Fraser Fyvie

tricky

Legendary Radge
If we're not having much success getting a replacement I'd be delighted if we re-signed Fyvie. I always thought he was a victim of his own desire to take the ball under pressure..makes him more of a target for the type of fans who love to jump on a players mistakes in a match.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

agree with that re FF, does not hide from taking responsibility even when things not coming off

Admin
If we're not having much success getting a replacement I'd be delighted if we re-signed Fyvie. I always thought he was a victim of his own desire to take the ball under pressure..makes him more of a target for the type of fans who love to jump on a players mistakes in a match.

If I'm honest I'd rather keep Fyvie than sign what appears a reluctant Whittaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spot on.

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
To be fair a lot of players will train with former clubs when out of contract, would rather that than him come back weeks behind. Not that I think he will come back, seems to be too many issues hidden away.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Steve20

Donator
So we have weakened our own midfield and potentially strengthened Aberdeen's. All because Lennon spat the dummy.

Jack

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
So we have weakened our own midfield and potentially strengthened Aberdeen's. All because Lennon spat the dummy.

I doubt he'll join them. As Steve20 said players often train with previous clubs and I think he's from that neck of the woods so is probably staying with family.

To be honest while a decent player for us I think the will be looking for better, if they're looking at all.

Smurf

Aberdeen would be mental not to take him. Around good players be does well. He always looks for the ball and with clever players playing off him...

I suspect they'll sign him.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge

I’m not sure Fraser will be a big loss to us. That may seem contradictory bearing in mind that I rate him as a player, but the reality is that Lennon is likely to go with Bartman more often than not this coming season. We will be playing stronger teams, and ‘parking the bus’ at ER won’t be the common event it was in the last three years. Bartman and Fraser don’t play well together is a pretty common view I suspect, so Fraser’s gametime may be limited to cover for Barts. Does that justify a big wage?

Debateable.

As for the Sheep signing him, they know he’s scratching about now so they might make an offer, but they won’t break the bank. I think he may be a bit part player at the Sheep too.

So the extent that we have been weakened and our rival strengthened (if he signs) may be pretty marginal.

I still wish it had never worked out this way, because at the end of the day the boy is a Cup Winning Legend.

IAmLee

Well-Known Radge
I’m not sure Fraser will be a big loss to us. That may seem contradictory bearing in mind that I rate him as a player, but the reality is that Lennon is likely to go with Bartman more often than not this coming season. We will be playing stronger teams, and ‘parking the bus’ at ER won’t be the common event it was in the last three years. Bartman and Fraser don’t play well together is a pretty common view I suspect, so Fraser’s gametime may be limited to cover for Barts. Does that justify a big wage?

Debateable.

As for the Sheep signing him, they know he’s scratching about now so they might make an offer, but they won’t break the bank. I think he may be a bit part player at the Sheep too.

So the extent that we have been weakened and our rival strengthened (if he signs) may be pretty marginal.

I still wish it had never worked out this way, because at the end of the day the boy is a Cup Winning Legend.

Bartley would be the first name on the team sheet against the likes of Celtic, sevco, Aberdeen and possibly hertz but I'd have Fyvie over him for every other game tbh! This is obviously my personal opinion but I feel we don't play as well with Barts in the team, especially in a 4-4-2! He's meant to be the deepest lying midfielder but Dylan and John always seem to have to come a lot further back (even behind him sometimes) to get the ball and make things happen when he plays. In contrast when Fraser plays they can stay that wee bit further forward, allowing us to attack faster. I also think we tend to play more hoofball when Barts plays and just seemed a lot more fluid when Fraser was playing instead. That's not to say that Dylan and John won't play as the two central midfielders and make my whole point moot, more just that I'll be worried about the type of football we're going to be playing if Lennon intends to start Bartley in every game next season.

dmn1989

Well-Known Radge
Fyvie has officially signed for Dundee United. All the best to him, still saddened to see him leave.

Kenny

Legendary Radge

Debateable.

all of the above... we probably have cover for bartley in the squad. fyvie would be better cover - but just that - he'd be cover.

I'd hope bartley plays every minute of every game.

Greenmachine

All the best to Fraser Fyvie at Dundee United who now have three former Hibees playing for them...Keatings, Stanton and now Fraser Fyvie.
He was a fine player for us and became an all time Hibs legend for his big part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.
Hope United get the automatic promotion place, and IMO it will be a straight fight between them and Falkirk.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
All the best to Fraser Fyvie at Dundee United who now have three former Hibees playing for them...Keatings, Stanton and now Fraser Fyvie.
He was a fine player for us and became an all time Hibs legend for his big part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.
Hope United get the automatic promotion place, and IMO it will be a straight fight between them and Falkirk.

All the best Fraser. Forever a Hibs legend.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
All the very best Fraser, it was a pleasure to see you in the green and white.

It must be amazing for anyone who was involved telling their kids - yeah I was playing the day Hibernian fc overturned 114 years of history.

Kenny

Legendary Radge
All the very best Fraser, it was a pleasure to see you in the green and white.

It must be amazing for anyone who was involved telling their kids - yeah I was playing the day Hibernian fc overturned 114 years of history.

last player to win an FA Cup and a Scottish Cup.