Media George Floyd just another in a long line.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
He said that of the 30 people who were attending they were all white faces, should that be a problem. Obviously trying to start a discussion about a racial problem which which wasnt. And to be fair I didnt get triggered by it I used it as an example of people looking for racism where it didnt exist.
Right, so just to check that I understand correctly:

Jeremy Vine asks one particular inane question during a period of wall to wall, hour after hour, live telly where there's literally nothing happening so all anyone can do is ask inane questions till they're blue in the face: SUITABLE to be quoted as an example of a wider issue

Yet another black man is unlawfully killed by the police, this time by having his neck knelt on for 9 minutes whilst pleading he's unable to breathe: NOT SUITABLE to be quoted as an example of a wider issue with police racism and must be argued against relentlessly with many dubious statistics, attacks on the victims character and spectacular levels of whataboutery.

The levels of mental contortion you're dedicating to this are genuinely quite impressive so fair play.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
Right, so just to check that I understand correctly:

Jeremy Vine asks one particular inane question during a period of wall to wall, hour after hour, live telly where there's literally nothing happening so all anyone can do is ask inane questions till they're blue in the face: SUITABLE to be quoted as an example of a wider issue

Yet another black man is unlawfully killed by the police, this time by having his neck knelt on for 9 minutes whilst pleading he's unable to breathe: NOT SUITABLE to be quoted as an example of a wider issue with police racism and must be argued against relentlessly with many dubious statistics, attacks on the victims character and spectacular levels of whataboutery.

The levels of mental contortion you're dedicating to this are genuinely quite impressive so fair play.
I'm glad you're impressed.
What dubious statistics ?
Why does every black death at the hands of the police have to be described as racism. I've no doubt some of them might be but more are probably general police brutality, sheer incompetence, bad training.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I'm glad you're impressed.
What dubious statistics ?
Why does every black death at the hands of the police have to be described as racism. I've no doubt some of them might be but more are probably general police brutality, sheer incompetence, bad training.
It doesn't have to be described as racism. But if a catalogue of events anecdotally start to look like a pattern of underlying racism most people would take the view that the right thing to do is dig further and keep digging until it's been proven one way or another. Other people prefer to expend many thousands of words telling the rest of us it's not an issue. That stance is somewhat undermined when in the next breath they quote a journalist asking a dumbass question as some kind of evidence for rampant oversensitivity to perceived racism.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
It doesn't have to be described as racism. But if a catalogue of events anecdotally start to look like a pattern of underlying racism most people would take the view that the right thing to do is dig further and keep digging until it's been proven one way or another. Other people prefer to expend many thousands of words telling the rest of us it's not an issue. That stance is somewhat undermined when in the next breath they quote a journalist asking a dumbass question as some kind of evidence for rampant oversensitivity to perceived racism.
I take it by "other people " and " they " you mean me.Just looked back through my posts and nowhere have I said racism doesnt exist or is acceptable. Also I never said anything about rampant oversensitivity to perceived racism.
There's enough racism without people like vine looking for it where it doesnt exist.
I really dont care if you or anybody else disagrees with me, I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are and if your going to use what I say to strengthen your arguement get it right.
Aggie sums all this up better than I can

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I'm certainly not a reactionary Gordon ,I'm an optimist, I think things are better than they were. Not perfect but definately better
Can definitely agree that things are getting better and sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that by constantly moving on to the next battle without looking at how far we've come. There needs to be a balance.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
A world where everyone is treated equally, where the wealth created by us is distributed equally, where everyone has enough to eat, where everyone has enough to drink where everyone has a roof over their heads, where there is an end to racism, sexism, homophobia, trans phobia, and all prejudices. Where people are free to develop themselves into whatever they desire, through properly funded education and resources. Where people feel free to say 'this is me accept me for what I am' .Where there is properly funded health and no money spared to find the cures for all our ills. Where nobody is stigmatised for whatever their mental or physical state of health might be. Where leisure time becomes more of the standard and where necessary work(cleaning the bogs and streets for instance gets decided like jury service is now).Green energy will become important and invested in ,solar power, wind farms, electric vehicles would become standard. Abortion will be on demand and family units will wither away, child care will become communal along with laundry, cooking, sex will become consensual and free, monogamous relationships will not be the norm. Religion will be practiced for those who wish it, sport may become less competitive, more for personal fitness than for winning. Science will produce the best commodities possible, all commodities will be free. The State will wither away. Eventually money relations will wither away. I'll leave it there.

aggie

Justified Radge
A world where everyone is treated equally, where the wealth created by us is distributed equally, where everyone has enough to eat, where everyone has enough to drink where everyone has a roof over their heads, where there is an end to racism, sexism, homophobia, trans phobia, and all prejudices. Where people are free to develop themselves into whatever they desire, through properly funded education and resources. Where people feel free to say 'this is me accept me for what I am' .Where there is properly funded health and no money spared to find the cures for all our ills. Where nobody is stigmatised for whatever their mental or physical state of health might be. Where leisure time becomes more of the standard and where necessary work(cleaning the bogs and streets for instance gets decided like jury service is now).Green energy will become important and invested in ,solar power, wind farms, electric vehicles would become standard. Abortion will be on demand and family units will wither away, child care will become communal along with laundry, cooking, sex will become consensual and free, monogamous relationships will not be the norm. Religion will be practiced for those who wish it, sport may become less competitive, more for personal fitness than for winning. Science will produce the best commodities possible, all commodities will be free. The State will wither away. Eventually money relations will wither away. I'll leave it there.
Any spare Soma?

Tatie

Hamesick Radge
That's some wish list mate, and 99% won't happen.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts