Full Time: Hibernian 0 v 2 Ross County

Admin
We go again, this time Yogi's Ross County visit Easter Road on Wednesday evening witha 6pm kick off live on Hibs Pass for season ticket holders, PPV for non season ticket holders and Hibs TV for international subscribers.

We gave it a 'right good go' at the hunnery on Boxing Day, cheated by the referee and I expect to see Hibs come back angry and up for a win. County have been struggling, Yogi will be trying to change it quickly, I think he has a job on his hands. Hibs have Chris Doidge back from suspension, Sean Mackie and Stevie Mallan are all fit again I understand and Rocky remains injured. Based on that I would guess the team might look like this:

Barnes, Rocky is still injured.

Paul McGinn, hoping he has a game like his brother did last night!

Ryan Porteous, of course

Paul Hanlon, of course.

Doig to keep his place, he was good at the Huns.

Joe Newell, the magician

Melker Hallberg, he and Joe compliment each other

Mallan in behind the strikers.

Boyler, been improving every week.

Nissy to get a goal

Doidge back doing the graft and missing sitters. :lookaround:

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think we’ll struggle, County have some decent players and this is the kind of game that Hughes gets right.

good test for Jack, but we seem really short of impact options from the bench - criminal we could only name 7 subs v Huns, and I think 9 subs this season has really shown up our lack of squad depth or Jack’s unwillingness to change plans mid match. I think it’s a bit of both.

the first 8 names on the team sheet are really good quality.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Gogic and Wright oot Mallan and Doidge in, go 2 up through Nisbet and a Mallan free kick, take Mallan off put Gogic on, Doidge scores a third and Big G gets a Big NOTE back. Livi score a last minute winner, we go back 3rd
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
or something like that 😁

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Hallberg
Newell
Wright

Doidge
Nisbet

If Murphys fit he will take Wrights place. Barnes deserves to keep his place in the team imo.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
If we want third place our home form needs to pick up.
Spot on. It remains my big concern for the season.

We have struggled for goals at home, and when we do get ahead in games we have struggled to stay ahead. I'm not quite sure why this has happened so often at ER this season, we just seem to lack the experience and leadership to see games out at home.

Ross County for me are a better team than their current league position shows. Kettlewell was never the right manager for them, but they now have a street-wise experienced boss who knows this league and certainly knows Hibs strengths and weaknesses. Unless we get early goals and really push on, I also believe this game will be a bit of a struggle for us. It's a completely different type of game from the Huns at Ibrox where our players were allowed time on the ball, Ross County won't give us any time on the ball. They will try to take some of our players out and nullify our threat early on. We have to keep the heid and rise above all that.

This is a huge game for Hibs and one we absolutely must win if we are to sustain a challenge for third spot. If we don't win then fourth is the best we will get this season. No more daft goals conceded please, although the way penalties are now given for no reason you can't legislate for that happening. Go for it Hibs and get this win.

2-1 Hibs....but it will be tough going.

Zab

Admin
For me Marciano, Mallan & Doidge should go into the starting line up with Barnes, Gogic & Wright dropping to the bench. Hopefully Murphy is fit enough for the bench, he’s the only real impact player we have.

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Newell Doig
Mallan
Doidge Nisbet

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Doidge hat trick, we take our chances, 4-0 Hibs.

I would start with Nisbet, Doidge and Gullan up front. Go for the throat and do take it off until the game is wrapped up.

4-3-3 can be risky but can also change very quickly if required. Ross County at home is a great opportunity to go really offensive.

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
I'd usually say an early goal in games like these is key but we've done that a few times at home and either not pressed home our advantage by missing absolute sitters or not taking the game by the scruff of the neck and leaving ourselves open to a late equaliser.

We should win, 2 nil being my guess...We're bound to start converting our chances sooner or later and I dont see County offering much in attack. Will be a welcome 3 points after a couple of disappointing results (all be it performances weren't so bad).

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
You know the time between Christmas and New Year is that time when you don't really care what time it is and days ebb and flow? Even worse in a covid ridden 2020.

I've arranged my day round the 6pm kick off, I've just settled down and there's no f'in game on! At least I'm in my warm house on my comfy couch.

Some will say its an age thing.

Similar has happened to a couple of times in the past when I've turned up at ER only to find the team are playing away or like today they're playing the next day.

What an ejit!

moathibby

Legendary Radge
You know the time between Christmas and New Year is that time when you don't really care what time it is and days ebb and flow? Even worse in a covid ridden 2020.

I've arranged my day round the 6pm kick off, I've just settled down and there's no f'in game on! At least I'm in my warm house on my comfy couch.

Some will say its an age thing.

Similar has happened to a couple of times in the past when I've turned up at ER only to find the team are playing away or like today they're playing the next day.

What an ejit!
I'm saying nothing in case Newhoose is looking in.

jock3

Well-Known Radge
Well every victory in the SPL has to be earned. We are the favourites in many departments, but as long as we don't forget that should be ok. Ross County have beaten have us a couple of times in recent memory, so we must not be complacent. Getting the balance between good football and steel is the key to success here. County will defend doggedly, so we need to create enough chances. 2 nil Hibs.

Last edited: