Media George Floyd just another in a long line.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
so you don't care about either modern slavery or racist murders, so why are you expending so much energy arguing about it. actually, don't answer that, I don't care
Yes I do care but I'm too busy working to maintain my apparently white privelaged lifestyle that I dont have time to riot or protest.

Hattie

Donator
This thread is getting boring.
i know i dont have to read it..but its here, i read it and well, I just thought id say its going nowhere, round in circles.
AND i know i probably have a cheek after some of the pish i post but.... there comes a time ( neil young) 🥴 when it isnt going anywhere and maybe, agree to disagree on terms?
im probably being hypocritical but, im just saying 💚

aggie

Justified Radge
To be honest Aggie I have no idea what his background is as it is/was not relevant to the fact he was murdered by a copper

p.s. good to see you back
I know, you're absolutely right - it is/was absolutely not relevant to the fact he was murdered by a copper.

That's not what I was saying, though - I'm saying it is relevant to the fact that the guy is being held up as some kind of saint, and in fact it's counterproductive to boot; specifically a) because it's understandable that many people baulk at deifying a guy who holds guns to pregnant women's stomachs, and b) that advancing an 'innocent martyr' narrative only arms those who want to ignore the larger issue with great 'whataboutery' fodder.

Acknowledging both that the murder was wrong and that Floyd was quite clearly a nasty piece of work shouldn't be mutually exclusive, surely? It's just puzzling to me more than anything that so many people seem so reluctant to do so.

p.s. cheers! :)

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
This thread is getting boring.
i know i dont have to read it..but its here, i read it and well, I just thought id say its going nowhere, round in circles.
AND i know i probably have a cheek after some of the pish i post but.... there comes a time ( neil young) 🥴 when it isnt going anywhere and maybe, agree to disagree on terms?
im probably being hypocritical but, im just saying 💚
Yes it is, yes you have ,yes you are but you're right

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The chinese were pretty good at it as were the mongols ,Egyptians, arabs, Russians and every other " civilisation" there's ever been. In actual fact Europeans came to it rather late in the day, 17th century.
Had the means been available to any other civilisation I'm pretty sure they would have taken advantage. Many royal navy sailors lost their lives abolishing slavery but that doesnt fit the agenda that we're responsible for all the worlds ills. Focus should be on the slavery that still exists rather than what happened in the past which nobody alive today is responsible for.
America recieved it's Independence in the late 18th Century.There was then a fight over slavery in the 1860s Civil War The KKK were set up with the support of the Democrats and their activities lasted way into the 1920's.There was at least 3 US Presidents rumoured-strongly; to have been members. An apartheid system and Jim Crow lasted up until the Civil Rights marches of the 60's.Blacks fought back as they have done recently. But it has been acknowledged by all right minded people that Slavery was a crime and should be acknowledged as such. We're not talking about Gladiator or Genghis Khan we're talking about a power that exists 'now', the biggest power in the world and it was built on the backs of slavery. If you want to talk about Hadrian's Wall or Kublai Khan go right ahead, but don't do it to deflect from the fact that there is systemic racism in the US and here racism that can be traced back to how the US Empire was built.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
No moral compasses involved re the Arabs it's an example how people are more concerned at what happened 3 or 4 hundred years ago than what is happening today, why are rentamob not rampaging outside the UAE and Saudi embassy demanding justice and an end to the slave like conditions of their foreign workers. How many fans , with views like yourself will happily go and sit in the football stadia at the world cup that many of these workers died building.
I think many fans of a certain generation have been involved in violence, including myself, but it was always against people who were fighting back, I've never held a gun to a defenceless pregnant woman's belly and I'd be shocked if anybody else on here has, he was not a nice man he was a thug.
I've demonstrated outside both the Saudi Embassy and the UAE. With a mob. I'm unable to do it at the moment due to covid restrictions.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
I've demonstrated outside both the Saudi Embassy and the UAE. With a mob. I'm unable to do it at the moment due to covid restrictions.
You lefties are all the same, demonstrations at the drop of a hat. Firstly what's your agenda, secondly, what's your agenda.

BIG G

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
America recieved it's Independence in the late 18th Century.There was then a fight over slavery in the 1860s Civil War The KKK were set up with the support of the Democrats and their activities lasted way into the 1920's.There was at least 3 US Presidents rumoured-strongly; to have been members. An apartheid system and Jim Crow lasted up until the Civil Rights marches of the 60's.Blacks fought back as they have done recently. But it has been acknowledged by all right minded people that Slavery was a crime and should be acknowledged as such. We're not talking about Gladiator or Genghis Khan we're talking about a power that exists 'now', the biggest power in the world and it was built on the backs of slavery. If you want to talk about Hadrian's Wall or Kublai Khan go right ahead, but don't do it to deflect from the fact that there is systemic racism in the US and here racism that can be traced back to how the US Empire was built.
I think the UK and the US are very different when it comes to racism. Slavery was wrong and the slave trade from africa to the west indies and the Americas was brought to a halt mainly by the efforts of the Royal Navy ,which it gets very little credit for.
There's not many countries in the world that are more tolerant of people from different ethnic backgrounds than the UK and so.etimes people look for racism where there isnt any. A recent example of that was Jeremy Vine and Philip's funeral

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
I think the UK and the US are very different when it comes to racism. Slavery was wrong and the slave trade from africa to the west indies and the Americas was brought to a halt mainly by the efforts of the Royal Navy ,which it gets very little credit for.
There's not many countries in the world that are more tolerant of people from different ethnic backgrounds than the UK and so.etimes people look for racism where there isnt any. A recent example of that was Jeremy Vine and Philip's funeral
What was the Vine/funeral stuff?

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
He asked a daft question and the sort of people who call others snowflakes got terribly worked up about it.
Terribly sad. I thought that Vine may have correctly said that the newly deceased was a bastard, racist parasite, whose equally parasitic wife has been pledged allegiance to by generations of armed bodies of men and women. Let's not forget the Polis.
Yours in utter disappointment
BIG G

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Terribly sad. I thought that Vine may have correctly said that the newly deceased was a bastard, racist parasite, whose equally parasitic wife has been pledged allegiance to by generations of armed bodies of men and women. Let's not forget the Polis.
BIG G
I suppose if he had said that you could maybe understand some people getting all purple faced about it.

But no, he just asked if it was a problem that there wouldn't be "anybody of colour" at the funeral. To which most people obviously just thought "lol that's a dumb fuck question" and carried on with their day without giving it another thought. Apparently some people got really quite triggered by it though.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
He asked a daft question and the sort of people who call others snowflakes got terribly worked up about it.
It was an example of people looking for racism where there isnt any . I cant say I noticed too many getting terribly worked up about it, most people thought it was just vine being his usual smarmy self.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
I suppose if he had said that you could maybe understand some people getting all purple faced about it.

But no, he just asked if it was a problem that there wouldn't be "anybody of colour" at the funeral. To which most people obviously just thought "lol that's a dumb fuck question" and carried on with their day without giving it another thought. Apparently some people got really quite triggered by it though.
He said that of the 30 people who were attending they were all white faces, should that be a problem. Obviously trying to start a discussion about a racial problem which which wasnt. And to be fair I didnt get triggered by it I used it as an example of people looking for racism where it didnt exist.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
BIG G
And I got ripped for calling a thug a thug. Standards eh.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts