• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Gardening.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
In these days of social isolation I find it good therapy to go into my mum's garden to do some work. Sometimes I cut the grass, sometimes I weed, sometimes it's pruning or dead heading. I like to see the various plants coming out. Be they Roses or Camelia ,Forsythia, and Cotoneaster. I like to pick the Strawberries and the Rasps, cutting the Rhubarb. But when I need cheering up it's amazing how often I find myself being drawn back to the Fuchsia.

You know you're getting old when... šŸ˜‚

I've gradually got more and more involved in gardening in the last 6 years or so. Mainly for the kids initially but it's become something I really enjoy, even weeding and other mundane parts. Watching new plants grow is particularly rewarding.

At first I fecked it all up by making big lawns but I've gradually introduced shrubs, trees, fruit, borders, patios, a raised bed, pond and other good stuff and it now looks pretty decent, especially in the summer. It's been the perfect pastime for lockdowns.

I like a good fuchsia.

Thought youā€™d be nearer to being a daffy man.

Hate. Fuc*ing. Gardening.

Just gardening Iā€™m not keen on.
Donā€™t do much of either.

20 years I've been cutting, feeding and weeding my wee bit of grass. It still looks shite.

20 years I've been cutting, feeding and weeding my wee bit of grass. It still looks shite.
So it's westside no very green

I bet your cabbages are all brae and nae heid :gigglle:

More old days backgreen, a few bits of grass surrounded by dandelions.

I once found a trumpet half buried in my garden, so I rooteditoot.

yer all growing the wrong flowers.

In these days of social isolation I find it good therapy to go into my mum's garden to do some work. Sometimes I cut the grass, sometimes I weed, sometimes it's pruning or dead heading. I like to see the various plants coming out. Be they Roses or Camelia ,Forsythia, and Cotoneaster. I like to pick the Strawberries and the Rasps, cutting the Rhubarb. But when I need cheering up it's amazing how often I find myself being drawn back to the Fuchsia.
Yer getting grassed up to yer auld mother what you have been growing in her greenhouse all these years Angus....

BIG G

The pitch invasion was only 2016?

This thread has been viewed 938 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£100.75
Back