• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 0 v 3 Dundee United, the update thread

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Its nearly that time of the wonderful occasion of a match day at Easter Road at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and I for one cannae wait. I miss Hibs.

Last months match at Tannadice was much closer than the score suggested, and I expect Saturdays game to be a tough one, United are shaping up well under their young Scottish manager.

We faced our first league loss at the Hunnery and not only dropped three points, we lost our best player this season in Ryan Porteous in my opinion. On another day and not against a cheat of a ref and *&*^ like the Huns and their scumbag support, we would have come away with three points, we were better than them right up until we lost Porto.

We are third, but the Huns play the Puddledrinkers, a win for the Huns a win for us see's us leapfrog the gorgie miscreants, a win for the maroon skidmarks and a win for us means we stay in third behind the hundogs and a draw at the Hunnery and a win for Hibs means we remain third too. So Hibs must win and if we accept we cannae win the league (Which I think we can) then a hun win may suit us best. Reality is I want both the Huns and the Puddles to get beat, serious injuries to at least a couple of their players and plague breaking out in the stands.

Team wise, well nae Porto will be a miss. Will it be Daz? Will it be young Wood, will it be mushrooms, fried onion rings? I hope its chips, its chips, but think Jack will go with Daz, but ye never know do you? Other changes see the welcome return of Jamie Murphy to fitness and Scottie back tanned after a few days in the Med if his Instagram is anything to go by. Tough call on the team as most people have earned their place in the starting line up.

Team:

Macey, who was decent at the Hunnery

McGinn, who is back to his seven out of tens.

Wood, I would like to see the Captain of England Under 21's push his way in and show us what he's got.

Paul Hanlon, who has been playing very well and does a lot of good work for charidee.

Josh Doig, who I think missed one Scotland Under 21 game through injury?

A middle of JDH and Joe

Scottie in front of them.

Murphy left and centre

Boyler right and centre

Nissy the point o the array.

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!

Think I might play Wood?Let's hope he doesn't live up to his last name,and I might drop JDH for Gogic for a bit of steel.

We certainly have a bit more depth to the squad now
Magennis, Cadden & Scott with Doidge and Muellar to come in January so why can't we win the league

On our day we can beat either side of the arse cheeks, but their superior resources will always dominate. I fully ekspect Thellick tae buy their way oot i trouble and sidle up 2nd behind the Hun dawgs.

Ryan will be a big miss, he’s been brilliant so far. The England u21 captain has big boots to fill, it will be good to see what he’s got

I like that team, and I think that’s what Jack might go with. But I’d probably go with the 3412:
Macey
McGinn Wood Hanlon
Cadden Magennis Newell Doig
Allan
Boyle Nisbet

Wood making his debut as part of a back 3 might help him settle, and playing with the wing backs means Cadden gets into the team in his best position. I also think Magennis will start if he’s fit, he’s been a key player this season.

Regardless what we go with, I hope we play well and get the three points. We’ve got a tricky run of games coming up, starting with this one. I think this will help shape where our season goes.

I think Wood should play some part, off the bench in a planned substitution. Was a pity, Magennis was finding a bit of form, before injury. Hopefully he's back. I think we need to be more ruthless at home. Doidge back training start of Nov, according to website.

Last edited:
Its nearly that time of the wonderful occasion of a match day at Easter Road at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and I for one cannae wait. I miss Hibs.

Last months match at Tannadice was much closer than the score suggested, and I expect Saturdays game to be a tough one, United are shaping up well under their young Scottish manager.

We faced our first league loss at the Hunnery and not only dropped three points, we lost our best player this season in Ryan Porteous in my opinion. On another day and not against a cheat of a ref and *&*^ like the Huns and their scumbag support, we would have come away with three points, we were better than them right up until we lost Porto.

We are third, but the Huns play the Puddledrinkers, a win for the Huns a win for us see's us leapfrog the gorgie miscreants, a win for the maroon skidmarks and a win for us means we stay in third behind the hundogs and a draw at the Hunnery and a win for Hibs means we remain third too. So Hibs must win and if we accept we cannae win the league (Which I think we can) then a hun win may suit us best. Reality is I want both the Huns and the Puddles to get beat, serious injuries to at least a couple of their players and plague breaking out in the stands.

Team wise, well nae Porto will be a miss. Will it be Daz? Will it be young Wood, will it be mushrooms, fried onion rings? I hope its chips, its chips, but think Jack will go with Daz, but ye never know do you? Other changes see the welcome return of Jamie Murphy to fitness and Scottie back tanned after a few days in the Med if his Instagram is anything to go by. Tough call on the team as most people have earned their place in the starting line up.

Team:

Wood, I would like to see the Captain of England Under 21's push his way in and show us what he's got.

Paul Hanlon, who has been playing very well and does a lot of good work for charidee.

A middle of JDH and Joe

Murphy left and centre

Boyler right and centre

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!
Dabrowski ( we need to know how good he is )
Mcginn
Wood ( same as dabrowski ) happy wi Daz
Hanlon ( found his form )
Doig ( happy wi Lewis )
JDH
Newell
Magennis
Allan
Boyle ( if no jet-lagged )
Nisbet
( when’s Doidge back )

Hope Magennis is back. I think Wood is the obvious choice as Darren is a one game stop gap now, and would struggle to complete a run of games.

hopefully Murphy is back and earning his wages and not collecting them sitting in the stand

I think we look more dangerous with Murphy and Boyle wide.

Dundee United have had a good start to the season, and their strength as a team is that they don't concede many goals. Defensively they are sound and they are well organised, so Saturday's game will be another tough one for Hibs. However it's these sort of games that we really have to win if we are going to finish third again this season. I would like to see us start to create more chances at home, and hopefully Nisbet can get confidence from both his superb goal at Ibrox and being called up again to the national squad, albeit you have to say only getting on for the last 10 minutes against the Faroe Islands was it really worth the bother ?

Big decision as to who replaces Porteous, and whoever it is has a big task as Ryan has arguably been our best and most consistent player so far this season and will be a big miss in our next two games. I think Ross will go for Nathan Wood, we really do need to see what this guy can do and now would appear to be the time for him. I hope both Murphy and Magennis are fit. We need to be switched on and motivated to win on Saturday and if we do we are back level with Hearts if they lose at Ibrox.

I'll go 2-1 Hibs.

Last edited:
I like that team, and I think that’s what Jack might go with. But I’d probably go with the 3412:
Macey
McGinn Wood Hanlon
Cadden Magennis Newell Doig
Allan
Boyle Nisbet

Wood making his debut as part of a back 3 might help him settle, and playing with the wing backs means Cadden gets into the team in his best position. I also think Magennis will start if he’s fit, he’s been a key player this season.

Regardless what we go with, I hope we play well and get the three points. We’ve got a tricky run of games coming up, starting with this one. I think this will help shape where our season goes.

Magennis is not ready.

Magennis is not ready.

That’s a pity, but JDH is a fine alternative.

I suppose another conundrum is fitting McGinn, cadden and Boyle on the right

I suppose another conundrum is fitting McGinn, cadden and Boyle on the right

A good conundrum to have

That’s a pity, but JDH is a fine alternative.
Imo JDH one of if not the first name in the teamsheet.

No doubt JDH is a very good player and has been excellent so far, he’s added genuine competition for places in the midfield which can only be a good thing. Not sure he’s quite in the first name on the team sheet bracket just yet, but he’s not far away.

He’s decent but he’s no goalie.

Dabrowski ( we need to know how good he is )
Mcginn
Wood ( same as dabrowski ) happy wi Daz
Hanlon ( found his form )
Doig ( happy wi Lewis )
JDH
Newell
Magennis
Allan
Boyle ( if no jet-lagged )
Nisbet
( when’s Doidge back )
Stick in Macey instead and I think that is Jacks team for tomorrow.

edit : didn't know that Magennis was not ready.

We certainly have a bit more depth to the squad now
Magennis, Cadden & Scott with Doidge and Muellar to come in January so why can't we win the league
The old firm and sticky refs.
However over 100 years to win the Scottish Cup we got there in the end. How many Hibees on that famous day thought “This is the day “ and how many thought “We’ll no dae it but as long as we put in a good show “
We and the rest of the teams outside the old firm are up against it for that there is no doubt but empires fall eventually. Might be this season might not but eventually…
We are in it to win it. PERSEVERE 💚

Beers at Gatwick on way to see the Hibs.

Bringing a Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham fan to see what real football is all about.

GGTTH

Attachments

• FB61E4CB-1080-4C39-8BBF-E85B728026E9.jpeg
    FB61E4CB-1080-4C39-8BBF-E85B728026E9.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 36

Bringing a Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham fan to see what real football is all about.

GGTTH
Three new converts 🇳🇬👍👏

Hope you are wrapped up, it freezing!

Mon the cabbage 🥬

If they carry on how they've started i reckon they won't feel it

Damn!
A T shirt AND a jumper?
Summer fitba is great.

GGTTH

great scarf

enjoy yourself today boys

Is it possible to allow a friend to use my season ticket for the day?
I can’t physically hand it to him as we live 50 miles apart.
Was wondering if the ticket office had a process to support this?

Is it possible to allow a friend to use my season ticket for the day?
I can’t physically hand it to him as we live 50 miles apart.
Was wondering if the ticket office had a process to support this?
If you have it in your apple wallet etc, you can click on it and WhatsApp it to them

If you have it in your apple wallet etc, you can click on it and WhatsApp it to them
Excellent tip!

Excellent tip!
🤣 as if you know what he's on about

Thanks 👍🏻

Team:

A middle of JDH and Joe

Murphy left and centre

Boyler right and centre

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!
Apart from Cadden in for McGinn you've picked the team.

Apart from Cadden in for McGinn you've picked the team.
Good team that ( if Wood pans out ok )👍👏 3-0

Good Utd support doon.

16343922792171644931237227258107.jpg

Quite frankly a shit start 😴😴

We’re basically playing with 7 defenders for fuck sake. We have no midfield at all

We are fucking gash. Eyebleeding stuff atm.

Mon hibs wake up.

Boring as fuck so far. No intensity or tempo in our play.

That was coming.

Shocking performance so far

Embarrassing

This thread has been viewed 9355 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back