Greta Greta whatshername

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Is it only me bored to death with her? I've no doubt she has a lot of good points but I'm just bored of her blah blah rhetoric She was up on day 2 of the cop conference saying it was a failure.. it probably will be, but how can you decide that before it has hardly begun? Add to that she is just annoying!
If it is a failure then go protest in Russia or China or even USA where they refuse to sign up to anything. Please leave us rum drinking music loving people in peace please!

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I think she famously sailed to the USA?As for Russia or China,would she even get past the visa stage?People who protest against Putin and( sorry I've forgotten the China leader's name)-tend to 'disappear'.
Ok she could do with a little work on her speeches she can't get away with the 'blah blah blah' stuff much longer, but for what she has done mobilising hundreds of thousands of young folk ready to stand up and be counted she is to be complimented on. Very easy to be snidey about the young when you yourself have got piles from sitting on your arse.

Davy

I think she famously sailed to the USA?As for Russia or China,would she even get past the visa stage?People who protest against Putin and( sorry I've forgotten the China leader's name)-tend to 'disappear'.
Ok she could do with a little work on her speeches she can't get away with the 'blah blah blah' stuff much longer, but for what she has done mobilising hundreds of thousands of young folk ready to stand up and be counted she is to be complimented on. Very easy to be snidey about the young when you yourself have got piles from sitting on your arse.
Blah blah blah

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
She's mobilising young people in way our leaders have failed to, or indeed anyone managed to mobilise us in the 80's and 90's when we should have been doing more to help the environment.

She's also done it without without resorting to disrupting traffic, resteraunts etc... like her older peers.

Could she be a better public speaker? Possibly, but at her age I struggled to hold a conversation longer than minute that wasn't about football, Britpop or wanking.

There should be more like her in my opinion.

Gareth

Well-Known Radge
She's helped get my kids interested in politics and the environment, so I stand with Greta. Also amazes me how many middle aged middle class men seem to hold a particular dislike for her, every rag in the country and their editors hate her, so I stand with Greta

Zab

Admin
She’s helped young people become engaged in the climate change debate which can only be a positive.

However her rhetoric is becoming pretty boring and she’s becoming a parody of herself.

Is it only me bored to death with her? I've no doubt she has a lot of good points but I'm just bored of her blah blah rhetoric She was up on day 2 of the cop conference saying it was a failure.. it probably will be, but how can you decide that before it has hardly begun? Add to that she is just annoying!
If it is a failure then go protest in Russia or China or even USA where they refuse to sign up to anything. Please leave us rum drinking music loving people in peace please!

She was not the only person who said it would be an utterly useless failure.

She has done nowt wrong. I think that many good intentioned people are a bit naive. Full support to anyone opposing this fiasco of liars and hypocritical barsrewards.

Oh the irony, the leaders in Glasgow whose adventure in Afghanistan cost thousands of £billions, and ended in humiliation, nod politely whilst a million innocent Afgans face starvation and doing nowt.

Get off your pretentious arses and do something that will save kids lives in the here and now.

BIG G

Last edited:

Davy

She’s helped young people become engaged in the climate change debate which can only be a positive.

However her rhetoric is becoming pretty boring and she’s becoming a parody of herself.
And for that she deserves respect, but being a kid who influences others is great, but she is 18 now and I don't hear much of anything practical for her. Listen to her speech here, watch closely as she repeats herself then appears to know not what to say next when the applause stops

This guy talks more sense :D

And the lies

Last edited:
And for that she deserves respect, but being a kid who influences others is great, but she is 18 now and I don't hear much of anything practical for her. Listen to her speech here, watch closely as she repeats herself then appears to know not what to say next when the applause stops

And the lies

Sky news. Au. (Australia) What reactionary shite. Murdoch could only get away with that in his homeland or Fox News in the USA.
You've been suckered on social media mate, or maybe a S** reader to boot. I don't do any of those abnoxious things. Thank fuck.

BIG G

Davy

Sky news. Au. (Australia) What reactionary shite. Murdoch could only get away with that in his homeland or Fox News in the USA.
You've been suckered on social media mate, or maybe a S** reader to boot. I don't do any of those abnoxious things. Thank fuck.

BIG G
Was expecting you to be first on as they criticise Marxism, I still see her rhetoric is causing kids to fear and not in a useful way. Anyway it's a forum and debate is good so I am led to believe. If people are fed only one side all the time then they are more likely to become sheep. Sorry but blah blah blah doesn't cut anymore

And the lies

You've been suckered on social media mate, or maybe a S** reader to boot. I don't do any of those noxious things. Thank fuck.

BIG G
Was expecting you to be first on as they criticise Marxism, I still see her rhetoric is causing kids to fear and not in a useful way. Anyway it's a forum and debate is good so I am led to believe. If people are fed only one side all the time then they are more likely to become sheep. Sorry but blah blah blah doesn't cut anymore
If you think that utterly ridiculous right wing politicomumbojumbo is a criticism of Marxism or even a bizarrely feeble attempt at it you are really utterly deluded mate. Kelvin Mackenzie stuff.

BIG G

Last edited:

Bossie

Well-Known Radge

And the lies

Just so we're clear...

Alan Jones says he does not believe in significant human induced climate change and has been critical of Government policy to use the Australian taxation system as a means of reducing carbon emissions.[55] His radio show often promotes climate change denial, including claims that increases in carbon dioxide are natural and that there is significant scientific disagreement on the IPCC's findings.[56] After the 2010 Australian Federal Election, Jones was critical of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's decision to introduce a price on carbon claiming that this was breaking a pre-election promise.[57] In 2012, the Australian Communications and Media Authority censured Jones for broadcasting falsities about anthropological carbon dioxide, ordering him to undergo factual accuracy training and employ a fact-checker.[58]

Jones is a supporter of the Galileo Movement, a climate change denial group which argues that climate change is a hoax perpetrated to form a world government.[59][60]

Andrew Bolt (born 26 September 1959[3]) is an Australian conservative social and political commentator, and climate change denier.[4] He has worked at the Melbourne-based newspaper company The Herald and Weekly Times (HWT) for many years, for both The Herald and its successor, the Herald Sun. His current roles include blogger and columnist at the Herald Sun and host of television show The Bolt Report each weeknight. In Australia, Bolt is a controversial public figure, who has frequently been criticised for his abrasive demeanour and accused of inappropriate remarks on various political and social issues.

Gareth

Well-Known Radge
Why does blah blah blah not cut it, three word slogans is all our political leaders offer, build back better, get brexit done, stronger for scotland, fuck the poor, lets invade iraq etc.

I also think its a tired argument that protesters have to have a fully laid out and costed manifesto as a counter to the whole government apparatuses 'option', as if there is some equivalence here. Its perfectly legitimate to say 'this is a shitshow' and 'you're greenwashing' without providing a raft of alternatives. That said, i think she and others do suggest options and i think she was perfectly lucid in that speech.

Incidentally, those two middle aged, middle class white Aussies talked some amount of absolute pish there, marxism blah blah blah, 8 minutes i'll never get back.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here