Forwsrd

beefy

Easy Now Radge
I'm fucked off being fucked off at Hibs, it's new for me, usually blindly fall into what we're doing..

All of that and I still like Lennon, but he needs to figure out what the fuck he's doing.

What I actually think. Is that we've overspent our budget, out the cup has hit us way earlier than we thought, we're not up to the top 3 so we've cut back. I think this is more a money saver than a transfer "strategy"
Hee hee Hammi lad. The Hibs will drive ya mental as the years go on. I'm talkin' full on RADGE!!! Been there done that many many times, (I packed them in plenty times the dirty hoor) but trust me there is a point in a Hibees life when it goes full circle and ye end up being a wizened, wised up auld git that's seen it all before. And ye learn that it is all futile but ya love the Hibs regardless. And then ye die. :burnout:

Keep yer fires burning though young man. Gets the blood pumping :bouncy:

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Hee hee Hammi lad. The Hibs will drive ya mental as the years go on. I'm talkin' full on RADGE!!! Been there done that many many times, (I packed them in plenty times the dirty hoor) but trust me there is a point in a Hibees life when it goes full circle and ye end up being a wizened, wised up auld git that's seen it all before. And ye learn that it is all futile but ya love the Hibs regardless. And then ye die. :burnout:

Keep yer fires burning though young man. Gets the blood pumping :bouncy:

Ha! Cheers, they do drive me mental!
I'll survive, I'll still go along, no like I know any different, but everything's changing.

We're back to a team full of loan players again, less and less of our signings are young players. Simon Murray is a young player that's already overachieving what anybody expected if him and somehow finds himself on the wrong end of Celtics droit du seigneur*
Two best midfielders likely to leave in the summer and the real possibility of Scott Allen becoming our replacement becomes an issue. But it's okay, he was quality a few years ago.
But I do, truly feel like despite where we currently are in the league, we're taking very real steps backwards with recruitment and the shape of our team next year doesn't look like we've given it any thought at all.

(except Bain, that I totally thought would turn into a permanent)

*dunno if that's how you use it, but I knew the phrase and I've always wanted to use it.
Definitely how I felt last night.

*no idea

Smurf

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
So long as we're happy with Boyle and McGinn as our top scorers.

Fwiw, such a ruthless manager, same guy who gave Stokes every chance under the sun, same guy who persisted playing Stokes despite numerous sub par performances, persisted with Whittaker until he couldn't play anymore. So ruthless we let Efe not turn up for training at the start of the season at still walk into the team.

Letting Simon Murray leave had nothing to do with being ruthless.

So why wasn't he consistently selecting him?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

Could only be because he's shite obviously :coffee:

I don't know, I don't know why Neil's done anything... Thought it was obvious I don't understand whats just happened at the club :dunno:

Are you honestly saying he hadn't earned the right to try and turn his form back around? Not like he's been anywhere near terrible on the park yet.
Don't think I've claimed Murray was any kind of world beater, but I've seen how hard he works and how much it means to him. I think he deserved his chance.

Smurf

Could only be because he's $#@!e obviously :coffee:

I don't know, I don't know why Neil's done anything... Thought it was obvious I don't understand whats just happened at the club :dunno:

Are you honestly saying he hadn't earned the right to try and turn his form back around? Not like he's been anywhere near terrible on the park yet.
Don't think I've claimed Murray was any kind of world beater, but I've seen how hard he works and how much it means to him. I think he deserved his chance.

So now you are suggesting he's not had his chance? I like Murray a lot. You can't help but admire ANY player who busts a gut giving 100% each and every game. However, it's become pretty obvious if we are all honest that he's not good enough at our level. What's our level? Top 4. Would he get in the Aberdeen team? No. And that's the level we are aiming to get at.

Senior_Webby

Well-Known Radge

Does Lennon have Favourites you think? He defo didn’t fancy Murray for some reason.

It does seem a strange one to me, who’s at Celtic we’d take in summer, genuine question? I think this has partly been done to keep Celtic happy and we’ve ended up with Allan on loan as part of it.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
So now you are suggesting he's not had his chance? I like Murray a lot. You can't help but admire ANY player who busts a gut giving 100% each and every game. However, it's become pretty obvious if we are all honest that he's not good enough at our level. What's our level? Top 4. Would he get in the Aberdeen team? No. And that's the level we are aiming to get at.

And you can say with confidence any of these loaned superstars would?
And honestly, half a year after signing for a new club, your 11 goals to the good, good enough for top scorer, fans for the most part sing your name and somehow you don't deserve the second half of the season?

Whatever man, I'm done arguing over this window, quite over winding myself up.
I'm glad you're delighted with the work we've done this window.

Feel like I need a few days off, catch you all later.

Zab

Admin

100% agree. If our aspirations are top 4, Murray isn’t at the level. His signing was a gamble, he done better than I thought but he’s still not going to reach the level we need. I don’t know if the new signings will either.

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly, half a year after signing for a new club, your 11 goals to the good, good enough for top scorer, fans for the most part sing your name and somehow you don't deserve the second half of the season?

6 league goals is more telling - not a bad return by any means, but did he look like getting 20, I’m not so sure.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
100% agree. If our aspirations are top 4, Murray isn’t at the level. His signing was a gamble, he done better than I thought but he’s still not going to reach the level we need. I don’t know if the new signings will either.

I'm so full of shit. Not even away yet and I'm here...

How can you possibly know that? You'd think our whole team was flying except him :dunno:
Imagine Lewis and Paul were shown such treatment, or perhaps Dylan at the start of this season?
Boyle wasn't at this level not too long ago, look at what a season of getting to play as a winger has done for him.

Same question... I assume you also think all our loan stars would walk into the Aberdeen team, 2 of which can't even walk into our team, and Cammy Bell... Fuck sake

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

6 league goals is more telling - not a bad return by any means, but did he look like getting 20, I’m not so sure.

Aye we only count league goals... How many league goals did Stokes score on that day?

Admin
Hammi said:
Simon Murray is a young player that's already overachieving what anybody expected if him and somehow finds himself on the wrong end of Celtics droit du seigneur*

That turn of phrase has me applauding you young man, excellent!

Hattie

Donator
Does Lennon have Favourites you think? He defo didn’t fancy Murray for some reason.

It does seem a strange one to me, who’s at Celtic we’d take in summer, genuine question? I think this has partly been done to keep Celtic happy and we’ve ended up with Allan on loan as part of it.

So you’re suggesting he’s putting celtc before Hibs?? Wow

Zab

Admin
I'm so full of shit. Not even away yet and I'm here...

How can you possibly know that? You'd think our whole team was flying except him :dunno:
Imagine Lewis and Paul were shown such treatment, or perhaps Dylan at the start of this season?
Boyle wasn't at this level not too long ago, look at what a season of getting to play as a winger has done for him.

Same question... I assume you also think all our loan stars would walk into the Aberdeen team, 2 of which can't even walk into our team, and Cammy Bell... Fuck sake

- - - Updated - - -

Aye we only count league goals... How many league goals did Stokes score on that day?

Dylan nearly was given that treatment in the summer. Long serving players aren’t really comparable. Only Lennon knows what his expectations of Murray were, and what he sees in training from him.

I already said I don’t know if they will be any good. They haven’t played enough (or at all) yet to judge them, but I’ve seen enough of Simon Murray to know he’s not going to take the place of Adam Rooney or Stevie May.

Come on you know as well as I do that Stokes’ Scottish cup final goals don’t have any bearing on what we achieve this season.

I’m looking at Simon Murray’s league goals becuase it’s the only competition we’re in, and it’s clear that Lennon doesn’t think he’ll offer enough to achieve 4th.

At the end of the day we’ve made some drastic moves in January m, none of us know how it’ll work. The new striker made a good start, so that’s something.

Greenmachine

I don't agree with Hammi that Lennon has put Celtic's interests to the forefront in this 3 way deal, but I do think he has a point regarding his treatment of Murray and what we have ended up with in the cold light of day. The fact is that all three strikers signed last summer have either in the managers eyes proven not good enough or in Stokes case being a masssive liability affecting the morale of the squad. When you add to that Steven Whittaker's astonishing three year deal at the age of 33 it has to be said that the managers judgement in the transfer market with certain players has been questionable. On the flip side he could justifiably say they have proved successful as the team are fourth in the league and IMO overachieving given where we have came from. I do find the treatment of Simon Murray rather strange. Lennon was gushing in praise of him at the start of the season especially after his early goals including a great goal at Ibrox, and we rejected a bid from a Turkish club only a few weeks ago. If it was the case that Murray didn't want to go why was that not given as the reason for the bid failing ? In fact Hibs stated that the offer didn't match their valuation of him.

I have to say I am concerned that our front three are very much newcomers to the SPL and you have to wonder how they are going to be able to provide the goals we need where the likes of Stokes and Murray apparently couldn't in the view of the manager. Oli Shaw is a great prospect but has only recently been promoted from the development team. McLaren is untried and is clearly seen as not ready yet to play regular first team football. Kamberi had a very good debut last night but I have doubts he going to be able to be our main source of goals from now until May. Scott Allan can be a great player on his day but like Stokes he has been an underachiever in his career so far and has a reputation for trouble and causing problems in a squad. He divides the support and he really will have to hit the ground running to pacify some of the fans following his unexpected return to Easter Road.

I hope this radical January shake-up bears fruit for us this season, but I have to admit to being a touch concerned. We certainly need another striker in that's for sure.

Admin
Fuck off.

I bet you googled it, same as me.

Nope, I have read a lot about the templars, cathars and the reconquest of Spain, and never really understood the use of the word droit, as it means right as in turn right, not right as in entitlement.

Now feck off pishy drawers and read a book.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I don't agree with Hammi that Lennon has put Celtic's interests to the forefront in this 3 way deal, but I do think he has a point regarding his treatment of Murray and what we have ended up with in the cold light of day. The fact is that all three strikers signed last summer have either in the managers eyes proven not good enough or in Stokes case being a masssive liability affecting the morale of the squad. When you add to that Steven Whittaker's astonishing three year deal at the age of 33 it has to be said that the managers judgement in the transfer market with certain players has been questionable. On the flip side he could justifiably say they have proved successful as the team are fourth in the league and IMO overachieving given where we have came from. I do find the treatment of Simon Murray rather strange. Lennon was gushing in praise of him at the start of the season especially after his early goals including a great goal at Ibrox, and we rejected a bid from a Turkish club only a few weeks ago. If it was the case that Murray didn't want to go why was that not given as the reason for the bid failing ? In fact Hibs stated that the offer didn't match their valuation of him.

I have to say I am concerned that our front three are very much newcomers to the SPL and you have to wonder how they are going to be able to provide the goals we need where the likes of Stokes and Murray apparently couldn't in the view of the manager. Oli Shaw is a great prospect but has only recently been promoted from the development team. McLaren is untried and is clearly seen as not ready yet to play regular first team football. The Swiss lad had a very good debut last night but I have doubts he going to be able to be our main source of goals from now until May. Scott Allan can be a great player on his day but like Stokes he is an underachiever in his career so far and has a reputation for trouble and causing problems in a squad. He divides the support and he really will have to hit the ground running to pacify some of the fans following his unexpected return to Easter Road.

I hope this radical January shake-up bears fruit for us this season, but I have to admit to being a touch concerned. We certainly need another striker in that's for sure.

Great post, I've come to expect such things. Very calm and measured, so well done on that too.

However, on your disagreeing point. It's not directly at Lennon, in fact I've never even considered it as Lennon. Always been Hibs and Dundee. It's bigger than Lennon for me. It's Scottish football and how disgustingly obvious it is that nobody wants to challenge them.
Huns have been given some rough treatment from clubs in the softest way possible, but even that has gone now, McInnes turning them down will be the last example of such defiance.

Celtic needed a keeper on the last day, they decided they wanted the keeper we had just signed. Just after we injured Gordon. They helped themselves to him, without a whimper, offered us Scott in return. Dundee will have felt aggrieved so Celtic said, we'll take your best player and compensate you with a Hibs player...

Done.

Greenmachine

Great post, I've come to expect such things. Very calm and measured, so well done on that too.

However, on your disagreeing point. It's not directly at Lennon, in fact I've never even considered it as Lennon. Always been Hibs and Dundee. It's bigger than Lennon for me. It's Scottish football and how disgustingly obvious it is that nobody wants to challenge them.
Huns have been given some rough treatment from clubs in the softest way possible, but even that has gone now, McInnes turning them down will be the last example of such defiance.

Celtic needed a keeper on the last day, they decided they wanted the keeper we had just signed. Just after we injured Gordon. They helped themselves to him, without a whimper, offered us Scott in return. Dundee will have felt aggrieved so Celtic said, we'll take your best player and compensate you with a Hibs player...

Done.

Fair enough...apologies I misinterpreted what you meant. I do think it was just another example of Celtic flexing their muscles and letting everyone in the Scottish game know, as if they didn't already know, that they can more or less buy and sell who they want.

Smurf

So Lennon only lost Murray and signed Allan to keep Celtic happy?

FFS I've heard so twisted bollocks in my time online but dearie me.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me where I said I was delighted with the work we've done this window? For the record I'm pissed off and concerned that we have no proven forward at the club.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Fair enough...apologies I misinterpreted what you meant. I do think it was just another example of Celtic flexing their muscles and letting everyone in the Scottish game know, as if they didn't already know, that they can more or less buy and sell who they want.

Thanks, although I wasn't looking for an apology or such, just realised that maybe it looked like I was blasting Lennon. I think he's definitely got some questions to answer about who's came in, or played, or playing etc.

And it is, exactly that, but we're supposed to strive for better, a window that saw us lose key players to injury and arseholism. With real threat of key players leaving in the summer, we've done nothing to look forward, I'm not even convinced we've done anything for the present.

Would all of you happy ones, have been as happy had Celtic forced us to terminate Leigh's loan and helped themselves to him back then? While giving us.... Pick anyone of Scott Allan's current standing. And, forced us to give away Alex Harris (someone overachieving at that time)

Sound as good? If they can do it as they please, it's a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

So Lennon only lost Murray and signed Allan to keep Celtic happy?

FFS I've heard so twisted bollocks in my time online but dearie me.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me where I said I was delighted with the work we've done this window? For the record I'm pissed off and concerned that we have no proven forward at the club.

So we're arguing because? Simon Murray has proven he can... It should be up to the rest of them to support him in continuing to do so... Everyone has ups n downs. Weakening our attack for no reason at all... Just because you don't think he'd walk into the Aberdeen team, doesn't mean he's worse than nothing :dunno: