• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Fraser Fyvie

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Rumour is he has came back after his holidays, asked to sign the deal offered, Hibs have said the deal is no longer on the table? Big mistake by Hibs IMO?

Will be disappointed if this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumour is he has came back after his holidays, asked to sign the deal offered, Hibs have said the deal is no longer on the table? Big mistake by Hibs IMO?
That's a bad move, cracking player that deserves to be with us in the premiership. Hope this turns out to be wrong bud.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The Sun....

FRASER FYVIE’S Hibs career appears OVER after the midfielder knocked back the club’s offer of a new deal.

The midfielder was among a group of players offered new contracts following the club’s promotion back to the Premiership.

Fyvie is on the lookout for a new club after rejecting Hibs' contract offer

But SunSport understands Scottish Cup winner Fyvie, in contrast to David Gray, Darren McGregor and Liam Fontaine, who have all signed on again, turned down the proposed terms.

And that has now led to the Easter Road outfit withdrawing their proposal, leaving the 24-year-old free to find a new club.

Would rather see Fraser in the team than bartley tbh obviously Lennon isn't to bothered.

I'm assuming the reason the deal is no longer on the table is that Lennon thinks he can replace with better. I hope so as otherwise we're losing a very useful player.

Mixed feelings as I thought Fyvie was an important player for us. He often took the ball, while under pressure and made himself available. On the flip side it's maybe an indication of the more ruthless approach we've needed in our recruitment..time will tell I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would rather see Fraser in the team than bartley tbh obviously Lennon isn't to bothered.

I agree.

Reading the sun story I'd say it sounds like you're spot on.

Reading the sun story I'd say it sounds like you're spot on.

I do my very best never to read Sun stories, Kenny Millar or otherwise.

I do my very best never to read Sun stories, Kenny Millar or otherwise.

Me too - I just read what m posted above. It seemed like there was a chance for ff & nl to draw a line and move on together. nl & ld seem to have chosen not to. #ruthless

I'll be gutted if Fyvie leaves. He's a cracking player. Seemed to lose confidence after his injury and struggled to get going again. When him, McGeough and McGinn all play together they play lovely stuff.

the highly annoying boy who sits behind me will be delighted, he absolutely hates Fyvie, thinks he is lazy!!

the highly annoying boy who sits behind me will be delighted, he absolutely hates Fyvie, thinks he is lazy!!

What does the boys guide dog think?

Fyvie was a key player and under rated by many.
However, it looks like he was hanging on for an offer elsewhere. Which didn't apparently materialise.
If he wasn't that bothered about Hibs then I'm not that bothered about him.

Pity.

A committed FF could have continued to be a Hero for a couple of years more at least,

- - - Updated - - -

What does the boys guide dog think?

He thinks he's pretty ruff.

Fraser Fyvie has been a good player for Hibs and is a club legend along with all those involved on 21/5/2016. I'd rather he stayed and I'll be sorry to see him go. I don't think it helps to speculate on the reasons why he is turning down the deal and whether or not Hibs had put a timetable on it. The truth is that none of us know the real reasons. At the end of the day it's his decision and he will now be moving on. I wish him well for the rest of his career.

What surprises me in the" Lennon dosent seem to rate Fyvie " affair , is that he is very much a Lennon type player. His style of keeping it simple, taking the ball from them in trouble and giving it to a player in space, having a dig , getting involved in battles and moaning at opponents team mates and official, is exactly what Lennon was like as a player. He even looks like him!!:lookaround:

I can only think that Fyvie has an injury he just can't shake. He hasn't looked particularly fit all season and as much as I rate Fyvie highly, we can't carry passengers , if the fitness thing is indeed a factor.
He didn't amass a lot of game time last season if memory serves me right.
I could see him signing for the gunts, which would be a kick in the stones for us , if he returns to the form he showed .

Over the last couple of seasons we have had four very good central midfield players who all brought different qualities to the team. However, the one thing none of them reallly offered was a regular supply of goals from midfield. So while Fraser Fyvie will be a loss, if he is replaced with a midfielder who can offer the same committed performances with a greater chance of adding some much needed fire power to our midfield, then we will have improved that area of the team.

Big mistake.

Big mistake.
What worries me even more is if someone does come calling for McGinn then we need to find a replacement for both of them. That's a very big ask imo.

It'll be a shame to see him go. As I've said before he's a better option than Bartley as he takes the ball off the defence instead of them lumping it forward all the time but he does give it away a lot too, maybe this season Bartley will thrive against more forthcoming teams and we will quickly forget about him

Big mistake.

Bigger mistake by Fyvie.
He's had several weeks to sign up but chose to look elsewhere. Hibs are bigger than the player, and if we have another player in mind now then so be it.
I'd much prefer that he had accepted the offer, but when I make a job offer I don't hang about for weeks waiting on an acceptance. If they aren't keen to sign up then I no longer want them.
That's life.

Bigger mistake by Fyvie.
He's had several weeks to sign up but chose to look elsewhere. Hibs are bigger than the player, and if we have another player in mind now then so be it.
I'd much prefer that he had accepted the offer, but when I make a job offer I don't hang about for weeks waiting on an acceptance. If they aren't keen to sign up then I no longer want them.
That's life.

So did he definitely now want to sign?

Bigger mistake by Fyvie.
That's life.

Agree. We dunno what Lennon's budget is. He has brought in two new players and perhaps he has made offers for other players...or intends to. The money to keep Fyvie might be part of what is now aimed at someone or more than one other person. Sad it might seem, but when the boot is on the other foot, players will up and leave without a thought for the team who gave them a chance

No mucking about, get deals sorted early and new players in.
No time fior humming and hawing imo.
Its his own fault
Time to move on, i lke the way the board are doing their business

So did he definitely now want to sign?

Contracts were handed out mid April as I remember.
It's not as if it was waved under his nose and then snatched away.

Presumably he couldn't get a better offer or just 'had to think about it' for a few weeks too long.

Been badly advised by his agent? Perhaps fancied a peep inside Calderwood's bags o' sweeties?!

Good to see Hibs aren't mucking about on these kind of things though. And there does seem to be a determination to get most of the serious business done early this close season, which bodes well for the coming season.

Been badly advised by his agent? Perhaps fancied a peep inside Calderwood's bags o' sweeties?!

Good to see Hibs aren't mucking about on these kind of things though. And there does seem to be a determination to get most of the serious business done early this close season, which bodes well for the coming season.

His best pal is Ryan Jack.

I'm not saying that the The Huns were turning his head...........

His best pal is Ryan Jack.

I'm not saying that the The Huns were turning his head...........
I fully expect Fyvie to replace Jack at Aberdeen.

Presumably he couldn't get a better offer or just 'had to think about it' for a few weeks too long.

Fair enough. I wonder if we've given similar deadlines to Whittaker etc...

Fair enough. I wonder if we've given similar deadlines to Whittaker etc...

Maybe all the criticism we've levelled at Hibs for last minute signings has led to 'sign or fcuk off' deals being more the norm.
It's not uncommon for agents or players to do as Kev suggests above, and perhaps Hibs are taking a firmer line. If we just fanny about until the last minute and then FF signs for the The Huns not only do we lose a talented player, but we have very little time to find an able replacement.

It's a gamble either way I suppose.

Sorry to see him go, but c'est la vie.

100% mate, the contracts were on the table for a while, although I understand Fyvie had other offers which was confirmed by NL after.

He went on holiday and was to think things over. In NL & Co we trust must mean better is to come in.

Maybe all the criticism we've levelled at Hibs for last minute signings has led to 'sign or fcuk off' deals being more the norm.
It's not uncommon for agents or players to do as Kev suggests above, and perhaps Hibs are taking a firmer line. If we just fanny about until the last minute and then FF signs for the The Huns not only do we lose a talented player, but we have very little time to find an able replacement.

It's a gamble either way I suppose.

Sorry to see him go, but c'est la vie.

The new attitude( if that's what is happening?) to signing players/offering contracts early, is maybe Lennon putting his foot down after the sagas of January.
If that's is the case , then good. How often have we bemoaned the last minute loan capers?

On this, what is the story with Martin Boyle, he had his offer at the same time, why has he not signed?

On this, what is the story with Martin Boyle, he had his offer at the same time, why has he not signed?

Apparently on holiday in Dubai?

I heard he has signed mate, maybe waiting to announce him, Efe and Rocky.

I heard he has signed mate, maybe waiting to announce him, Efe and Rocky.

So possibly the same situation as Fyvie?

Judging by his Instagram account he's been back a week or so.

In terms of Fyvie, I know it's not necessarily fair but I can't help but feel he has this childish, petulant streak in him. In a scenario where hibs have pulled the contract I side with the club here as it's not out of his character to act churlishly. I'd envisage him thinking he can do what he likes and the club getting fed up with him.

I don't base that just on his behaviour at the semi final either - he's always seemed to have that side of him just seeing him interviewed and his reactions to other players on the pitch.

Like I say, probably not the fairest assessment but it's a gut feeling I've always had about his attitude.

Judging by his Instagram account he's been back a week or so.

In terms of Fyvie, I know it's not necessarily fair but I can't help but feel he has this childish, petulant streak in him. In a scenario where hibs have pulled the contract I side with the club here as it's not out of his character to act churlishly. I'd envisage him thinking he can do what he likes and the club getting fed up with him.

I don't base that just on his behaviour at the semi final either - he's always seemed to have that side of him just seeing him interviewed and his reactions to other players on the pitch.

Like I say, probably not the fairest assessment but it's a gut feeling I've always had about his attitude.

Yip I agree. It's often forgotten how young he is. Maybe because of his mature performance on the park. I too think at times if the game isn't going his way he gives the impression through body language of petulance. I've never felt Lennon really rates him?

Yip I agree. It's often forgotten how young he is. Maybe because of his mature performance on the park. I too think at times if the game isn't going his way he gives the impression through body language of petulance. I've never felt Lennon really rates him?

Yeah I think under a more forgiving manager like Stubbs he had more leeway.

Lennon isn't someone who will tolerate that and I think that's what has affected his game time last season and ultimately looks like he doesn't have the patience for him in general.

I must say, I enjoyed some of his performances in a Hibs shirt but I don't doubt we can replace him.
For him it's a shame because I think if he stuck around he would get a lot more game time next year with us looking set to move to playing a back 3.

So possibly the same situation as Fyvie?

All the others signed well before it was official mate.

This thread has been viewed 8628 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back