Graeme Mathie

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
I thought he was approached about another job at the Huns this time a couple of years ago and was on the verge of leaving. To keep him we created the position he moved into?

I hope this position is filled quicker than it took to fill the position of CEO.

And on the CEO I'm assuming that this was his decision and his decision only? Maybe the new CEO concluded our transfer window movements inward and outward wasn't the best. I always thought Graeme Mathie spoke very well but the reality of our transfer windows never gave the impression of a previously discussed plan being executed.
iirc Mathie had the chance to become CEO at Killie.

Zab

Admin
I thought he was approached about another job at the Huns this time a couple of years ago and was on the verge of leaving. To keep him we created the position he moved into?

I hope this position is filled quicker than it took to fill the position of CEO.

And on the CEO I'm assuming that this was his decision and his decision only? Maybe the new CEO concluded our transfer window movements inward and outward wasn't the best. I always thought Graeme Mathie spoke very well but the reality of our transfer windows never gave the impression of a previously discussed plan being executed.

I get the impression Mathie was more interested in forming these “strategic partnerships” rather than actually negotiating transfer deals etc.

Central_Hibee

Well-Known Radge
Just having a think, maybe the new CEO prefers to do the negotiations for players/contracts himself, and therefor it significantly diminished Mathies role at the club?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Wasn't Ron's son strongly rumoured to have been instrumental in securing the Mueller deal ?...maybe that's a sign of things to come.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
A bit sad to see him go in such a way not that long into a season but soccer ball is a cut throat biz. I'm not sure he can be blamed entirely for transfer failings? Remember he'll have had a budget to work from for this season. As we've been discussing for weeks we expected at least one of our star players to depart for a few mill which possibly would have brought in at least 2-3 additional players. For me the squad has been too lightweight for a while. No proper competition and cover if things go wrong.

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
A bit sad to see him go in such a way not that long into a season but soccer ball is a cut throat biz. I'm not sure he can be blamed entirely for transfer failings? Remember he'll have had a budget to work from for this season. As we've been discussing for weeks we expected at least one of our star players to depart for a few mill which possibly would have brought in at least 2-3 additional players. For me the squad has been too lightweight for a while. No proper competition and cover if things go wrong.
The budget is definitely a mitigation for Mathie imo.

We shifted out a fair few players from last season. The players we pursued thru the window we didn't get didn't ever seem to be particularly close to happening financially. I remember my perception was our budget seemed very conservative.

I'd love to know the real reasons behind Mathie's departure. I wouldn't say I was a massive fan of his but I thought he got a lot more right than wrong. I liked that we had that continuity if the management team changed. He seems to have gone from a fairly powerful position at the club to persona no grata in a matter of weeks.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
CEO Ben Kinsell says that Mathie is still employed by the club, but won't say anything else....? 🤔

Reactions: Zab
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here