• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Greg Stewart & Lewis Moult

dmn1989

Private Member
Reaction score
Apparently transfer targets according to the sun:

https://www.thebigbrighthing.co.uk/sport/football/1138831/hibs-set-to-battle-hearts-and-aberdeen-for-birmingham-city-star-greg-stewart-as-jason-cummings-replacement/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Players that won't be moving early in the window...

Stewart will be on huge wages at Birmingham City and has 2 years left of his contract. Moult is apparently wanted by the Rangers and if that is the case he won't be coming to Hibs. I want quality replacements for Holt and Cummings but we really do have to be realistic as to who we are going to be able to sign.

Eoin Doyle might be available. Would anyone take him back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was never particularly impressed with him TBH.

He appeared to come on a lot after leaving Easter Road but I think Hibs can do better.

I would, definitely. He was a bit raw at Hibs but you could see there was a decent player with a brain in there.

TBH though I reckon we will be getting a foreign striker in. All these names in the paper are what they are. Just gossip. Lennon has decent contacts, I'm sure he will find us the right one.

I would, definitely. He was a bit raw at Hibs but you could see there was a decent player with a brain in there.

TBH though I reckon we will be getting a foreign striker in. All these names in the paper are what they are. Just gossip. Lennon has decent contacts, I'm sure he will find us the right one.

I always thought Doyle knew where the goal was - and his third against the bairns at Hamden was sublime if I remember.

He had lovely hair too.

I was never particularly impressed with him TBH.

He was unlucky to be here at the same time as Sparky. Doyle was forever in his shadow despite being pretty decent. After a few years getting sharper in England, I reckon he would be more than handy in the Scottish Prem these days.

I always thought Doyle knew where the goal was - and his third against the bairns at Hamden was sublime if I remember.

He had lovely hair too.
The 3rd was beautiful to some (me) and a sclaff to others. Such is fitba. We got him from Sligo Rovers that's why he was raw. But you could see he was a clever striker. His best spell came at Chesterfield where he played under his former Irish manager. scored 38 in 84. Maybe he could flourish under another Irishman? I expect this rumour to do the rounds now. For the record (though not the Retard...) I didnae start this! :glassraise:

I think I probably started it as I clocked that he was on loan last season.

His best goal was probably at Pittodrie, absolute peach.

Wouldn't be that keen on him coming back though.

Hibs must be close to maximum legal limit of signing gingers.

Stewart will be on huge wages at Birmingham City and has 2 years left of his contract. Moult is apparently wanted by the Rangers and if that is the case he won't be coming to Hibs. I want quality replacements for Holt and Cummings but we really do have to be realistic as to who we are going to be able to sign.

I suspect we could give sevco a good run for the money, we have nothing to fear from them.

Hibs must be close to maximum legal limit of signing gingers.

Need to replace Fyvie shirley?

I dont think there`s much possibility of signing either of these two. Stewart would most likely be a loan i think so there`s maybe a slight chance but Moult, i suspect, will be fancied by clubs with a lot more dosh than us..

I suspect we could give sevco a good run for the money, we have nothing to fear from them.

They've been pro active on the transfer front...

They've been pro active on the transfer front...

If old or unheard of Lusitanians count, yes.

If old or unheard of Lusitanians count, yes.

It's not spectacular mate but wee bit more than I was expecting...

It's not spectacular mate but wee bit more than I was expecting...

More people but then we could go down any boozer in Leith sign the guys up and have made signings. I think the Huns are trying to fool their easily fooled fools. I worry Hibs are reverting to type too.

More people but then we could go down any boozer in Leith sign the guys up and have made signings. I think the Huns are trying to fool their easily fooled fools. I worry Hibs are reverting to type too.

I'm surprised it has taken so long to get Marciano and Whittaker over the line....

No chance with Stewart as Harry wants to keep him, although Moult isn't out of our reach.

Reading Harry's comments I think he is keen to move Stewart on but only at right price , which clearly isn't a loan with low wage contribution. I think an offer would be considered

Reading Harry's comments I think he is keen to move Stewart on but only at right price , which clearly isn't a loan with low wage contribution. I think an offer would be considered

Harry's comments were Stewart was on a decent wage and even with Birmingham paying a percentage of it would rule out any loans. That would suggest his wages will be too much for us where I see us being a step up for Moult and his wages wouldn't stretch us.

TBH I would be massively disappointed if he was to replace Jase, his goal ratio is brutal.

I like Harry but if he says it's pissing with rain outside expect there to be glorious sunshine.

Harry's comments were Stewart was on a decent wage and even with Birmingham paying a percentage of it would rule out any loans. That would suggest his wages will be too much for us where I see us being a step up for Moult and his wages wouldn't stretch us.

TBH I would be massively disappointed if he was to replace Jase, his goal ratio is brutal.

I like Harry but if he says it's pissing with rain outside expect there to be glorious sunshine.

Oddly, his Wikipedia page lists his current club as Gunt of Midlothian...

Be even more disappointed if we replaced our top striker with another fucking loan player.

Be even more disappointed if we replaced our top striker with another fucking loan player.
Yep, tell me about it. Griffiths done terrible when he was on loan.

I think I would be too, although if it was a player that would otherwise be well out of our reach then maybe not so much,

Be even more disappointed if we replaced our top striker with another $#@!ing loan player.

I kind of know what you mean..it seems it's part and parcel of the game now to have hired gun for a season. To be fair when Shinnie rammed in the third against the gunts in Moneyspinner II the last thing I was thinking was he's only here on loan.

It's not about how the player performs when on loan. With Griffiths we desperately wanted to keep him but couldn't. So we are back to square one 12 months from now. Same with Stokes. Did pretty well, attracted the attention of Blackburn and we couldn't compete. For me the setup is all wrong regarding loan players. I'd much rather see the club invest a couple of hundred grand in to good quality young players. Develop them and sell them on in the future.

It's not about how the player performs when on loan. With Griffiths we desperately wanted to keep him but couldn't. So we are back to square one 12 months from now. Same with Stokes. Did pretty well, attracted the attention of Blackburn and we couldn't compete. For me the setup is all wrong regarding loan players. I'd much rather see the club invest a couple of hundred grand in to good quality young players. Develop them and sell them on in the future.
I totally appreciate that, but unfortunately loans are part and parcel of football now. Realistically they allow teams to sign players they wouldn't normally be able to. I think we have done quite well out of loan deals in the past few years. I wouldn't be put off a loan deal.

Lewis Moult is leaving Motherwell,dunno where he's going though

And that guy Stokes..waste of money :coffee:

I think a couple of loans is fine, just don't think replacing Cummings with a loan player is good business. Much rather the club spend the cash and invest in the squad.

What direction is his car heading?:rascal:

- - - Updated - - -

I think a couple of loans is fine, just don't think replacing Cummings with a loan player is good business. Much rather the club spend the cash and invest in the squad.

I widnae have a problem with a loanee, if he's a decent player and scores a few goals, winding up they gunt ****s and hun ****s, even better.

I know NL rates him highly.

I know NL rates him highly.

Only wages could be the problem. We could pay the fee. It the lad maybe wants back south.

Only wages could be the problem. We could pay the fee. It the lad maybe wants back south.

We pay better wages than Motherwell and we would be a step up with fan base, club, training facilities etc.

We pay better wages than Motherwell and we would be a step up with fan base, club, training facilities etc.

I agree I meant versus clubs down south.

This thread has been viewed 4968 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back