• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Fridjonnson

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Reaction score
Not LG on loan but has anyone heard that we might get this guy on loan from Celtic??

Yes it's true we are interested apparently. Confirmed by someone who that has ties with Celtic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's true we are interested apparently. Confirmed by someone I know that has ties with Celtic.

Not LG on loan but has anyone heard that we might get this guy on loan from Celtic??

6 month loan deal 6ft Striker who banged in a few goals for their u20's, just been told this 10mins ago.

6 month loan deal 6ft Striker who banged in a few goals for their u20's, just been told this 10mins ago.

Sigh. Remember when we could compete with Celtc, rather than beg for their scraps?

Don't care how good he or LG are. I just can't stomach the prospect of us developing their players and profits (or, as in the case of Richie Towell, being the failed acid test on whether they can cut it) like some kind of wee feeder club.

The only priority for us is of course to get promotion but still... AS has extensive contacts & knowledge of players in England which he's been using- just use them more and save some of our remaining dignity FFS.

:banger::banger::banger:

Sadly we will be using him at the expense of another young player who banged goals in at under 20 level. I'm not for this at all, I would prefer to see out=r own youngster [Cummings] develop rather than a dodger player getting that benefit.

Except LG of course, I would welcome him back with open arms.

Sadly we will be using him at the expense of another young player who banged goals in at under 20 level. I'm not for this at all, I would prefer to see out=r own youngster [Cummings] develop rather than a dodger player getting that benefit.

Except LG of course, I would welcome him back with open arms.

Maybe this comes from our new chief scout mate.

Sigh. Remember when we could compete with Celtc, rather than beg for their scraps?

This

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this comes from our new chief scout mate.

I don't really care about where it stemmed from and I wouldn't use it as an indictment against our new chief scout [?] but I am against the move if it is real.

If he gets 20 goals to keep us in touch with the top that's all I'm worrying about. Mission one is get out of this league. We'll be in a far better position to develop our youngsters in the premiership. We can't even afford to keep most of them on in this league. Hence 4 have signed for St Mirren, Kilmarnock and ICT.

Fridjonnson is an excellent young striker by all accounts, ideally I would prefer we got in a more experienced player to compete for a front place. The problem we have is that Heffernan is not reliable enough fitness wise, plus he has missed most of the pre-season so is going to take quite a while to get up to speed if he ever does. El Alagui is the kind of player who is going to pick up injuries as the season goes on and looks to me a bit hot headed as well so will pick up bookings and therefore suspensions.

I agree that it does not look good getting young players on loan from Celtic and normally I would be against it, but we are not competing in the same league as them this season so we just need players in from anywhere who can do the business in this league. Jason Cummings I'm sure will have plenty of chances to show what he can do this season. It's just important we have serious competition for goals in the team. If we get this guy plus another central defender who can play at right-back in that should be enough. I do think we could also do with a tough defensive midfielder in as well but I doubt the budget will stretch that far.

The fact we are now looking to Celtic for loans indicates to me that Stubbs has been unable to pursued any of the English born Everton kids to come north.

I get the unease about this but if it happens I'm assuming its about giving us 2 people to play each type of striker. So Cummings and Heff for the wee nippy on the shoulder striker and this fella and El Alagui as the bigger set up player? Or am I reading this all wrong?

The fact we are now looking to Celtic for loans indicates to me that Stubbs has been unable to pursued any of the English born Everton kids to come north.

I get the impression that Martinez was somewhat reluctant to loan out too many of his promising youngsters due to Everton's Europa league campaign. We done well to get Kennedy, but I think the giveaway was in the official announcement when Kennedy was signed...Stubbs went out of his way to thank Everton for allowing him to come up to Hibs, that would make me think that he was the only one we were going to get from them. Pity, but there you go...hopefully we can get one or two good ones from elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the unease about this but if it happens I'm assuming its about giving us 2 people to play each type of striker. So Cummings and Heff for the wee nippy on the shoulder striker and this fella and El Alagui as the bigger set up player? Or am I reading this all wrong?

No, I think your are right

If he comes and scores the goals that get us up I dont care where he comes from. Of course I want our players developed, but maybe AS has recognised that JC might need more time and personal training, he hasnt looked like scoring 10 in a season so far never mind 20

Might be true, but equally as likely Everton's targets have not been acheived (yet?) and until they do, Solo Lo Mejor Martinez will not release his young prospects?

Heff is nippy?

is it fact?

As far as I can see, its only fans talk, unsubstantiated rumour, unsubstantiated counter-rumour and the usual uninformed opinion.

No one knows for sure that Stubbs has even picked up the phone and spoke to Delilah

is it fact?

As far as I can see, its only fans talk, unsubstantiated rumour, unsubstantiated counter-rumour and the usual uninformed opinion.

No one knows for sure that Stubbs has even picked up the phone and spoke to Delilah

Apparently he was heard to ask..."why why why"
:rascal:

Fridjonnson is an excellent young striker by all accounts, ideally I would prefer we got in a more experienced player to compete for a front place. The problem we have is that Heffernan is not reliable enough fitness wise, plus he has missed most of the pre-season so is going to take quite a while to get up to speed if he ever does. El Alagui is the kind of player who is going to pick up injuries as the season goes on and looks to me a bit hot headed as well so will pick up bookings and therefore suspensions.

I agree that it does not look good getting young players on loan from Celtic and normally I would be against it, but we are not competing in the same league as them this season so we just need players in from anywhere who can do the business in this league. Jason Cummings I'm sure will have plenty of chances to show what he can do this season. It's just important we have serious competition for goals in the team. If we get this guy plus another central defender who can play at right-back in that should be enough. I do think we could also do with a tough defensive midfielder in as well but I doubt the budget will stretch that far.

agree with this - I am not totally against loaning from Celtic or indeed other teams in Scotland if it benefits us in the short term (i.e. promotion). Loans can benefit the donor club sometimes but equally it can give a player that wasn't getting a chance before a taste of first time football and assuming its a success they may be persuaded to move on a more permanent basis if they feel it's benefit their development (contract dependent). Critical is that they would significantly improve the squad by being here. Off course the ideal is to have a team of players who've all come through EM and are dyed in the wool Hibees like us but until we get to that stage I'd be totally content to wheel and deal as best we can.

is it fact?

It is but whether we will get the player is another story. I know someone that is good friends with a first team Celtic player.

Botrtom line is Stubbs will be sacked if he doesnt get the results required, and will be revered if he does....on that basis he will bring in who he thinks will bring wins

nae probs wae that but players don't always know everything about other players.

a wee story
an ex ginger manager walks into dressing room with tall blonde good looking johnny foreigner guy. "right guys this is Franck, he'll be playing for us"

according to team captain, who didn't even know we had signed Sauzee

true story, if you want to believe it :wink:

I understand we were refused Hope who was another target of Stubb's, Heff's injury prone concerns me and if this lad scores plenty of goals he will do for me in AS & Co we trust :thumbgrin

I'm not that fussed about taking a player from Celtic if he will be a help. Yeah, it would be nice to play our own lads, but I'd rather the first team won games if I'm honest.

Anyone know what happened to this rumour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this guy the "Booby prize". We ask for Leigh back but they say no, but you can have ......Time we tested their resolve, empty the biscuit tin and BUY, [yes I did say "BUY"] Griffiths. If it costs us 1 mil, then so be it. Just stop pussyfooting around and sign hi on a permanent deal ffs

Anyone know what happened to this rumour?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's signed for Brondby.

This thread has been viewed 2054 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back