• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Greg Docherty

SouthMoroccoStu

New radge
Reaction score
Seems to be a decent amount of chat about Hibs talking to Rangers about getting Docherty back

Anyone heard anything - other than social media rumours?

Seems to be a decent amount of chat about Hibs talking to Rangers about getting Docherty back

Anyone heard anything - other than social media rumours?

It's likely wishful thinking although I'd love it to be true.

If the Huns bring in another midfielder I think we may have a chance. He doesn't seem the kind of guy who's happy to sit and take a wage, I think he wants to play.

I get the impression Hibs are really keen to get him back, as well as bring in a few others. However I think we are going to have to dispense with a few current players before this can happen.

He's not in the huns first team plans. If Hibs want to grow the club's financial assets then it means taking calculated punts on talented young players we can develop then sell on for a juicy profit after a year or two. This is the way the modern game operates. Reckon Docherty fits the bill.

Article on the BBC Scottish football website yesterday where Jack Ross was saying the squad has 7 players out (8 when Hunberi goes) and 3 in and not expecting any more additions before Saturday or "any time soon".

He's not in the huns first team plans. If Hibs want to grow the club's financial assets then it means taking calculated punts on talented young players we can develop then sell on for a juicy profit after a year or two. This is the way the modern game operates. Reckon Docherty fits the bill.

He absolutely does, but ut doesn't mean they'll sell him to us.
They'll see him as a sellable asset if he does well in another loan spell.
We should refuse a loan, but we'll more than likely take it.

Article on the BBC Scottish football website yesterday where Jack Ross was saying the squad has 7 players out (8 when Hunberi goes) and 3 in and not expecting any more additions before Saturday or "any time soon".
Yeah..I saw that quote as well.

Our defence last season performed badly, and was the main reason we did not finish in the top 4.

Gogic will help but he isn't going to solve all of our defensive problems. Have to say I am very surprised that we have not brought in any defenders so far, but I live in hope that this will happen during this window. More likely when a few players have left.

Yeah..I saw that quote as well.

Our defence last season performed badly, and was the main reason we did not finish in the top 4.

Gogic will help but he isn't going to solve all of our defensive problems. Have to say I am very surprised that we have not brought in any defenders so far, but I live in hope that this will happen during this window. More likely when a few players have left.

Absolutely this. Really think we'll struggle if the defense isn't improved. Slow last season and now everyone is a year older. CB and LB would be s must for me.

Doesn’t look like we will have anyone else in before Saturday.

Absolutely this. Really think we'll struggle if the defense isn't improved. Slow last season and now everyone is a year older. CB and LB would be s must for me.

Lewis is still good enough for me and Newell looked like a capable deputy there. It's CB I really hope we address, Hanlon, Jackson and McGregor give me the fear. None are bad, but we'll be standing still unless we get better.

Back to the original topic. I'd love to see Docherty but I get the feeling it would have been done by now. He'll need to be hanging about in the final days of the window before we try again I'd have thought.

I noticed Jordan Jones has been told to find another club. Dyed in the wool Hun, but I'd still be happy to have a player of that quality on a free.

I'm pretty confident Lewis will be back to his Mr reliable self. I'm not convinced he was ever fit last season.
Did he miss pre season last year? I think he did.

Lewis is still good enough for me and Newell looked like a capable deputy there. It's CB I really hope we address, Hanlon, Jackson and McGregor give me the fear. None are bad, but we'll be standing still unless we get better.

Back to the original topic. I'd love to see Docherty but I get the feeling it would have been done by now. He'll need to be hanging about in the final days of the window before we try again I'd have thought.

I noticed Jordan Jones has been told to find another club. Dyed in the wool Hun, but I'd still be happy to have a player of that quality on a free.
He’s the boy that signed a pre when he was at Killie? Then did a Flo about signing for his heroes etc etc.
Pissed everyone off but scored the winner against the The Huns a fortnight later!

Good player but I’m sensitive about Huns the now.

If we were to lose Boyle than Jones would be a decent replacement, I would imagine he will end up down south as the Zombies will want a fee for him unless they take Rat Boy for a straight swap ??

He’s been released I think. No fee.

He’s been released I think. No fee.

Is he not contracted until 2023?

No idea mate. Could be. I read somewhere he’d been freed. Could be bollix right enough.

No idea mate. Could be. I read somewhere he’d been freed. Could be bollix right enough.
Three years left on his contract apparently.
He will be signing for an English Championship club IMO.

Yes.

He’s the boy that signed a pre when he was at Killie? Then did a Flo about signing for his heroes etc etc.
Pissed everyone off but scored the winner against the The Huns a fortnight later!

Good player but I’m sensitive about Huns the now.

That's the one. At least he apologised to the fans at his current club after his daft WATP tweet. Flo has just been a glakit fuckwit.

I get being sensitive about huns though.

We won’t be signing another wide player but I’m happy to join in with this discussion.

He can get to fuk. Will be plenty of interest in English Championship. Ulster Huns are bad enough. This kind of behaviour not welcome from any c@nt. Report from this week btw.

385ED43B-70E6-4844-8855-EEE25FD35FA3.jpeg
Wonder If Michael O’Neill would take him to Stoke. Reportedly interest in Boyle so may want a winger. Boro lad but doubt Warnock would want that wank on the payroll.

Last edited:
Docherty not in the Huns squad of players 20 at Pittodrie. We need to get this done.

Jordan Jones.... NAW! He'd play far too wide. If that's the way he drives (undertaking and crossing chevrons) the sideline wudnae hardly keep him on the park.....

Up for sale apparently.

Worth it, every day

Reactions: Zab
Up for sale apparently.

Worth it, every day

Where have you seen that mate?

Where have you seen that mate?

Word of mouth, punter at work

Word of mouth, punter at work

I think he will head down south.

I think he will head down south.

Probably, but well worth matching the fee if its true.

Sadly the wages he could get down south are much higher than we could probably give him. If we go for him, sell him the bigger picture

If Docherty is coming back he really needs to put in a better performance than he did in the last Derby, I know most of the team were shite but I am basing it on his own performance as we need players who can make a difference especially in games like that.

Last edited:
If Docherty is coming back he really needs to put in a better performance than he did in the last Derby, I know most of the team were shite but I am basing it on his own performance as we need players who can make a difference especially in games like that.

Gotta base it on more than 1 game then surely?

Aye, he had a shocker in that game. I expected him to play a big part for us, but he disappeared.

Gotta base it on more than 1 game then surely?

100% but these are the kind of games we need to have game changers and Docherty hasn’t shown me he has that ability. Omeonga On the other hand did show us that therefore if we were spending £250k on a player (If true) then i would prefer we brought in Omeonga on a permanent deal.

100% but these are the kind of games we need to have game changers and Docherty hasn’t shown me he has that ability. Omeonga On the other hand did show us that therefore if we were spending £250k on a player (If true) then i would prefer we brought in Omeonga on a permanent deal.

I'd argue he showed himself in other games and scored at least one cracker that sticks out.
The players had pretty much downed tools by the time we played hearts if I recall.. not good enough, but it was a team downfall in that game.

That said, we have too many centre mids

I'd argue he showed himself in other games and scored at least one cracker that sticks out.
The players had pretty much downed tools by the time we played hearts if I recall.. not good enough, but it was a team downfall in that game.

That said, we have too many centre mids

Me personally would prefer Omeonga over Docherty. I would imagine we would be releasing some of those midfielders that JR doesn’t want or loan them out.

Me personally would prefer Omeonga over Docherty. I would imagine we would be releasing some of those midfielders that JR doesn’t want or loan them out.

Playing for Hibs would be more important to Omeonga certainly, he seemed to really like it here.

Much as I like Omeonga Docherty had far more involvement in goals thanOmeonga had in both his spells here.

Respect all opinions and agree he didn’t turn up in the derby but think Docherty is better and nearest in all round contribution since McGinn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Omeonga but in my opinion we need better if we're wanting to challenge for 3rd

Omeonga needs to show more on the park for me although I appreciate loads of folk love him thanks to his Hibs friendly social media posts and piano playing rather than consistent form in about 20 odd games for us.

He’ll need to up his game or could end up doing as much in the game as that other crowd favourite Jorge the Poodle Claros who was a master at producing nothing effective and the king of neat and tidy.

All the best for now x

Omeonga needs to show more on the park for me although I appreciate loads of folk love him thanks to his Hibs friendly social media posts and piano playing rather than consistent form in about 20 odd games for us.

He’ll need to up his game or could end up doing as much in the game as that other crowd favourite Jorge the Poodle Claros who was a master at producing nothing effective and the king of neat and tidy.

All the best for now x

Omeonga wasn’t getting much game time, he was one of the players that did put a shift in against the Gunts in the last derby. Omeonga kept the likes of Scott Brown in his pocket, as @stuart7-0 said it’s all about opinions but if Omeonga was to get a good run of games under his belt I believe he would give us more than Docherty would.

This thread has been viewed 5136 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back