Get ross to fuck

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Why has this change in players attitudes/work rate happened though in the space of three weeks ? We were outstanding at Ibrox till Porteous was sent off, and the week before we beat St Johnstone for the first time in years and we were near the top of the league.
Could be players response to JR’s non- backing of Ryan /non-criticism of slippy and others 🤔

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge

sockyboy

Just A Radge
I didn’t mean it was acceptable. I meant it was a factor. Even if the downturn in form is due to a lack of respect after JR did not back RP, the common denominator is still being cheated. There is no denying the wheels fell off the minute that red came out.
I'm not saying you did mean it was acceptable. I think the wheels have been rattling loose for a while and losing RP was the final straw. No professional football team should collapse at the loss of a 22 year old player though. RP should be and still is learning his trade, he shouldn't be in the position where he's by far the best defender we have, nor at his age should he have that pressure on him.

Smurf

Based on results alone, I agree it’s far too early to sack Jack Ross.

However if he’s lost the dressing room (not saying that’s the case, just hypothetically) then there’s no real benefit carrying on with the manager.

I wonder how many of that team will still be with us starting next season. Seems to me most won't be.... It's a huge rebuild ahead and it depends on whether it's viewed that he's the man for it. To do it assets that are not delivering will need to be sold. These assets though are fast losing value in more ways than one.

Zab

Admin
I wonder how many of that team will still be with us starting next season. Seems to me most won't be.... It's a huge rebuild ahead and it depends on whether it's viewed that he's the man for it. To do it assets that are not delivering will need to be sold. These assets though are fast losing value in more ways than one.

There’s massive rebuild to be done, no doubt about it.

We’re only 10 games in to this season, plenty to play for and where we end up will have an impact on our budget for rebuilding. Plenty to focus on getting right in the short term: tactics, motivation, morale, performances and results to begin with. That will determine who is involved in the rebuild to come.

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but do our backroom/management staff actually carry out background checks and do the required "homework" on the opposition, their tactics, team formations etc. Seems to me that teams come to Easter Road and know exactly how we are set up and how we will play and consequently how they go about nullifying our attacking threat. We don't appear to have any sort of Plan B or able to change formations etc to alter our game plan. Just a thought but surely one of the basic jobs of the manager and his coaching staff is to identify other teams strengths/weaknesses which would allow our players to combat their tactics etc.

Smurf

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but do our backroom/management staff actually carry out background checks and do the required "homework" on the opposition, their tactics, team formations etc. Seems to me that teams come to Easter Road and know exactly how we are set up and how we will play and consequently how they go about nullifying our attacking threat. We don't appear to have any sort of Plan B or able to change formations etc to alter our game plan. Just a thought but surely one of the basic jobs of the manager and his coaching staff is to identify other teams strengths/weaknesses which would allow our players to combat their tactics etc.
The work of the English GIRFUY Scotland now not on Twitter dude.....

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Heckinbottom wasn't Ron Gordon's man. He inherited him.

On Ron Gordon's watch he appointed Jack Ross. And didn't he give him an improved new deal only 3 months ago?

I had to check back about the timings but you are right, Ron Gordon bought the club in July 2019 and Ross was appointed in the November.
Has to be said though I am fairly sure the appointment of Jack Ross as manager was very much Leeann Dempster's decision, though obviously Ron would have had to authorise it.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Wouldn't surprise me if we got a result against Celtc.
Can't see it with this team. Obviously hoping I'm completely wrong. I want to see a Hibs team go out and make the uglies cake themselves when they come to ER. Not a case of defending for their lives and 30% of play. No team (bar Barca... and maybe some other Euro elites) should be allowed to come to our home turf and dictate play.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Interesting seeing Jack Ross's comments in the Evening News today. He says we really needed a third striker in, but he has been saying this since January.

We are in a situation now where we only have one fit striker...as in his words, Jamie Gullan isn't a striker, more of a wide player. The biggest damage to Hibs preparation for this season was Doidge getting a serious injury in Croatia. We still had a fortnight left of the transfer window and it is beyond belief that the club were unable to secure an adequate replacement for Doidge, even for a short-term, just to give the manager that option for six months.

Smurf

Interesting seeing Jack Ross's comments in the Evening News today. He says we really needed a third striker in, but he has been saying this since January.

We are in a situation now where we only have one fit striker...as in his words, Jamie Gullan isn't a striker, more of a wide player. The biggest damage to Hibs preparation for this season was Doidge getting a serious injury in Croatia. We still had a fortnight left of the transfer window and it is beyond belief that the club were unable to secure an adequate replacement for Doidge, even for a short-term, just to give the manager that option for six months.
It's a disgrace that we started the season a striker short. Why did we sign another non goalscoring forward from Hull? I said at the time it was a ridiculous signing and I stand by that. It was a goalscoring forward we needed. And with Doidge out injured we needed two. It's mystifying that the young laddie O'Connor hasn't even got on the bench.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here