• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 0 v 1 St Johnstone

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
A week of nae fitba, the players will have benefitted from that. Next up is St Johnstone, the leagues most improved team apart from us. Some good players, some good Hibby's, some ex Hibby's and at least one future Hibby there. Callum Davidson is a good manager and he has worked oor Jack out a few times, should be a tough game.

Bad news on Chris Cadden, I read it was a fractured back he had, which sounds awfy serious. Pressures of work have meant I have not followed much of what is going on at Hibs this week, but if we can keep the momentum up in the way we have, I am sure we can beat St Johnstone. Just avoid giving away set plays in front of our box I would say, its their defenders that seem most dangerous.

Team wise, well I am one for playing our best team every week, no pissing about to accommodate future suspensions, playing fair to folk and shite like that, although the I see the club have said "fans probably wouldn’t be surprised if some of the club’s fringe players are given a chance to shine this weekend". Be in it to win it.

As ever, I have not heard a Jack or player interview, and the game is on Hibs TV and Hibs Pass, or your favourite hooky TV provider. For anyone else looking to catch the game – whether you’re a Hibee or not – Hibs offer a Pay Per View option, priced at £15, you can sign up here.

My team

Rocky, of course

A four of McGinn, Porto, Paul and Josh

Gogic in front

Joe and Jackson

Boyler, Nissy and Doidge

I also expect to be a mile off as Jack tinkers with the team and risks ruining a lot of good work.

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
The cup's a lottery. Winning league games more important for me.

Lottery is usually about 1 in 14 million or so. The cup is now 1 in 4.However put that aside. I would go with our strongest side which 1875 has just said.

I think the team will stay largely unchanged. It's working and we're at a point where we need to be consistent and familiar with what we do.

Although, going on from the cup thread, I think we should maybe start considering Macey, if we're looking at offering him a deal for next season, I imagine he wouldn't sign on to sit on the bench again. And for all those worried about him playing cup games, it'll improve his understanding with his defensive partners.

I think the keeper decision is probably the toughest decision left to make. Everyone else has pretty much stamped their place or the alternative isn't available.

Lottery is usually about 1 in 14 million or so. The cup is now 1 in 4.However put that aside. I would go with our strongest side which 1875 has just said.
Did the lottery not go to 1 in 40 odd million when they added the extra numbers?

I would be a bit more cautious in team selection than normal. I wouldn't be playing anyone who has a slight knock or minor niggle, for example. We don't want to risk making anything worse.

I would be a bit more cautious in team selection than normal. I wouldn't be playing anyone who has a slight knock or minor niggle, for example. We don't want to risk making anything worse.
Aye no point in taking risks in any of the next 2 games

Huge game.
Let's secure third tomorrow.
Don't want us going to Pittodrie with them still having an outside chance.

Huge game.
Let's secure third tomorrow.
Don't want us going to Pittodrie with them still having an outside chance.

That's how I feel. Get it done and dusted.

Be interesting to see how St J approach the game. Fairly sure the cup double will be far more important to them than finishing 5th in the league.

Not that it really matters to Hibs, it will be a tough game regardless

If we beat them it sends out a message.

I really hope Jack has been working with the team on defending set-pieces.
Take nothing away from St Johnstone who have improved significantly since Davidson took over as manager, but they are one of these teams who base a lot of their attacking game around set-pieces and we have lost quite a few goals this season because of that.
They are a decent team, but no world beaters. We have to put down a statement of intent tomorrow, and just get the bloody job done.

Lovely day for sorting out 3rd place then we can concentrate on the game that could put us in the position to win the scottish cup for the 2nd time in 5 years . Come on Hibs we're definitely good enough to do both and ram it down the throats of those who'd love to see us fail . This could set us up beautifully for next season

A week of nae fitba, the players will have benefitted from that. Next up is St Johnstone, the leagues most improved team apart from us. Some good players, some good Hibby's, some ex Hibby's and at least one future Hibby there. Callum Davidson is a good manager and he has worked oor Jack out a few times, should be a tough game.

Bad news on Chris Cadden, I read it was a fractured back he had, which sounds awfy serious. Pressures of work have meant I have not followed much of what is going on at Hibs this week, but if we can keep the momentum up in the way we have, I am sure we can beat St Johnstone. Just avoid giving away set plays in front of our box I would say, its their defenders that seem most dangerous.

Team wise, well I am one for playing our best team every week, no pissing about to accommodate future suspensions, playing fair to folk and shite like that, although the I see the club have said "fans probably wouldn’t be surprised if some of the club’s fringe players are given a chance to shine this weekend". Be in it to win it.

As ever, I have not heard a Jack or player interview, and the game is on Hibs TV and Hibs Pass, or your favourite hooky TV provider. For anyone else looking to catch the game – whether you’re a Hibee or not – Hibs offer a Pay Per View option, priced at £15, you can sign up here.

My team

Rocky, of course

A four of McGinn, Porto, Paul and Josh

Gogic in front

Joe and Jackson

Boyler, Nissy and Doidge

I also expect to be a mile off as Jack tinkers with the team and risks ruining a lot of good work.

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!
I don't normally comment on pre match so I hope I've not cursed our chances!

We need to play our strongest team until the league is done and dusted. Any tinkering with fringe players needs to be done from the bench when we're sitting pretty.

It was good to see Jackson scoring at last. Hopefully he's broke the seal and the floodgates are open.

Agreed, nae unnecessary changes, turn them over and theyll be shitin it from us when we play them in the final...

Will miss match today, working till eight. Look forward tae Just back later.

Agree with most of that but I would look to give Hallberg game time, if he's replacing Gogic for the semi.

I really hope Jack has been working with the team on defending set-pieces.
Take nothing away from St Johnstone who have improved significantly since Davidson took over as manager, but they are one of these teams who base a lot of their attacking game around set-pieces and we have lost quite a few goals this season because of that.
They are a decent team, but no world beaters. We have to put down a statement of intent tomorrow, and just get the bloody job done.
I hope he's been working on scoring from corners. We're averaging about 10 per game, and not taking advantage.

Reactions: Zab
Team for me:
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Doig
Hallberg Newell Irvine
Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Best goalkeeper plays.
Best back four plays.
best front three plays.

The midfield.... I think Hallberg needs to play. He can add some energy and drive alongside Irvine, with Newell sitting deeper to get on the ball.

A tricky game an no mistake.

You cant help but be impressed with the job Davidson has done with the resources available to him. St Johnstone seem to have a pretty decent squad of 15 or 16 reliable bodies. Also agree with the previous comments about defending set peices...we need to be aware how dangerous saints are from them. Be tempted to play Daz today for that reason and for his physicality.

I dont think there will be more than a goal in it...would like to see us start brightly and take the game to them...we actually started that semi at Hampden against them quite well but missed the chances we created. A similar attitude but with a bit more ruthlessness in front of goal is the key to winning the game. I dont think we can go in to today with any less than being 100% at it and expect to win.

Nisbet misses todays game apparently.

Marciano; McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon; Wright, Irvine, Gogic, Newell, Doig; Doidge, Boyle.
Subs: Macey, Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Magennis, Hallberg, Bradley

Saint J's have made seven changes

Cannot believe that clown Wright is starting in a game so important.He is an imposter and probably substituted at half time.Deary deary me.

Nisbet misses todays game apparently.
hopefully back next week

Cannot believe that clown Wright is starting in a game so important.He is an imposter and probably substituted at half time.Deary deary me.
stick on to score today

Dundee utd look at full strength to me

JR seems determined to fit Wright into the team. Does he see something in training, or is he just trying to justify signing him?
The St J team is almost unrecognisable.

Momentum is very important in football so its good to see that we are playing a very strong team and with Boyle playing more central then its not a great surprise to see Wright playing.

At least the manager seems to have accepted at last that he doesn't need to shoe in Magennis somehow.✅.

Rocky plays so Macey comes back next week for the semifinal so we are told but let's hope its a double bluff and the best keeper plays in the seasons most important game.🤔

JR seems determined to fit Wright into the team. Does he see something in training, or is he just trying to justify signing him?
The St J team is almost unrecognisable.

Not really IMO, starting Wright allows Jack Ross to keep the tactics and formation similar due to Nisbet missing out. Just moved Boyle into Nisbet’s position.

Fuck sake 1-0 down against their b team. What is porteous doing there

Fuck sake, Porteous set him up - what a cut back

His customary blunder.
Slow, slow learner.

thats amateur

What a fucking balloon porteous

That is an absolute shocker.

Fuck sake Ryan

That's a shocker

Jesus H mary o christ fuck sake ryan

Ultimate facepalm Porto

In the last 2 mins George Francomb and Josh Vela have both scored 🙄

He had 2 options

Blooter it
Or set the boy up

This thread has been viewed 11308 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back