Forwsrd

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
Forward

Might be wrong are we not abit light regarding forwards I wonder if we are looking at free agents

Last edited:

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Yes we are definitely light up front and IMO weaker then we were before the window.
I hope Neil Lennon has his eye on another striker from the free agent list as right now we are not going to be strong enough
in that area of the team for the remainder of the season.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Yes we are definitely light up front and IMO weaker then we were before the window.
I hope Neil Lennon has his eye on another striker from the free agent list as right now we are not going to be strong enough
in that area of the team for the remainder of the season.

The James McLaren situation is a weird one....

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge

It is, but it looks like the manager just doesn't think he is ready to start games just now. I think I read somewhere he had a minor injury as well before he came to Hibs ? Lennon has now for various reasons discarded all three of his summer signings for the forward areas after only six months. Let's hope his judgement in January has been a bit better. I just feel we are putting too much faith in untested and half-fit youngsters up front when we really needed experience. I know it's difficult in the January window to get that sort of player but it's what we really needed especially with Stokes departure.

Last edited:

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
It is, but it looks like the manager just doesn't think he is ready to start games just now. I think I read somewhere he had a minor injury as well before h came to Hibs ? Lennon has now for various reasons discarded all three of his summer signings for the forward areas after only six months. let's hope his judgement in January has been a bit better. I just feel we are putting too much faith in untested and half-fit youngsters up front when we really needed experience. I know it's difficult in the January window to get that sort of player but it's what we really needed especially with Stokes departure.

We were talking about it last night,we took the view that Lennon recognised that the strikers weren’t good enough and pumped them out asap.

If we’re to challenge for Europe and Cups then it’s the kind of decisions that have to be taken.

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge

Not really; Lennon pretty much explained it in his interview after the game last night. He's just not as match sharp as he needs to be yet because there has been very limited training with the run of games we've had since the break so he's not been able to get his match fitness up properly. Plus he also picked up a wee knock in Portugal which won't have helped as he didn't play in the friendly against Willem II as far as I remember.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
We were talking about it last night,we took the view that Lennon recognised that the strikers weren’t good enough and pumped them out asap.

If we’re to challenge for Europe and Cups then it’s the kind of decisions that have to be taken.

But we didn't want to lose Simon when we were offered money for him earlier in the month.
And he was delighted we knocked it back. In fact, I'd go even further and say he really gets Hibs. Tearing up at sunshine on leith in the Easter road derby...

He's not gonna get any better playing for them than he is for us.

We've done this to accommodate Celtic. Certain of it.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
But we didn't want to lose Simon when we were offered money for him earlier in the month.
And he was delighted we knocked it back. In fact, I'd go even further and say he really gets Hibs. Tearing up at sunshine on leith in the Easter road derby...

I’m no sure i buy what Lennon says about that,keeping him on the bench suggests he doesn’t rate him(to me anyway).
Hibs tried to sell him to Dundee but couldn’t agree a fee....

NW

Just A Radge

Yes take the hard decisions but surely for that the squad has to enhanced and it’s hard to see that at present.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Yes take the hard decisions but surely for that the squad has to enhanced and it’s hard to see that at present.

We’ve swapped Murray for Scott Allan,we’ve got the better deal in that case i think.

Have to wait to see on McLaren and hope we bring another in

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge

Simon Murray gives 110% but it's obvious our manager doesn't feel he's good enough. That's been reflected in his team selection. FWIW I agree with him. And I'm pleased we've got a manager who quickly addresses these issues ruthlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Weird one, that?

I heard we actually accepted the bid. Murray didn't fancy Turkey.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really; Lennon pretty much explained it in his interview after the game last night. He's just not as match sharp as he needs to be yet because there has been very limited training with the run of games we've had since the break so he's not been able to get his match fitness up properly. Plus he also picked up a wee knock in Portugal which won't have helped as he didn't play in the friendly against Willem II as far as I remember.

He's had as much training as the guy who scored the opener last night. I think the guy who scored the opener last night has just impressed Lennon more....

NW

Just A Radge
We’ve swapped Murray for Scott Allan,we’ve got the better deal in that case i think.

Have to wait to see on McLaren and hope we bring another in

I fully accept Allan is a better player than Murray, but will he contribute as many goals. McLaren has been here weeks and barely sniffed the team. We need players ready to make a difference

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
I heard we actually accepted the bid. Murray didn't fancy Turkey.

- - - Updated - - -[/.[/QUOTE]

It’ll be the red hair.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
So long as we're happy with Boyle and McGinn as our top scorers.

Fwiw, such a ruthless manager, same guy who gave Stokes every chance under the sun, same guy who persisted playing Stokes despite numerous sub par performances, persisted with Whittaker until he couldn't play anymore. So ruthless we let Efe not turn up for training at the start of the season at still walk into the team.

Letting Simon Murray leave had nothing to do with being ruthless.

aggie

Justified Radge
So long as we're happy with Boyle and McGinn as our top scorers.

Fwiw, such a ruthless manager, same guy who gave Stokes every chance under the sun, same guy who persisted playing Stokes despite numerous sub par performances, persisted with Whittaker until he couldn't play anymore. So ruthless we let Efe not turn up for training at the start of the season at still walk into the team.

Letting Simon Murray leave had nothing to do with being ruthless.

I've been sensing dissatisfaction with you today, Hammi.

No one else will have picked up on it, I'm just extra-intuitive :rascal:

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I've been sensing dissatisfaction with you today, Hammi.

No one else will have picked up on it, I'm just extra-intuitive :rascal:

I'm fucked off being fucked off at Hibs, it's new for me, usually blindly fall into what we're doing..

All of that and I still like Lennon, but he needs to figure out what the fuck he's doing.

What I actually think. Is that we've overspent our budget, out the cup has hit us way earlier than we thought, we're not up to the top 3 so we've cut back. I think this is more a money saver than a transfer "strategy"