• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Footballers and vaccines

joethehibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
EFL are saying 25% of footballers are refusing to be vaccinated
Overpaid and you can now add selfish to their description .
Man utd v brighton added to the list of games postponed due to covid
Feck the fans eh 😡

My hunch is that at least that percentage would apply to SPL clubs also.

Footballers aren’t always the brightest, and I suspect you’re (unusually 😀) correct in believing many to also be selfish.

You're a footballer earning (in the EPL) upwards of £10K a week, here's an experimental drug, for a virus that virtually certainly won't cause you long term damage and a high chance that you won't even notice if you catch it.

These footballers have spent lifetimes getting to peak fitness, I can understand that they might weigh up the situation and make a judgement that the vaccine isn't for them.

However, I think it's clear that not all footballers think like that - there is a different mentality in the young and I'd guess if you look at the vaccination rates for 20 somethings, the footballer numbers might not actually be that out of sync.

You're a footballer earning (in the EPL) upwards of £10K a week, here's an experimental drug, for a virus that virtually certainly won't cause you long term damage and a high chance that you won't even notice if you catch it.

These footballers have spent lifetimes getting to peak fitness, I can understand that they might weigh up the situation and make a judgement that the vaccine isn't for them.

However, I think it's clear that not all footballers think like that - there is a different mentality in the young and I'd guess if you look at the vaccination rates for 20 somethings, the footballer numbers might not actually be that out of sync.

Not sure you can accurately describe them as 'experimental' vaccines.

Might be right about the rates reflecting general population though:

Screenshot_20211216-173616.jpg

Is it still experimental though 🤷‍♂️
The fact that you can have it without knowing and could possibly pass it on to someone who could then find themselves in ICU or worse makes them selfish in my eyes 😡

The fact that you can have it without knowing and could possibly pass it on to someone who could then find themselves in ICU or worse makes them selfish in my eyes 😡
Mine too , too much i'm alright jack attitude in society these days

Mine too , too much i'm alright jack attitude in society these days
Which Jack again?

Which Jack again?
Meoff

Self entitled idiots, they should be made to have it or told they can't play.

I can't remember playing in the EPL. Maybe heidin aw they fillies.

Unlikely players would have it and not know, given the amount of tests they do each week.

Unlikely players would have it and not know, given the amount of tests they do each week.
Possibly , but lateral flow tests are reckoned not to be exactly accurate , hence the need for a pcr test
when you do get a +ve result 🤔 mibby they’re a shower of feardies who dinny like needles 🤷‍♂️ Or mibby just selfish . We could ask them but I doubt you’d get a genuine answer .
Or they mibby believe everything nikki minaj says 🤣

I need to cut back on the mibbies , thought I’d get that in before the doc does 😩🤣

Possibly , but lateral flow tests are reckoned not to be exactly accurate , hence the need for a pcr test
when you do get a +ve result 🤔 mibby they’re a shower of feardies who dinny like needles 🤷‍♂️ Or mibby just selfish . We could ask them but I doubt you’d get a genuine answer .
Or they mibby believe everything nikki minaj says 🤣

I need to cut back on the mibbies , thought I’d get that in before the doc does 😩🤣

One of these days I'm going to fully understand one of your posts.

Then I'll know it's early onset dementia kicking in.

One of these days I'm going to fully understand one of your posts.

Then I'll know it's early onset dementia kicking in.
a niki minaj is a well known rapper and anti vaccine numpty
b. You used to pick up on excessive use of commas or such
c I like to wind you up 🤣

I do the daily express crossword on occasion to keep dementia at bay 🤪

a) not well enough obviously
b) not me, I use them too much. Maybe unnecessary apostrophe’s.
c) you cheer me up Joe, not wind me up.

a) not well enough obviously
b) not me, I use them too much. Maybe unnecessary apostrophe’s.
c) you cheer me up Joe, not wind me up.
Thanks Doc 👍

You can't know that B. Saying that the drug is experimental AND that it's virtually a certainty there is no long term damage is cherry picking opinion to suit a narrative.

You can't know that B. Saying that the drug is experimental AND that it's virtually a certainty there is no long term damage is cherry picking opinion to suit a narrative.
Fair point

I was reading something recently about Matt Le Tissier, and he was saying that there is a feeling amongst many players in England that the recent heart problems experienced by several of the players there is directly related to the vaccines. This is why so many are refusing to get vaccinated. He wants it fully investigated.

I was reading something recently about Matt Le Tissier, and he was saying that there is a feeling amongst many players in England that the recent heart problems experienced by several of the players there is directly related to the vaccines. This is why so many are refusing to get vaccinated. He wants it fully investigated.
These heart issues have been happening well before covid 🤷‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 1399 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back