• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Getting robbed....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I work from home, so does my wife. I popped out to the car at lunchtime to stick something in my car which sits on my drive in a quiet suburban street in a posher bit of Livi. Two hours later a boy comes to me door trying to 'sell' me a free boiler, I tell him I dinnae need one, my mate is a brilliant plumber, and he says, do you know my car door is open? I check, it is, and someone has been in, rifled the glove box and nicked my sat nav and diabetic testing kit. My wifes office sits 10 feet above my car, I sit 20 feet away working, admittedly with my back to the car. Next door neighbour is a bizzie, he gets his mates right round but who ever broke in is long gone. Fuckers.

Sorry to hear that mate - hope it’s inconvenient rather than costly

Sorry to hear that mate - hope it’s inconvenient rather than costly

It is, *&*^ though. Its a long story but I nearly caught them but they were using false plates on their car, reckon they might have been after the car as I answered the door as they came up to it and blagged that shite story.

So the boy who rung your bell was involved and if there had been no answer when your doorbell was rung then you’re getting done??

Taking a chance with car in the drive with so many working from home but they’re well rehearsed.....

So the boy who rung your bell was involved and if there had been no answer when your doorbell was rung then you’re getting done??

Taking a chance with car in the drive with so many working from home but they’re well rehearsed.....

I think so, so did one Bizzie, the other didnae. Nothing I could do. I did go out in my car, find the boys car other end of my street, there were 5 of them. I took the reggie number, gave it to the Polis they traced it, disnae exist.

I think so, so did one Bizzie, the other didnae. Nothing I could do. I did go out in my car, find the boys car other end of my street, there were 5 of them. I took the reggie number, gave it to the Polis they traced it, disnae exist.
Been hearing more of this. Well worth getting CCTV installed. You can even check up on your phone if you ever get out or a holiday again.

We got one off those Ring doorbells for the mother in law wifes got it downloaded onto her phone

sends her a message anytime someone goes near the door and downloads the image to her phone

I work from home, so does my wife. I popped out to the car at lunchtime to stick something in my car which sits on my drive in a quiet suburban street in a posher bit of Livi. Two hours later a boy comes to me door trying to 'sell' me a free boiler, I tell him I dinnae need one, my mate is a brilliant plumber, and he says, do you know my car door is open? I check, it is, and someone has been in, rifled the glove box and nicked my sat nav and diabetic testing kit. My wifes office sits 10 feet above my car, I sit 20 feet away working, admittedly with my back to the car. Next door neighbour is a bizzie, he gets his mates right round but who ever broke in is long gone. Fuckers.
I probably know them. Your neighbour that is, not the #$#%^ blagging from your car

Sorry to hear that 1875.
Lot of dodgy fcukers doing the rounds just now.
Probably a blessing you didn’t catch them.
Wouldn’t have turned out well.

Sorry to hear that 1875.
Lot of dodgy fcukers doing the rounds just now.
Probably a blessing you didn’t catch them.
Wouldn’t have turned out well.

I hesitated as you now get done. I am sure the Wido that rung my bell to sell me a boiler/ tell me my car door was open was the thief. I thought of grabbing the *&*^ but there was in fact five of them dressed as ‘primark’ salesmen but actually opportunistic thieves.

Wanks, low life scum, defo worthwhile getting cctv, thats how I caught the same prick that broke into my flat, 1st time 2 years ago and he came back just last month, both times on cctv and captured.

The 1st time he tried the door and I was in and he made the " I was looking for your neighbour steve " there is no steve.

He was obv staking the place out.

Be wary M, they may be back.

?

I'm on a couple of community Facebook pages, as are relatives who live out in West Lothian.

There was a post just the other day of a car cruising in a posher estate, in East Calder I think, being suspicious late at night and high tailing it when confronted as they were about to remove kids bikes from a front garden. Thing that surprised me (sort of) was 'the team' included a woman and they were driving a Land Rover Discovery.

Some decent deals just now...

Battery operated..

Wired:

Got a ring doorbell last year after someone stole my Christmas lights.

I say stole but the couldn't get the plugs so snapped the wires off at the window. Pointless

Last edited:
Here is the footage from my clever dog in my stair, watch him go across the landings to my neighbours door as well..

Wanks, low life scum, defo worthwhile getting cctv, thats how I caught the same prick that broke into my flat, 1st time 2 years ago and he came back just last month, both times on cctv and captured.

The 1st time he tried the door and I was in and he made the " I was looking for your neighbour steve " there is no steve.

He was obv staking the place out.

Be wary M, they may be back.

?

I'm on a couple of community Facebook pages, as are relatives who live out in West Lothian.

There was a post just the other day of a car cruising in a posher estate, in East Calder I think, being suspicious late at night and high tailing it when confronted as they were about to remove kids bikes from a front garden. Thing that surprised me (sort of) was 'the team' included a woman and they were driving a Land Rover Discovery.
Funny this was a big white Mercedes SUV.

I feel sorry for the guys and girls who genuinely come too your door trying to sell you power etc. Aye, they're a bit of a nuisance at times but just trying to earn a living and now they're all viewed as potential thieves because of these scumbags.

Sickening absolutely sickening

I'll never understand why folk decide that being a robbing *&*^ is the right path to follow.

I'll never understand why folk decide that being a robbing *&*^ is the right path to follow.
I feel thievery is part and parcel of human history. From the snake oil salesmen, through the land speculators, to the low wage paying billionaires, we have ‘robbers’ in many guises. I imagine the ‘example’ set by ‘successful’ businesses and politicians might play a factor in influencing the choices made by the ‘common crook’.

As a teenager shoplifting was popular with many people I knew. Was ‘justified’ as it was not robbing from people directly-I know. Some guys I knew started robbing from jackets and bags in clubs (those were the days when most folk didn’t bother with cloakrooms) which seemed the ultimate in scuzzy behavior.

A brand new pair of shrink to fit jeans I’d hung out to dry were stolen when I was about 16 years old. A friend I’d fallen out with stole some records from my flat once. Our car was ‘broken into’ - actually the door had been left unlocked overnight but that’s still doesn’t give anyone the right to go in and rifle through things. Had someone climb through an upstairs bedroom window once as well. A plumbing company tried to make us spend $20k on new drainage system when a $2k option did just fine. Ricky’s music shop on Leith Walk sold me an amp for a hundred quid in 1986 that was a piece of shit. Football clubs charge season ticket holders for cup games. Frustrating as feck but sadly a reality of life. Just a phone charger and some old bank cards taken from the car and I scared the person off that came in the window before they got anything.

I don’t really know what the answer is as I don’t want to barricade myself inside my home and I don’t want to spend my days constantly checking my phone to see if the amazon delivery is being stolen.

Got burgled three times in three years living in Newcastle, never have been in Edinburgh although got my bairns buggy chored a few years back..

M didn't know you're diabetic,type 2.?
Ppl are c**ts

I’m sure Mark is Type 1, but maybe I’ve mis-remembered it. To have stuff stolen is bad enough but to have important medical equipment getting nicked is obscene. At least the car is still there.

The new tactics these guys are using are incredible.

Yes, yet one of the two police were quite dismisive of the fact I had details of the car and people involved. There was an article on line today on car break ins in BrianMC and my wider areas today. Wish I had nailed that fucker the other week, I know it was him but as my next door neighbour Polis said, had I blootered the *&*^, it would be me in court. Ye have to catch them red handed then the bizzies don't care if you batter them.

For the wider bounce massive, I installed two Blink cctv cameras on the back of this as recommended by Jamie fi the bounce. They are superb and well worth the £120.

Yes, yet one of the two police were quite dismisive of the fact I had details of the car and people involved. There was an article on line today on car break ins in BrianMC and my wider areas today. Wish I had nailed that fucker the other week, I know it was him but as my next door neighbour Polis said, had I blootered the *&*^, it would be me in court. Ye have to catch them red handed then the bizzies don't care if you batter them.

For the wider bounce massive, I installed two Blink cctv cameras on the back of this as recommended by Jamie fi the bounce. They are superb and well worth the £120.

Blink are superb. I got a two pack for the birds hoose after a car was broken in to next door. Super easy to install and hook up. Highly recommend too ?

Blink are superb. I got a two pack for the birds hoose after a car was broken in to next door. Super easy to install and hook up. Highly recommend too ?

Piece of piss to install too.

Lowlife fuckers ?

sorry to hear that Mark. Theres more good people than bad though so dont get too down.

as an aside I need a plumber, my darn mixer tap handle snapped off yesterday when I was taking a bath ??

This thread has been viewed 4225 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back