zab

Admin
Its a home game for Hibs?

FFS thought we were away from home, I’m still traumatised from this time last year when we went there after the Boyle derby!

Well I stick with what I said, the exception being it’s a big shite pitch....

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I think we will get a decent performance today. We don't really do 2 poor games in a row. Boyle is the key, if he plays well then we tend to make a few chances .
Rocky
Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Murphy
Doidge
Nisbet

could see SDG getting thrown in for leadership qualities.Hanlon probably should miss out for a week, but I can't see Jack dropping his captain.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I think we will get a decent performance today. We don't really do 2 poor games in a row. Boyle is the key, if he plays well then we tend to make a few chances .
Rocky
Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Murphy
Doidge
Nisbet

could see SDG getting thrown in for leadership qualities.Hanlon probably should miss out for a week, but I can't see Jack dropping his captain.
Today?

aggie

Justified Radge
If the players have an ounce of self-respect, then we should go at it from the off and smash this lot. After weighing in £400+ for a season ticket to my front room, I certainly feel entitled to expect a level of commitment and conviction that was utterly absent on Wednesday. A repeat of that insipid horseshit and I'll be fcuking raging.

Over to you, Hibs.

The Family

Capital Radge
Yes, we go again, this time we are at hme to Livingston on Saturday, with a 3pm kick off, live on Hibs Pass for season ticket holders, PPV for non seasons and Hibs TV for the internationalists! The fugly hun boy will be joined by Garry O'Connor and Sporting Director Graeme Mathie.

I hope to Sauzee we are better than that car crash on Wednesday and I expect to see changes. Rocky, Murph and Stevie Mallan are fit and ready, I hope all three start, I doubt that will be so, Jack is too conservative that kinda cairy oan. Livingston have improved under Martindale, not quite a crack outfit yet, but they line up well and its always nice to see Barts back at his old joint. Tough game, it will be cold with the ice, snow and frost.

The Team, starting with a 3 5 1 1

I expect Rocky back in goals.

Paul McGinn as ever.

Porto, please cut out the awfy passes son.

Paul, man up, you had been doing so well but too many errors and too much panic sneaking back into your game.

I would stick with Josh Doig, I felt he was one of our better players on Wednesday and was baffled when he was taken off.

Joe Newell, Hibs best player.

A return of Alex Gogic.

A return too of Jamie Murray.

More creativity back with Mallan back in behind the strikers.

Boyler, try and a beat a man and stick in a good cross will ye pal?

Nissy, get a goal son, get your head straight again.

Thoughts, mine are I doubt Jack would make that manay changes.

Hibernian Forever.

Replace Boyle with Gullan and replace Murphy with Young Bradley.