Henderson

SKII

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
I had no faith in this board at all during the start of this window. Loan signings galore last season, not strengthening during the January window and then losing Jase. I wasn't pissing and moaning for the sake of it, I was genuinely concerned.

Emergency loans for Commons and Ambrose. Thank Sauzee we could.

Other than that, Shinnie for a season.

We cant actually do the emergency loan thing this year anyway - you do know that? :dunno:

As for January windows, next to nothing gets done by anyone in those windows, certainly not very much that is meaningful.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Emergency loans for Commons and Ambrose. Thank Sauzee we could.

Other than that, Shinnie for a season.

We cant actually do the emergency loan thing this year anyway - you do know that? :dunno:

As for January windows, next to nothing gets done by anyone in those windows, certainly not very much that is meaningful.

Rocky was on loan too last season

Smurf

I'm not sure where Liam would fit in at present - McGinn, McGeouch, Slivka & Bartley would all be ahead of him in central midfield. Boyle is first choice out wide, while the other two attacking midfielders Swanson & Barker have only arrived this summer...

He's a good young player but I don't think we need to be spending money on another midfielder at this time, especially one who wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

This outlook that's being expressed by a fairly significant vocal minority amazes me. He played in the majority of the games when on loan to us. And rightly our support loved his talent and passion in a green jersey when he played every minute demonstrating that every minute mattered to him even as just a loanee.

It's amazing how this myth has been generated that he wasn't actually that good hence why he was only a sub in that marvellous May day 2016. And furthermore let's remember and be thankful for his deliveries but he's now not needed...

We are Hibs and we will NEVER have enough good players. And in particular players like Henderson who plays with such heart, passion and spirit. The boy is a class act. I will be more excited by signing him than ANY player we've ever signed. Please let it happen.

Zab

Admin
This outlook that's being expressed by a fairly significant vocal minority amazes me. He played in the majority of the games when on loan to us. And rightly our support loved his talent and passion in a green jersey when he played every minute demonstrating that every minute mattered to him even as just a loanee.

It's amazing how this myth has been generated that he wasn't actually that good hence why he was only a sub in that marvellous May day 2016. And furthermore let's remember and be thankful for his deliveries but he's now not needed...

We are Hibs and we will NEVER have enough good players. And in particular players like Henderson who plays with such heart, passion and spirit. The boy is a class act. I will be more excited by signing him than ANY player we've ever signed. Please let it happen.

I never said he wasn't a good player - I think he is a very fine player and as I posted later in the thread, I think we do need him.

My original point is that he would cost money, and Hibs don't spend money unless the player is going to start every game - so my question is who's place does he take? Henderson's best position is a number 10, so we're also looking at changing the shape a little bit. It also means at least one of our three new signings (Barker, Swanson & Slivka) struggling for a place, as well as McGeouch & Bartley. That's not even including McGinn or Boyle. Don't get me wrong, to have that depth in midfield would be tremendous, but it would have to be well managed.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
That would be madness. His contract expires next year and a deal till Christmas is worse than fuck all!

Not really.
If it is a loan, doubtful, thateans he's already in direct contact with us when precontract comes around, it means he gets to perform and remember how wonderful it must be playing infront of a Hibs crowd that's on your side.

A loan deal would work for us.

But we're better off with a permanent deal at this point.

TariqE

Barbary Corsair
Hearing this will be done. £250k, 3 year deal.
Might be triangulation of the same sources..... Seems fairly sure.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Admin

I am with you Kenny, if Hibs keep SJM and sign Liam, I would consider it the perfect last day of the window.

Jack

Not really.
If it is a loan, doubtful, thateans he's already in direct contact with us when precontract comes around, it means he gets to perform and remember how wonderful it must be playing infront of a Hibs crowd that's on your side.

A loan deal would work for us.

But we're better off with a permanent deal at this point.

Sorry. I meant madness for them. Nothing in it for them.

Aye they're comparitively awash with cash compared to the likes of us but they're not daft!

So why would they do it?