• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Henderson

Unfortunately the reality is we are not going to get for him what we should...

There is no evidence for that, just opinion. I have a different one.

It would need to be three million plus and Hendo, but why would we swap when their is already a bid on the table for Hendo, as per message to you and others at the beginning of the window both parties as in us and Hendo and his repisentives also want this, it's just the Smellies playing hard ball, although their demands will drop closer to the window closing.

Lennon says 5 at least, 3 plus Henderson is ripping us off?
You've already told us we're signing Liam, there's no way we're using 2mil

So, is he signing? Cause John isn't leaving.

Lennon says 5 at least, 3 plus Henderson is ripping us off?
You've already told us we're signing Liam, there's no way we're using 2mil

So, is he signing? Cause John isn't leaving.

I was pointing out to [MENTION=2693]Smurf[/MENTION] that we wouldn't accept less than he thinks, the deal for Hendo was on the table, himself and his representatives want this to happen, although for the moment it won't unless they reduce their price. I think SJM will leave but not to Celtic, he fancies it in England and if the valuation is met then he will be away mate.

I was pointing out to [MENTION=2693]Smurf[/MENTION] that we wouldn't accept less than he thinks, the deal for Hendo was on the table, himself and his representatives want this to happen, although for the moment it won't unless they reduce their price. I think SJM will leave but not to Celtic, he fancies it in England and if the valuation is met then he will be away mate.

It won't be met.

So it's not a done deal?

I don't for a minute suspect McGinn will cost any club 5million.

It's a starting point for Hibs. As 750k is the starting point for Forest.

If Forest are serious, they're going to have to end up at 2-3 million, but I don't see them as his next club.

It won't be met.

So it's not a done deal?

That's up to Celtic, but I would expect their price to drop nearer to the window closing.

Forest got 15 million for a striker recently, if they are serious then 5 million won't be too much for them.

£5m!!
Half that would be accepted up front by Hibs I'm sure.

In line with our desire for infrastructure improvements it would be an Indoor barn for East Mains then.

I'd be filling in the north/east corner with a commercial use building/standing section combo anaw

Also need to strengthen the team so a couple of hundred grand on 2 or 3 positions.

Forest got 15 million for a striker recently, if they are serious then 5 million won't be too much for them.

Not so sure it's quite as simple as that. Forest got £14m for Assombalonga from Boro but although being out of a transfer embargo situation the club still have some restrictions on spending of some kind due to the Financial Fair Play rules. They'll be looking to be careful with their spending.

Not so sure it's quite as simple as that. Forest got £14m for Assombalonga from Boro but although being out of a transfer embargo situation the club still have some restrictions on spending of some kind due to the Financial Fair Play rules. They'll be looking to be careful with their spending.

Never knew that, just recall them getting a fair amount.

If some English club want him then we should loan him for a season, for half a million minimum. After a season down there we can sell him on at English rates with no middle man, think Sol Bamba.

If only I'd have thought about that for Jase!

I don't think SuperJ will go.
If the Smellies can't cut a deal for Hendo with some club down south then they might take our cash on the last day before the window 'slams shut'.

If the Warbmeister wasn't such a thick **** he'd go for Hendo, and get him for half a million.

I don't think SuperJ will go.
If the Smellies can't cut a deal for Hendo with some club down south then they might take our cash on the last day before the window 'slams shut'.

If the Warbmeister wasn't such a thick **** he'd go for Hendo, and get him for half a million.

I don't think McGinn will go either, stand to be corrected. My feeling is that Hibs have always strategised to let Jason go and keep Super John. It's not as simple as that of course but while ever a thick, naive twat like Warburton is the main threat to sign him I think we're on safe ground.

I also trust the club...though I know it's unfashionable.

I don't think McGinn will go either, stand to be corrected. My feeling is that Hibs have always strategised to let Jason go and keep Super John. It's not as simple as that of course but while ever a thick, naive $#@! like Warburton is the main threat to sign him I think we're on safe ground.

Agree with your last sentence ... me too.

I think most of us do.

I think most of us do.

It didn't appear that way before the recent group of signings did it.

I think most of us do.

I probably don't. I think LD is professional and ambitious, which is fine, but I'm also think if an offer came along that she deemed an upgrade she'd be off. Rod is tending to Farmers investment and doing a good job. So I accept they're doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, but I'm under no illusion the reasons behind it.

And if that makes me fashionable, it's for the first time in my life.

I don't think McGinn will go either, stand to be corrected. My feeling is that Hibs have always strategised to let Jason go and keep Super John. It's not as simple as that of course but while ever a thick, naive $#@! like Warburton is the main threat to sign him I think we're on safe ground.

Time was I wouldn't have given the club the benefit of the doubt on anything, and justifiably so. But they've regained a lot of trust and good will of late, in particular with dealings in the current transfer window. Pretty relaxed about the McGinn situation, confident there will be contingency plan in place if he goes that won't leave us any worse off.

I probably don't. I think LD is professional and ambitious, which is fine, but I'm also think if an offer came along that she deemed an upgrade she'd be off. Rod is tending to Farmers investment and doing a good job. So I accept they're doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, but I'm under no illusion the reasons behind it.

And if that makes me fashionable, it's for the first time in my life.

I'd agree with that. But folks like us with such opinions are not berating the clubs board and senior management at every available opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't appear that way before the recent group of signings did it.

Many of us were rightly concerned because we are anxious to see us do well. I honestly don't see the issue with a support a little impatient in the close summer. Again though I don't think anyone was suggesting our clubs senior management were deliberately not attempting to move early in the window for additions? And indeed our clubs management from Leeann to Neil were impatient.

I had no faith in this board at all during the start of this window. Loan signings galore last season, not strengthening during the January window and then losing Jase. I wasn't pissing and moaning for the sake of it, I was genuinely concerned.

Fast forward to now and a lot of that faith has been restored. I think the club have invested very well and like where we are heading.

I had no faith in this board at all during the start of this window. Loan signings galore last season, not strengthening during the January window and then losing Jase. I wasn't pissing and moaning for the sake of it, I was genuinely concerned.

Emergency loans for Commons and Ambrose. Thank Sauzee we could.

Other than that, Shinnie for a season.

We cant actually do the emergency loan thing this year anyway - you do know that? :dunno:

As for January windows, next to nothing gets done by anyone in those windows, certainly not very much that is meaningful.

Emergency loans for Commons and Ambrose. Thank Sauzee we could.

Other than that, Shinnie for a season.

We cant actually do the emergency loan thing this year anyway - you do know that? :dunno:

As for January windows, next to nothing gets done by anyone in those windows, certainly not very much that is meaningful.

Rocky was on loan too last season

I'm not sure where Liam would fit in at present - McGinn, McGeouch, Slivka & Bartley would all be ahead of him in central midfield. Boyle is first choice out wide, while the other two attacking midfielders Swanson & Barker have only arrived this summer...

He's a good young player but I don't think we need to be spending money on another midfielder at this time, especially one who wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

This outlook that's being expressed by a fairly significant vocal minority amazes me. He played in the majority of the games when on loan to us. And rightly our support loved his talent and passion in a green jersey when he played every minute demonstrating that every minute mattered to him even as just a loanee.

It's amazing how this myth has been generated that he wasn't actually that good hence why he was only a sub in that marvellous May day 2016. And furthermore let's remember and be thankful for his deliveries but he's now not needed...

We are Hibs and we will NEVER have enough good players. And in particular players like Henderson who plays with such heart, passion and spirit. The boy is a class act. I will be more excited by signing him than ANY player we've ever signed. Please let it happen.

This outlook that's being expressed by a fairly significant vocal minority amazes me. He played in the majority of the games when on loan to us. And rightly our support loved his talent and passion in a green jersey when he played every minute demonstrating that every minute mattered to him even as just a loanee.

It's amazing how this myth has been generated that he wasn't actually that good hence why he was only a sub in that marvellous May day 2016. And furthermore let's remember and be thankful for his deliveries but he's now not needed...

We are Hibs and we will NEVER have enough good players. And in particular players like Henderson who plays with such heart, passion and spirit. The boy is a class act. I will be more excited by signing him than ANY player we've ever signed. Please let it happen.

I never said he wasn't a good player - I think he is a very fine player and as I posted later in the thread, I think we do need him.

My original point is that he would cost money, and Hibs don't spend money unless the player is going to start every game - so my question is who's place does he take? Henderson's best position is a number 10, so we're also looking at changing the shape a little bit. It also means at least one of our three new signings (Barker, Swanson & Slivka) struggling for a place, as well as McGeouch & Bartley. That's not even including McGinn or Boyle. Don't get me wrong, to have that depth in midfield would be tremendous, but it would have to be well managed.

Kenny Millar suggesting Hibs are in negotiations....

Kenny Millar suggesting Hibs are in negotiations....

It read like a loan deal which is a pity if true.

That would be madness. His contract expires next year and a deal till Christmas is worse than fuck all!

Better than not at all, but yes a bit disappointing compared to a permanent deal.

According to KM it's a permanent Hibs want.

That would be madness. His contract expires next year and a deal till Christmas is worse than fuck all!

Not really.
If it is a loan, doubtful, thateans he's already in direct contact with us when precontract comes around, it means he gets to perform and remember how wonderful it must be playing infront of a Hibs crowd that's on your side.

A loan deal would work for us.

But we're better off with a permanent deal at this point.

According to KM it's a permanent Hibs want.

It's always been a permanent deal mate.

Hearing this will be done. £250k, 3 year deal.
Might be triangulation of the same sources..... Seems fairly sure.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I am with you Kenny, if Hibs keep SJM and sign Liam, I would consider it the perfect last day of the window.

Hearing this will be done. £250k, 3 year deal.
Might be triangulation of the same sources..... Seems fairly sure.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Great news if true.

- - - Updated - - -

I am with you Kenny, if Hibs keep SJM and sign Liam, I would consider it the perfect last day of the window.

.......drink Sangria in the park....

We certainly want to deliver this time.

Not really.
If it is a loan, doubtful, thateans he's already in direct contact with us when precontract comes around, it means he gets to perform and remember how wonderful it must be playing infront of a Hibs crowd that's on your side.

A loan deal would work for us.

But we're better off with a permanent deal at this point.

Sorry. I meant madness for them. Nothing in it for them.

Aye they're comparitively awash with cash compared to the likes of us but they're not daft!

So why would they do it?

Great news if true.

- - - Updated - - -

.......drink Sangria in the park....

As you know, I do regularly!

Leeann has just tweeted no more business expected.

Leeann has just tweeted no more business expected.

Hopefully Hendo was done before she tweeted it mate

Hopefully Hendo was done before she tweeted it mate

Clutching at straws I think.

Hopefully in a glass of Sangria but I have my doubts.

This thread has been viewed 6698 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back