• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Henderson

Can only seeing this happening if McGinn leaves

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't believe this.

Apparently this may actually happen.

But of course it may not.

I understand a bid is on the table and may be taken a bit more seriously than previously.

Apparently this may actually happen.

But of course it may not.

I understand a bid is on the table and may be taken a bit more seriously than previously.

Watch out mate you will get accused this came from Taliban.Net first.

Watch out mate you will get accused this came from Taliban.Net first.

Could well have done for all I know. There are a few over there who seem to get pretty decent 'inside info' - probably the one 'source' gets repeated all over the place hence the rumour builds and sounds more definite - even though just one person initially started it. I just hope it actually happens!

Lennon said at his pre-match press conference that it was very unlikely that he would be doing any further business before the window closes on Thursday. I know you can take these sort of statements with a pinch of pepper, but he did seem quite definite about it.

Last edited:
Could well have done for all I know. There are a few over there who seem to get pretty decent 'inside info' - probably the one 'source' gets repeated all over the place hence the rumour builds and sounds more definite - even though just one person initially started it. I just hope it actually happens!

It was more of a dig [MENTION=345]EA2007[/MENTION] who is convinced I get my info from that board.

Not doubting what you say about posters on their having info also mate.

But the Bounce is the only one I come on.

Before I go any further, I would welcome LH back with open arms. He's a good player who would improve our squad. His dead ball delivery is excellent, his corners are of course legendary .
But when he didn't start the cup final, nobody was surprised , and nobody was moaning about it ( not in my earshot or company at least). He wasn't a guaranteed start in a squad not as strong as the one we have now. By a distance I would say.

I'm not sure where Liam would fit in at present - McGinn, McGeouch, Slivka & Bartley would all be ahead of him in central midfield. Boyle is first choice out wide, while the other two attacking midfielders Swanson & Barker have only arrived this summer...

He's a good young player but I don't think we need to be spending money on another midfielder at this time, especially one who wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

I'm not sure where Liam would fit in at present - McGinn, McGeouch, Slivka & Bartley would all be ahead of him in central midfield. Boyle is first choice out wide, while the other two attacking midfielders Swanson & Barker have only arrived this summer...

He's a good young player but I don't think we need to be spending money on another midfielder at this time, especially one who wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

Disagree. If we can get him for a decent amount we would be crazy not to.

Disagree. If we can get him for a decent amount we would be crazy not to.

Who's place would he take? Hibs won't spend money for him to end up on the bench more than the pitch (don't think he'd come back without assurances over appearances either), and I don't see where he fits into the current squad.

Don't get me wrong bud i understand what you're saying, i just feel that the lad has amazing potential and loves us. If we can get a decent deal for him we should do it. The more quality competition for places the better.

If we’re going to play 5 in the middle most weeks then I’d say we need 10 midfielders in the squad.

I think Liam would be a fantastic addition to any other Scottish team except Celtic, and he’s very nearly broke in there.

It’s a yes for me.

If there's a chance we must sign him up IMO. Dylan is injury prone and he'll give us a great option from the bench or starting. The biggest reason to sign him is pretty obvious. He's a ready made replacement for Super John McGinn. I don't believe McGinn will leave before the window closes, but if he's not away in January, you can guarantee he'll be gone next season. The lads too good and bigger and better things are in his future. So for the future of our club signing Henderson is vital.

If he doesn't come here then he's gonna go elsewhere. Do we honestly want to miss out on him?
He's also more likely to play further forward than the players he's being compared to here, with Liam only playing further back here in certain situations.

McGinn, McGeouch, Slivka, Bartley all play conventionally in midfield. Liam will be further forward, closer to where we've seen Danny play (Who I think should be out wide left) with Boyle on the right and Barker can play either side judging by last week.
Obviously we're not always going to be playing formations to suit every player but since this is a team game I'm pretty sure players will be prepared for rotation and fighting for a place is never a bad thing for the final product.

Also need to consider injuries and what players can't play 90 minutes every week.
Liam himself wasn't the best in the later stages of games, McGeouch's troubles are well documented, Bartley plays a physical game and will pick up injuries and bookings along the way, McGinn is box to box for the best part of every game and can't be expected to do so all season, Slivka is still a pretty unknown to me and Swanson is pretty hot and cold, has been for a lot of his career.

If this comes off we will have a ridiculously deep squad, I wouldn't be expected Kris Commons anymore though.

If there`s any chance at all we can get Liam Henderson into our squad then we take it. Imo. It`s a yes from me.

I would like to see Liam Henderson at Hibs..you can't get enough good players in your squad.

His goalscoring record from midfield isn't too great though, and a regular goalscorer in that area of the team is what we really need.
I also think with Brian Graham gone we could also do with another striker in possibly on loan.
It's a long and arduous season ahead...we are going to have injuries and suspensions to deal with (hopefully not too many) and we need as much depth in the squad as we can get.

I still think there may be a player or two on the way out that we are not anticipating. No idea who though.
Not John McGinn though...I think he might even sign an extension to his contract similar to Cummings which would mean a big transfer fee next summer when I expect him to be sold.

I would like to see Liam Henderson at Hibs..you can't get enough good players in your squad.

His goalscoring record from midfield isn't too great though, and a regular goalscorer in that area of the team is what we really need.
I also think with Brian Graham gone we could also do with another striker in possibly on loan.
It's a long and arduous season ahead...we are going to have injuries and suspensions to deal with (hopefully not too many) and we need as much depth in the squad as we can get.

I still think there may be a player or two on the way out that we are not anticipating. No idea who though.
Not John McGinn though...I think he might even sign an extension to his contract similar to Cummings which would mean a big transfer fee next summer when I expect him to be sold.

If this happens with Commons then that will be us done in this window mate.

Henderson in and SuperJ off to join up with Cumdog?

Better fekin no be sir !!!!! What a boot in the baws that would be to the HIBS support . Don't mean Liam , it's the selling SJM but that boils ma piiiish !!!!!!

Fcuk that, Shrink. Fcuk that right the fcuk off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching that today I take back what I said - we do need another midfielder who can offer something different. I still dot think hunk he'd be a starter every week, but Henderson would add to the squad.

If McGinn goes, we'd need two...

SJM going nowhere unless the valuation is met.

SJM going nowhere unless the valuation is met.
750k they've offered. Get tae fuck, Forest :soreslap

750k they've offered. Get tae $#@!, Forest :soreslap

Nae wonder it was laughed in their faces mate.

He's a 3 million pound player all day long. If the young Scottish lad that just signed for WBA is worth 15 million, SJM is worth easily 3 million.

Breed heed couldnae beat us in the cup final , so now trying tae dismantle our side from afar . The man is a grade A roaster and no mistake !!!!
Tell ANY bid that comes in tae bolt imo . SJM should not be sold this season

I fear SJM will leave this window but not to Forest....

I fear SJM will leave this window but not to Forest....

Are you thinking Swap Shop?

That would be a bad move for McGinn - he'll struggle to get a game ahead of Brown, Ntcham, Armstrong, McGregor, Bitton & Rogic - and I don't think Celtic will be seriously interested in him, not enough to spend the kind of money Lennon has quoted for a player who could end up being 6th or 7th choice.

No swap deals on this one, McGinn is happy to be here, he's not leaving.

As above, it'd need to be a lot of money plus Liam, it doesn't represent value for Celtic just now, even though he could play there.

Yeah. To me it's a no brainer from their point of view. Very little risk. Throwing in Henderson Celtc could make it a £2 million deal for us and with derisory bids coming from elsewhere for SJM....

There's no evidence that SJM is interested in being sixth choice for the Smellies - he has his eyes on England. Hopefully not till next year, though.

Yeah. To me it's a no brainer from their point of view. Very little risk. Throwing in Henderson Celtc could make it a £2 million deal for us and with derisory bids coming from elsewhere for SJM....

It would need to be three million plus and Hendo, but why would we swap when their is already a bid on the table for Hendo, as per message to you and others at the beginning of the window both parties as in us and Hendo and his repisentives also want this, it's just the Smellies playing hard ball, although their demands will drop closer to the window closing.

If McGinn were to go, I suppose I would be reasonably happy with Hendo and a decent wad of cash (~£2 million). Hendo improved noticeably over the season he was with us and who is to say he wouldn't pick up where he left off.

Nightmare scenario is McGinn goes and we don't get a replacement in in time, can't see that happening though.

It would need to be three million plus and Hendo, but why would we swap when their is already a bid on the table for Hendo, as per message to you and others at the beginning of the window both parties as in us and Hendo and his repisentives also want this, it's just the Smellies playing hard ball, although their demands will drop closer to the window closing.

Unfortunately Hibs will sell for less than that.

Unfortunately Hibs will sell for less than that.

We don't need to mate

We don't need to mate

We've rejected publicly two bids this summer. One of £1,000,000 from Ipswich. The other from Nottingham Forest of 750K. Unfortunately the reality is we are not going to get for him what we should...

We've rejected publicly two bids this summer. One of £1,000,000 from Ipswich. The other from Nottingham Forest of 750K. Unfortunately the reality is we are not going to get for him what we should...

NL was also quoted as saying he values him at 5 million, ok maybe we won't get that much but remember when Broony got sold, I honestly believe we will have the same valuation for SJM or close to it.

This thread has been viewed 6708 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back