• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Greg Docherty

100% but these are the kind of games we need to have game changers and Docherty hasn’t shown me he has that ability. Omeonga On the other hand did show us that therefore if we were spending £250k on a player (If true) then i would prefer we brought in Omeonga on a permanent deal.

Omeonga was worse than Docherty in that game.

Omeonga all round is nowhere near as good a player as Docherty, I don’t think he’d get beat the starting 11 either.

Omeonga all round is nowhere near as good a player as Docherty, I don’t think he’d get beat the starting 11 either.

Omeonga is misunderstood I think.

Hes a player more in the vein of Mallan than McGinn and everyone seems to think he's an engine when he isn't.

Tidy footballer, but we need industrious players to compliment whats already here. Docherty over Omeonga for me.

Reactions: Zab

Hes a player more in the vein of Mallan than McGinn and everyone seems to think he's an engine when he isn't.

Tidy footballer, but we need industrious players to compliment whats already here. Docherty over Omeonga for me.

I think you are being unfair as SJM would be a hard act to follow and Omeonga isn’t that kind of player. Omeonga is a better player than Mallan in my opinion as Omeonga isn’t feared of a tackle, Omeonga has pace in abundance and would get us further up the pitch.

Which is your opinion, but for me Omeonga chased the Gunts down and looked up for the battle, where as Docherty bottled it as did others that game.

I think you are being unfair as SJM would be a hard act to follow and Omeonga isn’t that kind of player. Omeonga is a better player than Mallan in my opinion as Omeonga isn’t feared of a tackle, Omeonga has pace in abundance and would get us further up the pitch.

You've misunderstood.
Not comparing directly to mcginn, nobody will. But I mean playstyle.
I mean that omeonga is looked at like he's an engine in midfield and he isn't. He's a player first.
Docherty is an engine and drives forward and back.

Its a bit pointless though, is Omeonga even linked/available.

Also think talk of the other lad shows this isn't a likely deal

Not being feard of a tackle and winning one is a big difference. Omenonga couldn't tackle a fish supper.

Not being feard of a tackle and winning one is a big difference. Omenonga couldn't tackle a fish supper.

I never noticed him having pace either tbh.

Loads jumping on the bandwagon that Docherty bottled or shat it against HoMFC. Just coz you have a sh1t game doesn’t mean it’s a bottle job.

Too many easily influenced and picking up this kind of nonsense - snowball effect

I never noticed him having pace either tbh.

Loads jumping on the bandwagon that Docherty bottled or shat it against HoMFC. Just coz you have a sh1t game doesn’t mean it’s a bottle job.

Too many easily influenced and picking up this kind of nonsense - snowball effect

As a collective we we're shite that day. Can't solely blame one guy that's fucking ridiculous.

Totally agree - I’ve always though he was a decent but very average player. Didn’t get the buzz about him first time round, even less so second.

Docherty to me is a proper player, he’ll always have a shite game every so often, but overall he’s very good.

I don’t think Ross is that big a fan of omeonga, barely played him after he came in on loan

Docherty weighing up his options, doesn’t look like he will be here after all.

Docherty weighing up his options, doesn’t look like he will be here after all.

Wasn't convinced he would be either tbf, comments when he went back to Hunco, he thinks he's better than that. Not derogatory, but self inflating.

I still think we have a chance of landing Docherty if we want him. However I think two or three players will have to move on first.

Omeonga was just as bad, if not worse than Docherty in that Hearts game.

Omeonga was very overrated by our support imo, and if it was a choice between the two then it should be Docherty all day long.

I still think we have a chance of landing Docherty if we want him. However I think two or three players will have to move on first.

I would much rather sort our own players contracts first, Boyle should be a main priority for one, unless he is leaving. Once they have been sorted and others have left then let’s see where we are.

I would much rather sort our own players contracts first, Boyle should be a main priority for one, unless he is leaving. Once they have been sorted and others have left then let’s see where we are.

I’d say Marciano, Boyle and Newell have to be the priorities.

His move to Hull is now confirmed.

Docherty would have been ideal for us just now.

A very good player who made a real difference to our attacking midfield options when he came to Hibs on loan in January. English football has a very strong appeal though to every scottish player both financially and for profile. It's very hard to compete with that when trying to secure players.

Hope we can get in someone else of the same standard as Greg Docherty if not better.

Last edited:
Why o why do Hibs take an eternity to make any signings.We have made a good start to the season but we are still in need of two or three strong signings.If they have targets in mind why can’t we get them signed up.

Why o why do Hibs take an eternity to make any signings.We have made a good start to the season but we are still in need of two or three strong signings.If they have targets in mind why can’t we get them signed up.
Because they're not sure they want to come here and probably loads of other reasons.

Not having a pop at you but some folk seem to think there's a player supermarket and Hibs have first dibs!

I have no doubt Hibs will be working quietly in the back ground on deals.

I really hope they are @Family.

He was such a massive upgrade to Vela. Would have been a good signing, wages would have been a huge sticking point. Lad is probably getting 6-7 grand a week at Hull.

Eternity how? Because Docherty didn't want to sign for us, or because Hunco done the dirty with McRorie?

We were quick off the mark with Nisbet.
Willing buyer, willing seller, player who isn’t a snide wee fanny.
Sometimes that makes all the difference.

Eternity how? Because Docherty didn't want to sign for us, or because Hunco done the dirty with McRorie?
Because we are about to play our fifth league game and we are still 2 or 3 players short of having a strong side.I keep hearing how Hibs will have other targets I just wonder how it takes us longer than some other clubs to make these signings.

Probably need to ship another 2 out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we are about to play our fifth league game and we are still 2 or 3 players short of having a strong side.I keep hearing how Hibs will have other targets I just wonder how it takes us longer than some other clubs to make these signings.

Not convinced many clubs have made many signings tbh.

He was such a massive upgrade to Vela. Would have been a good signing, wages would have been a huge sticking point. Lad is probably getting 6-7 grand a week at Hull.

No he ain’t. Salary cap for League 1 and 2 means more like £2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told Hibs from the get go that England was where he wanted to go and play football.
We were never in the race for Greg.

Told Hibs from the get go that England was where he wanted to go and play football.
We were never in the race for Greg.

Fair play, the lad knew what he wanted and got his move. Never messed Hibs about so no harm done.

Fair play, the lad knew what he wanted and got his move. Never messed Hibs about so no harm done.

Agreed, same can't be said for the sheep shagging former hun though, we didn't seem too impressed with him

Agreed, same can't be said for the sheep shagging former hun though, we didn't seem too impressed with him

Bad move for Doc although he will be in the shop window
Hull are skint and we could get him back in the year end transfer window-good player!

This thread has been viewed 5137 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back