Gay Man's Story of New York

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
Aye, it was 1st used in 1920's N Y apparently

My very good friend and fellow Hibernian, moathibby is Queer.
I do not have to Google to find that 20 years ago I would not have used the word to describe homosexual friends and acquaintances, as it was regarded derogatory and used as such. Reposessing the term by a section of the LBGT community sits well with me.
The real word offence and intent is not in word's themself but often preceding and following ones.

Fucking Queer Bastard.
Fucking Paki Bastard
Fucking Black Bastard
Fucking Nigger Bastard
Fucking Jew Bastard
Fucking Paddy Bastard
Fucking Polish Bastard
Fucking Orange Bastard
Fucking Fenian Bastard

BIG G

Chester Perry

Thank you god, for football, for Maradona.
VIP Member
Registered
Goes back a long way but with a few swings and changes in meaning:

- bunch of sticks to start fire
- burden (something that has to be carried)
- woman (denigration)
- effeminate man (epitome of woman)

From a source I trust
From South Park?
Goes back a long way but with a few swings and changes in meaning:

- bunch of sticks to start fire
- burden (something that has to be carried)
- woman (denigration)
- effeminate man (epitome of woman)

From a source I trust

And now it refers to someone who is annoying (thanks South Park). Gay, used to mean happy, then happy guy into other happy guys and now can mean something that is rubbish. But N word, from a non PoC will always be wrong.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
VIP Member
Registered
From South Park?

And now it refers to someone who is annoying (thanks South Park). Gay, used to mean happy, then happy guy into other happy guys and now can mean something that is rubbish. But N word, from a non PoC will always be wrong.
Huh? I did include a link..."

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
From South Park?

It’s a nasty word.
The Dambusters leader ... Guy somebody? .... had a black lab called er.... that word ... who drank beer with the guys in the mess. I think the poor animal was killed on the night of that famous raid. Papped by a car rather than popped by a cap.
The dug has a memorial somewhere which had to change his name due to possible offence.

Correct decision - or Dugshite

You decide.

Chester Perry

Thank you god, for football, for Maradona.
VIP Member
Registered
It’s a nasty word.
The Dambusters leader ... Guy somebody? .... had a black lab called er.... that word ... who drank beer with the guys in the mess. I think the poor animal was killed on the night of that famous raid. Papped by a car rather than popped by a cap.
The dug has a memorial somewhere which had to change his name due to possible offence.

You decide.

mare we trying to erase history here, Proud Boys might show up. Dogs name was wrong. But it’s only a dog. Which a lot of white folk are more about than the life of a black guy. I’m off for some Coon cheese.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
mare we trying to erase history here, Proud Boys might show up. Dogs name was wrong. But it’s only a dog. Which a lot of white folk are more about than the life of a black guy. I’m off for some Coon cheese.
Good idea.
Soak up some of the booze.

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered
From what I can see the term faggot for homosexuals wasnt used until the 1920's, a few hundred years after they stopped burning people at the stake , so I think any connection between the two is unlikely. Could be wrong of course.
I was told this by a guy in the Laughing Duck so I could be wrong.

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered
Fags were named after the faggots used to burn witches.Witches burned in the USA too.
Quite often there were mass burnings suspected witches placed in the centre surrounded by suspected homosexuals placed around them i.e human faggots.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
And since that day I have saved £27,045. That’s at 2006 prices so I’ve actually saved quite a bit more. Now feeling very gay knowing that.

Hectorhib

VIP Member
Registered
It’s a nasty word.

You decide.
Dug prolly fou when it was run oer

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered
You seem to be quite informed on this subject Moaty.

I’m starting to suspect......

Are you a witch?
Took an interest during my Goff phase. Bought a book called the encyclopaedia of Demonology and Witchcraft (probably because it contained pictures of people in the scuddie) bought tarot cards read up on Alesteir Crowley and all that pish. Quickley came to the conclusion it was a lot of pish.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks